• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting with Andromeda, anything I need to know?

User Info: deadpigs101

deadpigs101
1 year ago#1
I played a few minutes of the 2nd one, but never got into it. Just got this and Dragon Age for $15. I found this video, but was hoping I could get a fan of this game to give me their take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-0PjqFTm0

Also, do these games have any missable items, like the Sword of Kings in Earthbound? I don't want to use a guide, but I also don't want to restart the game because I overlooked something.
GT: DonGiovanni023 3DS Friend Code: 3282 3335 3766
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
1 year ago#2
The main missable things are some treasures in the various vaults you explore and specifically the chests locked by remnant codes.

The vaults tend to be one time excursions, so those are the main things you might want to look up, but none of the treasures are particularly amazing.

I'd strongly recommend getting the strike teams going ASAP. You can get really good treasures from them & the higher level you go, the better item rewards get.
Ok you didn’t like the second one which is the best one out the series and you decide to get the absolute worst one?!?!?!

f*** man.
Gamertag: VenomousRage20x / Dallas Mavericks 2018 - 2019. Dirk Nowitzki. Man, Legend, a hero for all he did for the Mavericks. I will always be grateful to him.

deadpigs101
1 year ago#4
Amazingspiderman1 posted...
Ok you didn’t like the second one which is the best one out the series and you decide to get the absolute worst one?!?!?!

f*** man.

I didn't dislike it, I started playing it right before I got an Xbox One and I just forgot about it until I made this topic. Evidentially I also owned Dragon Age before as I had a mage save on there from 2017, but at least I have all the DLC now.

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
1 year ago#5
I’d go back and play the original trilogy with the following DLC, minimally:

Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky.
Mass Effect 2: Stolen Memory, Price of Revenge, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival.
Mass Effect 3: From Ashes, Leviathan, Citadel, and the free “extended cut” ending.

A much better overall experience. Play each game in the original trilogy on the same platform so you can import your choices from game to game. That alone is amazing, even if choice impact is somewhat disappointing.

Andromeda isn’t an objectively bad game and each game in the original trilogy certainly has its flaws, but the original trilogy is leagues better than Andromeda in many, many regards.

User Info: zenandi

zenandi
1 year ago#6
Play the multiplayer!

You get items for SP, and it's good experimentation for what skills to commit to in the single player main game.

deadpigs101
1 year ago#7
zenandi posted...
Play the multiplayer!

You get items for SP, and it's good experimentation for what skills to commit to in the single player main game.

Is this a precursor to Apex Legends or is that just a coincidence?
Also can't get over all the responses, I expected to bump this once or twice before getting a response, thank you for the help so far!

User Info: indica

indica
11 months ago#8
zenandi posted...
Play the multiplayer!

you get SP items in MP? Is it still active? Can you play it offline with bots and get items?
There is no good. There is no evil. There just is.

User Info: zenandi

zenandi
11 months ago#9
indica posted...
you get SP items in MP? Is it still active? Can you play it offline with bots and get items?

Yeah, my Ryder was basically an arms merchant selling a dozen N7 Weapons to the Paradise.

It's still active but mostly I play with the Australian time-zone crowd. Not sure about the rest of the world. But I imagine so...

No bots. But you can try to solo the Apex missions (which gives the items) but it's hard to do Gold or Plat Apex (i.e. the ones your strike teams will fail...) without a team helping with Hacks and Upload objectives, unless it's a lucky day with none of that bs.

User Info: RavensRules69

RavensRules69
10 months ago#10
Anything you need to know? Yeah, don't get too attached to this game, and don't expect any DLC. Whiny, entitled a******s have effectively put paid to that.
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting with Andromeda, anything I need to know?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A