You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough

User Info: ZeloMedrix51

ZeloMedrix51
3 months ago#21
moonwatcher99 posted...
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...
Just started back on this myself. I always liked most things about it, I agree about the unsolved mysteries, but clearly some were intended to be dlc. (Which I would totally have bought, I have never been disappointed by any Bioware story dlc's.) I love playing around with the combat; there are some awesome build guides on youtube that are really cool to play around with. (Recommend anything by sin tee and Krazegaming.) Honestly, my only problem is the final run through all the Remnant monoliths scares the crap out of me. Never fails.
ill have to check them out. And I hope when Bioware comes back to Mass Effect they keep this story. So much to build on

Definitely recommend the Voidwalker/Biotic Bender guide by sin tee, and KhrazeGaming (sorry, mis-spelled that originally) has a good N7 build, and a crazy melee build. Have you read the novel that covers the Quarian Ark story? I think it's well written, although clearly not the story that would have been told in a dlc. Mostly, I just want to know who the freaking benefactor was! And what was served by murdering Jien Garson. Any thoughts on that, by the way? It's always interesting hearing new arguments on the debate. :)

I feel it all links to Cerberus tbh. What other organization is secrective (Jien's death) and has seemingly endless funds (the benefactor). Id like to think the illusive man had some idea about the initiative (considering he found out about Liara and the Shadow Broker) and put someone in charge to help fund it before the reapers got to him. Why Kill Jien? That I have no idea. Maybe to get themselves put in charge? Maybe Jien knew something?
"The Heart Of Chaos beats in my chest, a manifestation of Etro" - Caius

User Info: moonwatcher99

moonwatcher99
3 months ago#22
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...
Just started back on this myself. I always liked most things about it, I agree about the unsolved mysteries, but clearly some were intended to be dlc. (Which I would totally have bought, I have never been disappointed by any Bioware story dlc's.) I love playing around with the combat; there are some awesome build guides on youtube that are really cool to play around with. (Recommend anything by sin tee and Krazegaming.) Honestly, my only problem is the final run through all the Remnant monoliths scares the crap out of me. Never fails.
ill have to check them out. And I hope when Bioware comes back to Mass Effect they keep this story. So much to build on

Definitely recommend the Voidwalker/Biotic Bender guide by sin tee, and KhrazeGaming (sorry, mis-spelled that originally) has a good N7 build, and a crazy melee build. Have you read the novel that covers the Quarian Ark story? I think it's well written, although clearly not the story that would have been told in a dlc. Mostly, I just want to know who the freaking benefactor was! And what was served by murdering Jien Garson. Any thoughts on that, by the way? It's always interesting hearing new arguments on the debate. :)

I feel it all links to Cerberus tbh. What other organization is secrective (Jien's death) and has seemingly endless funds (the benefactor). Id like to think the illusive man had some idea about the initiative (considering he found out about Liara and the Shadow Broker) and put someone in charge to help fund it before the reapers got to him. Why Kill Jien? That I have no idea. Maybe to get themselves put in charge? Maybe Jien knew something?

Honestly, my feeling is Cerberus as well. A lot of people claim that it can't be TIM because of alien inclusion, but I point out that the Benefactor was not one of the original planners of the Initiative, they merely stepped in when it appeared the project would fail due to lack of money. He would have considered the other races a non issue, as long as humanity's future was assured. Plus, it lends credence to the question of why someone would fund a project, yet not join it, since its hinted that the assassin was not the benefactor themselves, but an agent. Really wish I knew what the end plan for this was. Both me and my husband are really hoping that if they really are planning to return to this franchise soon, as they've hinted, they don't abandon the Andromeda story.
Switch FC: 7084-9717-1799
XBOX: StrandedAbyss81

ZeloMedrix51
3 months ago#23
moonwatcher99 posted...
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...

Honestly, my feeling is Cerberus as well. A lot of people claim that it can't be TIM because of alien inclusion, but I point out that the Benefactor was not one of the original planners of the Initiative, they merely stepped in when it appeared the project would fail due to lack of money. He would have considered the other races a non issue, as long as humanity's future was assured. Plus, it lends credence to the question of why someone would fund a project, yet not join it, since its hinted that the assassin was not the benefactor themselves, but an agent. Really wish I knew what the end plan for this was. Both me and my husband are really hoping that if they really are planning to return to this franchise soon, as they've hinted, they don't abandon the Andromeda story.

Same. I love the Andromeda storyline

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
3 months ago#24
https://imgtc.com/i/pcL8fgJ.png
https://youtu.be/swIwgeaOasM
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> https://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 https://imgur.com/COylKWt

User Info: RavensRules69

RavensRules69
1 month ago#25
This is honestly probably my favorite out of the series; I like the "open" aspect of it as opposed to the linear, "here's what you gotta do" of the original trilogy. One thing annoys me no end, though: far as I can tell, we never get to wrap up the Ryder Twins' story, and their mom, what, just sits in cryo for all eternity like that box of Hot Pockets you buy and then forget about for a year?
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU

ZeloMedrix51
1 month ago#26
RavensRules69 posted...
This is honestly probably my favorite out of the series; I like the "open" aspect of it as opposed to the linear, "here's what you gotta do" of the original trilogy. One thing annoys me no end, though: far as I can tell, we never get to wrap up the Ryder Twins' story, and their mom, what, just sits in cryo for all eternity like that box of Hot Pockets you buy and then forget about for a year?

I assume that was either dlc or meant for the next game

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
3 weeks ago#27
DLC was meant to come out but stopped because EA killed it and disbanded BW Montreal.

RavensRules69 posted...
their mom, what, just sits in cryo for all eternity like that box of Hot Pockets you buy and then forget about for a year?

xD
https://youtu.be/swIwgeaOasM,
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> https://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 https://imgur.com/COylKWt
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough