You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough

User Info: trippinsands

trippinsands
4 months ago#11
I played thru a few times, haven’t played in awhile but despite all the issues when it was released I liked it. My only gripe and I still have it, was there are WAY to many unsolved mysteries..Not just the kett, angora and scourge or the missing ark which got solved in a book, not a bad read btw..there’s that annoying worm that is just there, u can’t interact with it or fight it u can only chase it. there’s also Jean greys death that never gets solved, in that u solve a mystery only to be answered with another mystery that u can not solve. plus I always felt like they had some kind of story planned that involves Cerberus.. there were definitely a few seeds planted but they never turned into anything..there were a couple of other smaller ones too that just fizzle out with no real answers.. And Out of the big mysteries the scourge still bugs me the most, it’s the reason all the arks were damaged in the first place, but got treated as more of a semi side story that never has any real answers only a bunch of questions that were a possible set up for MEA 2.... what made the mysteries hurt even more was EA shelving ME and killing any dlc for Andromeda I’m sure they would have answered at least some of them...but we’ll never know.. and when they do create a new ME game who knows if they’ll go back to andromeda or go back to the Milky Way.. at this point I don’t really care.. I just want another ME game and pray anthem isn’t a prototype of the direction they’ll go in with ME.

I still play MEA from time to time but not for the story.. it’s gameplay is still fun.. and I don’t think I’ll ever stop playing thru the trilogy, I always go back to it, over the years ME 1 & 2 are the most replayed games in my library, and I have a lot of games I like to go back to, but none as frequently as ME.. and I replay ME 3 too but it’s got along way to go to catch up to 1 & 2.

User Info: ZeloMedrix51

ZeloMedrix51
4 months ago#12
trippinsands posted...
I played thru a few times, haven’t played in awhile but despite all the issues when it was released I liked it. My only gripe and I still have it, was there are WAY to many unsolved mysteries..Not just the kett, angora and scourge or the missing ark which got solved in a book, not a bad read btw..there’s that annoying worm that is just there, u can’t interact with it or fight it u can only chase it. there’s also Jean greys death that never gets solved, in that u solve a mystery only to be answered with another mystery that u can not solve. plus I always felt like they had some kind of story planned that involves Cerberus.. there were definitely a few seeds planted but they never turned into anything..there were a couple of other smaller ones too that just fizzle out with no real answers.. And Out of the big mysteries the scourge still bugs me the most, it’s the reason all the arks were damaged in the first place, but got treated as more of a semi side story that never has any real answers only a bunch of questions that were a possible set up for MEA 2.... what made the mysteries hurt even more was EA shelving ME and killing any dlc for Andromeda I’m sure they would have answered at least some of them...but we’ll never know.. and when they do create a new ME game who knows if they’ll go back to andromeda or go back to the Milky Way.. at this point I don’t really care.. I just want another ME game and pray anthem isn’t a prototype of the direction they’ll go in with ME.

I still play MEA from time to time but not for the story.. it’s gameplay is still fun.. and I don’t think I’ll ever stop playing thru the trilogy, I always go back to it, over the years ME 1 & 2 are the most replayed games in my library, and I have a lot of games I like to go back to, but none as frequently as ME.. and I replay ME 3 too but it’s got along way to go to catch up to 1 & 2.

Ill say the things that werent answered will be in MEA2...hopefully
"The Heart Of Chaos beats in my chest, a manifestation of Etro" - Caius

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#13
I'm currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda, and i'm 44 hours into it. I'm doing every side quest plus a lot of backtracking, so that's problably why it said only 34% complete in the save.

I played and love all 3 original Mass Effect games. Going into this game I didn't expect much due to all the hate that this game gets. What do I think about Mass Effect Andromeda? The game is absolutely awesome. If I had bought this game at full price for $60 I would've been 100% satisfied. I would've gotten every cent of my money's worth. I'm shocked that i'm playing the same game that some people are called trash, not that good, or bad.

You wanna know what's funny, though? People complain about micro transactions, short games, incomplete games, and half a game at launch with the rest of the game sold through dlc, right? Along comes a game like Mass Effect Andromeda that is a complete experience with a huge amount of content in it, and people still complain. It a sad sad thing calling a game like this anything less than excellent.

The atmosphere, gameplay, lore, exploration, content, and fun is all there in abundance in Mass Effect Andromeda. This is an excellent Mass Effect spin off game.

User Info: 20ME2cmpnvet

20ME2cmpnvet
3 months ago#14
I go through and play all 4 games at least once or twice a year. Speaking of...That time of year is coming soon.
Screen Archery is a Addiction https://www.flickr.com/photos/127344542@N08/
"Never touch another man's fries !!"

ZeloMedrix51
3 months ago#15
20ME2cmpnvet posted...
I go through and play all 4 games at least once or twice a year. Speaking of...That time of year is coming soon.

You know thats a good idea

ZeloMedrix51
3 months ago#16
Hucast9 posted...
I'm currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda, and i'm 44 hours into it. I'm doing every side quest plus a lot of backtracking, so that's problably why it said only 34% complete in the save.

I played and love all 3 original Mass Effect games. Going into this game I didn't expect much due to all the hate that this game gets. What do I think about Mass Effect Andromeda? The game is absolutely awesome. If I had bought this game at full price for $60 I would've been 100% satisfied. I would've gotten every cent of my money's worth. I'm shocked that i'm playing the same game that some people are called trash, not that good, or bad.

You wanna know what's funny, though? People complain about micro transactions, short games, incomplete games, and half a game at launch with the rest of the game sold through dlc, right? Along comes a game like Mass Effect Andromeda that is a complete experience with a huge amount of content in it, and people still complain. It a sad sad thing calling a game like this anything less than excellent.

The atmosphere, gameplay, lore, exploration, content, and fun is all there in abundance in Mass Effect Andromeda. This is an excellent Mass Effect spin off game.
I agree 100 percent. To bad itll never get the attention it deserves due to the technical problems

User Info: junctx_materia

junctx_materia
3 months ago#17
An updated ME1 would be sublime. 2 and 3 could be left alone.

User Info: moonwatcher99

moonwatcher99
3 months ago#18
Just started back on this myself. I always liked most things about it, I agree about the unsolved mysteries, but clearly some were intended to be dlc. (Which I would totally have bought, I have never been disappointed by any Bioware story dlc's.) I love playing around with the combat; there are some awesome build guides on youtube that are really cool to play around with. (Recommend anything by sin tee and Krazegaming.) Honestly, my only problem is the final run through all the Remnant monoliths scares the crap out of me. Never fails.
Switch FC: 7084-9717-1799
XBOX: StrandedAbyss81

ZeloMedrix51
3 months ago#19
moonwatcher99 posted...
Just started back on this myself. I always liked most things about it, I agree about the unsolved mysteries, but clearly some were intended to be dlc. (Which I would totally have bought, I have never been disappointed by any Bioware story dlc's.) I love playing around with the combat; there are some awesome build guides on youtube that are really cool to play around with. (Recommend anything by sin tee and Krazegaming.) Honestly, my only problem is the final run through all the Remnant monoliths scares the crap out of me. Never fails.
ill have to check them out. And I hope when Bioware comes back to Mass Effect they keep this story. So much to build on

User Info: moonwatcher99

moonwatcher99
3 months ago#20
ZeloMedrix51 posted...
moonwatcher99 posted...
ill have to check them out. And I hope when Bioware comes back to Mass Effect they keep this story. So much to build on

Definitely recommend the Voidwalker/Biotic Bender guide by sin tee, and KhrazeGaming (sorry, mis-spelled that originally) has a good N7 build, and a crazy melee build. Have you read the novel that covers the Quarian Ark story? I think it's well written, although clearly not the story that would have been told in a dlc. Mostly, I just want to know who the freaking benefactor was! And what was served by murdering Jien Garson. Any thoughts on that, by the way? It's always interesting hearing new arguments on the debate. :)
Switch FC: 7084-9717-1799
XBOX: StrandedAbyss81
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough