You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough

User Info: ZeloMedrix51

ZeloMedrix51
4 months ago#1
I gotta say after taking a really long break (After beating it 4 times) from this game its refreshing to get back in a play again. Despite the games flaws I gotta say its not a bad game. Id say this is the best time to jump in if you haven't tried the game. Ik It had a bad rap when it first came out but now that its been awhile id say give it a try. Games on sale for like 7 bucks on psn. Give it a try peeps.
"The Heart Of Chaos beats in my chest, a manifestation of Etro" - Caius

User Info: OutlawJT

OutlawJT
4 months ago#2
I just came back to this myself. I only got halfway through back when it came out. and then got put off when the word came out there would be no dlc. I was heartbroken and disappointed with EA and Bioware. By the time that wore off or dulled enough I'd moved on to other games. I loved Andromeda back then and I still love it now. Best gameplay in the series. The cast is a little weaker overall than the trilogy but not by near as much as most people like to claim. The story is good.

Anyways, now I've come back to it I'll be working on knocking out all the achievements. 100% the trilogy. Even the difficult Arrival dlc achievements. Finishing my playthrough with male Ryder, gonna have to have a go with female Ryder.
NS FC: SW-1014-1963-5814

ZeloMedrix51
4 months ago#3
OutlawJT posted...
I just came back to this myself. I only got halfway through back when it came out. and then got put off when the word came out there would be no dlc. I was heartbroken and disappointed with EA and Bioware. By the time that wore off or dulled enough I'd moved on to other games. I loved Andromeda back then and I still love it now. Best gameplay in the series. The cast is a little weaker overall than the trilogy but not by near as much as most people like to claim. The story is good.

Anyways, now I've come back to it I'll be working on knocking out all the achievements. 100% the trilogy. Even the difficult Arrival dlc achievements. Finishing my playthrough with male Ryder, gonna have to have a go with female Ryder.

Glad to know im not the only one who still enjoys this game I have to say that I like all of andromedas cast and would put it over ME1's full cast.

OutlawJT
4 months ago#4
I can't agree with you there TC. Nothing beats Wrex, Tali, Joker, and Garrus. I do really like all the characters on the Tempest crew but some of them aren't as well rounded (personality-wise) as the crew from ME1 and the trilogy as a whole. Something that could/would be worked on in dlc or sequels we'll probably never see.

ZeloMedrix51
4 months ago#5
OutlawJT posted...
I can't agree with you there TC. Nothing beats Wrex, Tali, Joker, and Garrus. I do really like all the characters on the Tempest crew but some of them aren't as well rounded (personality-wise) as the crew from ME1 and the trilogy as a whole. Something that could/would be worked on in dlc or sequels we'll probably never see.

Thing is most of ME1's crew wasnt memorable until ME2 imo. But they all hold a special place though. They arent bad by any means

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
4 months ago#6
I've been playing through the original trilogy again, currently about a third of the way through ME:3, and I'm planning to give Andromeda another shot when I'm done.

Originally bought it on release day and got about 30 hours into it and ended up putting it down. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more this time.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

OutlawJT
4 months ago#7
stapler87 posted...
I've been playing through the original trilogy again, currently about a third of the way through ME:3, and I'm planning to give Andromeda another shot when I'm done.

Originally bought it on release day and got about 30 hours into it and ended up putting it down. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more this time.

If you take nothing else away from Andromeda, consider that it gave us the absolute best mission/level Bioware has ever made in one of the loyalty missions. Next time I play through Andromeda I'm creating and keeping a save right before it so I can easily go back and replay it.

User Info: Drizzt_1981

Drizzt_1981
4 months ago#8
I still love this game I'm soo disappointed we will never get some of the big questions of the game, like what happened to the remnant, would the Milky Way make out of the cluster and get info the rest of the galaxy, and stuff about the rest of the Kett. Not to mention the fifth ark and I love my Quariens and was super sad they were not there.
"Sane is boring." -R.A. Salvatore
GT: Drizzt 1981

OutlawJT
4 months ago#9
Drizzt_1981 posted...
I still love this game I'm soo disappointed we will never get some of the big questions of the game, like what happened to the remnant, would the Milky Way make out of the cluster and get info the rest of the galaxy, and stuff about the rest of the Kett. Not to mention the fifth ark and I love my Quariens and was super sad they were not there.

At the very least, I'm pretty sure we're getting the Quarian Ark story via a book or comic. The rest, yeah we will probably never learn more about the Kett or the Remnant or the rest of the Andromeda galaxy. If I had to bet, I'd guess if/when they come back to Mass Effect we'll be getting a Milky Way game set even farther into the future than Andromeda. Enough time for everyone (including the Asari and Krogan) who were alive during the Reaper war to have died and for the galaxy's infrastructure to be restored to a base level long since. Enough time that the Reaper war has passed into the realm of myth and legend based on historical facts.

User Info: EvilTyger

EvilTyger
4 months ago#10
I wasn't able to finish either this or Dragon Age:Inquisition.

They tried too hard to be an MMO, but without what makes MMOs work. other people. Even ignoring the grindy time sinks, running around many of these maps just wound up being boring. Yeah, I ohh'd and ahh'd the first time through. but the 8th? the 18th?
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Starting My 5th Playthrough