• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I really enjoyed Mass Effect: Andromeda!

User Info: ladyglaze

ladyglaze
1 year ago#11
I'm really enjoying it as well! My only complaint is not having more time to play it lol.

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
1 year ago#12
ApexMjolnir posted...
CiderMcBrandy posted...
I'm the opposite end, its hard for me to see why people would put up with this game (besides nostalgia) when theres excellent RPGs out there. At its best to me its middling. Mostly it feels like a clumsy knock off, ticking the boxes to feel like its got stuff from the past. Especially the crew. Grizzled old war dog alien? Check! Flirty Asari Archeologist because youve got special cosmic powers? Check!

Sure the graphics got fixed. But nothing fixes the just.. pathetic group of bad guys, the absolutely terrible idea of the Pathfinder role and the ho-hum story. Combat is improved, but I really wouldn't call this an exploration game, as there is very little of interest to find that doesn't feel like bland fetchquest. Gotta save the arks, sorry I'm the only one who has to find your research papers. Yeesh.

Care to elaborate on all these "AMAZING" RPG's.

I personally am not a fan of JRPGs, Monster hunter grinding, Free-to-play, Final Fantasy, Turn-based, or similar RPGs.

I do enjoy a good Dark Souls, (or clone) whenever possible. Didn't care for Fallout 4, or Skyrim, both of which feel worse every time I play one.

Mass Effect seems to nail the perfect spot between, boring and non-stop action.

There is currently nothing even close to it on the market right now.

I have probably played through both Shadow Warrior games 30 times each, and there is nothing else like them on the market either.

So I basically have around 20 games I actually enjoy, playing. Mass Effect has been that one series where I feel I can nerd out a little bit, and enjoy it at a comfortable pace, and still enjoy the combat, and the story, and not feel like I am grinding my stats.

So yeah... enlighten me on this Saturation of much better RPG's.

Just because you're "not a fan of" and "didn't care for" better RPGs doesn't make them cease to exist. If the Mass Effect style of RPG scratches your specific itch, that's fine.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
1 year ago#13
It's not a bad game. Yeah a******s like Manaveer really damaged the game's image and EA bumbled in and demanded unnecessary changes in an attempt to make more money but it's far from the worst game in existance.

If EA hadn't pulled the plug I think it would've gotten better through patches and DLC.
Booster Gold is the hero we need and deserve.
GT - AN EWOKS WRATH

User Info: CiderMcBrandy

CiderMcBrandy
1 year ago#14
ApexMjolnir posted...
CiderMcBrandy posted...
I'm the opposite end, its hard for me to see why people would put up with this game (besides nostalgia) when theres excellent RPGs out there. At its best to me its middling. Mostly it feels like a clumsy knock off, ticking the boxes to feel like its got stuff from the past. Especially the crew. Grizzled old war dog alien? Check! Flirty Asari Archeologist because youve got special cosmic powers? Check!

Sure the graphics got fixed. But nothing fixes the just.. pathetic group of bad guys, the absolutely terrible idea of the Pathfinder role and the ho-hum story. Combat is improved, but I really wouldn't call this an exploration game, as there is very little of interest to find that doesn't feel like bland fetchquest. Gotta save the arks, sorry I'm the only one who has to find your research papers. Yeesh.

Care to elaborate on all these "AMAZING" RPG's.

I personally am not a fan of JRPGs, Monster hunter grinding, Free-to-play, Final Fantasy, Turn-based, or similar RPGs.

I do enjoy a good Dark Souls, (or clone) whenever possible. Didn't care for Fallout 4, or Skyrim, both of which feel worse every time I play one.

Mass Effect seems to nail the perfect spot between, boring and non-stop action.

There is currently nothing even close to it on the market right now.

I have probably played through both Shadow Warrior games 30 times each, and there is nothing else like them on the market either.

So I basically have around 20 games I actually enjoy, playing. Mass Effect has been that one series where I feel I can nerd out a little bit, and enjoy it at a comfortable pace, and still enjoy the combat, and the story, and not feel like I am grinding my stats.

So yeah... enlighten me on this Saturation of much better RPG's.

You kind of poop over the latest modern games, but that doesn't exclude the past, older Bioware. The Witcher 3 was pretty dang amazing, I get some didn't like the combat - definitely not its best part. If you want to go back through the consoles, I'm sure theres quality RPGs that are not Fallout 4, JRPGs or tactics based that are fondly regarded.
GT: Cider Mcbrandy
born in darkness, forged in fire, filled with nougat

CiderMcBrandy
1 year ago#15
Charocks posted...
It's not a bad game. Yeah a******s like Manaveer really damaged the game's image and EA bumbled in and demanded unnecessary changes in an attempt to make more money but it's far from the worst game in existance.

If EA hadn't pulled the plug I think it would've gotten better through patches and DLC.

Yeah, with some love and care, this might have gotten much better, look at Destiny 1, that took forever to get decent. I was bummed Andromeda's obvious DLC was the quarians... which don't get me wrong, I like quarians .. but I want to see something new, not a race players have gotten a chance to see plenty of already.

User Info: kiki988

kiki988
1 year ago#16
I avoided this game long time, due to worst critics in game history ever.

Now i tried. WTH? its pretty great, having lot of fun.
I was ME1 ME2 lover, ME3 is where disapointment came. This one is just fine.

Yea writing sucks a bit, doesnt matter that much, characters are terrible, especially from visual perspective omg peebee, whoever designed and published such crap. Solved by mods. So no biggie here, actually all my characters and especially ryder and really good looking. Important thing for me lol.

Combat is cool, gear is cool, upgrading, exploring, i am enjoying it. Just started second playthrough insanity vanquard.

Music sucks or is completely absent. After Nier Automata this is just wth.

It has flaws, it has been lot patched, i also modded it, but still, i dont get where did those super bad critics came from. It has ME feel. Yea crappy writing, but after DA2, DAI, i expected worse.

It doesnt deserve hate, when i compare it with fallout 4 (my biggest disapointment in 20 years of gaming), which killed whole fallout franchise, i dont get it, ME is way less off, how fallout got game of the year, and and this got so much hate hmmmm.

CiderMcBrandy
1 year ago#17
kiki988 posted...
I avoided this game long time, due to worst critics in game history ever.

Now i tried. WTH? its pretty great, having lot of fun.
I was ME1 ME2 lover, ME3 is where disapointment came. This one is just fine.

Yea writing sucks a bit, doesnt matter that much, characters are terrible, especially from visual perspective omg peebee, whoever designed and published such crap. Solved by mods. So no biggie here, actually all my characters and especially ryder and really good looking. Important thing for me lol.

Combat is cool, gear is cool, upgrading, exploring, i am enjoying it. Just started second playthrough insanity vanquard.

Music sucks or is completely absent. After Nier Automata this is just wth.

It has flaws, it has been lot patched, i also modded it, but still, i dont get where did those super bad critics came from. It has ME feel. Yea crappy writing, but after DA2, DAI, i expected worse.

It doesnt deserve hate, when i compare it with fallout 4 (my biggest disapointment in 20 years of gaming), which killed whole fallout franchise, i dont get it, ME is way less off, how fallout got game of the year, and and this got so much hate hmmmm.

so you said the music sucks or is absent, the writing sucks a bit, the characters are terrible and you don't undestand the hate?

Actually my first Fallout game was 4. To me, I see that probably the way you see Andromeda. I'm not passionate about Fallout, I realize I'm missing out on a ton of choices and better storytelling from earlier, but my ME:A is your Fallout 4. Its my worst disappointment since well, lol, the ME3 ending and uneven writing.

User Info: kiki988

kiki988
1 year ago#18
so you said the music sucks or is absent, the writing sucks a bit, the characters are terrible and you don't undestand the hate?

Actually my first Fallout game was 4. To me, I see that probably the way you see Andromeda. I'm not passionate about Fallout, I realize I'm missing out on a ton of choices and better storytelling from earlier, but my ME:A is your Fallout 4. Its my worst disappointment since well, lol, the ME3 ending and uneven writing.

Characters (writing) and writing is subpar. Especially looking at WASTED POTENTIAL, so many lines of dialogue, so much money into VA, but almost no dialogue is interesting.
Characters (looks) original design, especially peebee, but cora and ryder too, is lame. But easy way to mod this, and you have beauties all of them, quite alot.

Btw imo, ME3 had s***ty writing as well, but really well written characters. Story was one big mess, especially ending (dont let me start about dlcs lol). ME3 was big disapointment for me. DA2. DA:I. Theres noone who can write something ok in bioware long time, btw. Well written (and also good looking) characters are often more than enough, see D:OS2 for example.

I am into more serious rpgs, tho best rpg, or game ever i consider Automata, but i had nothing to play, and i am having real fun, in mid of second playthrough. Not like witcher, i loved it, but second playthrough even with combat mods etc (because original combat is just bad), different choices of story, still i couldnt stand boredom and left it about mid game.

Despite all flaws, game feels above ok, combat is amazing, crafting, upgrading, lot of gear etc, its nice. Missing some unique gear tho, but either way its fine. I like graphics, landscapes. Sounds are nice.

It could be more, but it is still very solid action rpg. So lets just enjoy action rpg, with nice graphics and nice characters (if you mod them lololol). No music... dnb streams ftw, works. Thats it for me.

Why they didnt make it better, why bioware artists sucks that bad, or whoever did peebee and rest, and facial animations lol. Story writing lol. I dont understand. But i also dont understand that big hate. It is not meant to be sequel to ME3.

About fallout 4 hmm, i hope you dont find writing of that shooter better (its not even rpg). I could look on it separate, ignoring all fallouts before, whats left is glitchy buggy VATS nonsense deliverer stealth boredom, with Preston annoying idiot spamming radiant quests and story just becomes one big mess, saying totally nothing. And all inclusive with bethesda creative club cow milking attempts. With LOLOLOL settlements building. No thanks. Only exception is far harbor DLC, that was fine part of whole fo4.

User Info: Jaykray

Jaykray
1 year ago#19
ApexMjolnir posted...
Care to elaborate on all these "AMAZING" RPG's. I personally am not a fan of JRPGs, Monster hunter grinding, Free-to-play, Final Fantasy, Turn-based, or similar RPGs. I do enjoy a good Dark Souls, (or clone) whenever possible. Didn't care for Fallout 4, or Skyrim, both of which feel worse every time I play one. Mass Effect seems to nail the perfect spot between, boring and non-stop action. There is currently nothing even close to it on the market right now.

Uh, The Witcher 3 says "Hello!". It also happens to be the best rpg on the market, and has been for the last four years. As a critic stated in one of their Horizon: Zero Dawn reviews, we live in a post-Witcher 3 video gaming world, so TW3 is the game to measure others up to right now. Quite frankly, there's currently nothing that has the depth of character, writing and story that TW3 possesses, and I have a feeling it's going to be some time before we see something overtake it.

User Info: OutlawJT

OutlawJT
1 year ago#20
XnarutoX626 posted...
I think it is as good as any game in the original trilogy; granted I started playing this game after 10 patches. Am I weird?

I didn't think it was as good as the original trilogy but I do think it's a good game. I think it was a good game before the patches actually. The glitches were blown waaaaay out of proportion and weren't anywhere near as bad as everyone was making them out to be. I do think there are individual missions that were as good as the original trilogy. Liam's loyalty mission is one of my favorite missions in the entire series.

I don't think it was a great game, though. Just a good one. The original trilogy were all great games! I really, really hope they come back to Mass Effect after Anthem (which I'm looking forward to with cautious optimism).
3DS FC: 4957-3936-8441
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I really enjoyed Mass Effect: Andromeda!
  • Topic Archived