Things this game did right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Things this game did right

User Info: Nefhith

Nefhith
4 months ago#1
Combos. I sighed heavily when using my human adept and saw my friend pick an engineer. Got pleasantly surprised when I saw overload detonating my biotics instead of cancelling them (looking at you ME3; you owe me many Warp biotic combos).

Also, EVERYTHING primes ANYTHING. Whoops, I just cryo beam'd armor and he didn't freeze solid... COMBO ANYWAYS! God damn, I love how armor instead of being the enemy equivalent of plot shield instead feels more armor-y.

Unlock progress. Gotta love unlocking 'dem uncommons on your PSPs, rite? Not rite. It's awesome how you now unlock everything to X before getting "completionist"-tier stuff, such as level XI+ characters, and how instead of being colours, they provide bonuses (still a bit concerned my infiltrator only gets power damage, combo and melee; really useful for my incinerate, I guess?). Also, seems like it got "better" from ME3's method. No more tomfoolery when getting 'dem big packs. Aw yiss.
Do you want to build a reaper?

User Info: TemplariShadow

TemplariShadow
4 months ago#2
Did you just start the mp?

Nefhith
4 months ago#3
Probs. Maybe. A bit.

User Info: Hui_Tian

Hui_Tian
4 months ago#4
Lol Nef.

I'll be honest, I still go on MEA MP streaks for a few days at a time and then forget about it for a few weeks.

I'll agree, they did a better job at combos, for both tech and biotics.. although, I can't say much else about the powers because I think ME3 did powers better overall.

I do like the vertical level of gameplay that has become available for the maps, but I don't know if it's an improvement versus the grounded Gears Of War feel. It feels like a different game regardless.

Not sure what else I can say that I think is an improvement... it's fun, but I don't feel as addiced as I did in ME3
"I'll Eat Your Dog!!!"

User Info: TemplariShadow

TemplariShadow
4 months ago#5
I'm probably gonna dip a few toes back in the MEA MP pool Maybe try to max some more of them Variant Rares.

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
4 months ago#6
Love ME3 MP. And it’s still very active.
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
3 months ago#7
Is mp good. I may get back Into playing this i have yet to beat to the story and I did enjoy mp alittle more then games like destiny 2.

Is mp fun is it worth re downloading. It does seem like a huge open world space game. I only got like 5 hours into story maybe.

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
3 months ago#8
I love the verticality, being able to have an Asari sword, full access to all the powers (even though it’s limited in a sense), and some of the new cast, and the ending was well done. Great game, just rushed and sadly gone all too soon.
GT: Rafficus III | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
3 months ago#9
Things this game did right:........................
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

Nefhith
3 months ago#10
Rafficus_III posted...
I love the verticality, being able to have an Asari sword, full access to all the powers (even though it’s limited in a sense), and some of the new cast, and the ending was well done. Great game, just rushed and sadly gone all too soon.

Yes. Has the same impression about the story. Still a good setup, I really hope there's a ME:A2 that does things right like ME2 did.

shads3055 posted...
Is mp good. I may get back Into playing this i have yet to beat to the story and I did enjoy mp alittle more then games like destiny 2.

Is mp fun is it worth re downloading. It does seem like a huge open world space game. I only got like 5 hours into story maybe.

If you like Destiny, you'll like it!

Hui_Tian posted...

I'll agree, they did a better job at combos, for both tech and biotics.. although, I can't say much else about the powers because I think ME3 did powers better overall.

I do like the vertical level of gameplay that has become available for the maps, but I don't know if it's an improvement versus the grounded Gears Of War feel. It feels like a different game regardless.

It does indeed feel like a different game. Not a bad thing, in my opinion. We already played 3 games with the same mechanics (with variations). A different playstyle is a risky, but always welcome move, and Bioware did it right.

Still, I miss being able to just dodge roll. I can't count how many times I buzz lightyear'd my way out of the map.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Things this game did right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived