ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
10 months ago#191
donkeyofdestiny posted...
BiggyDX posted...

Why doesn’t Avenger Strike benefit from power damage bonuses, and could we see the ability benefiting from power damage in the future? At the very least, can her ramping melee damage bonus apply to Avenger Strike?

RESPONSE - Baastian Frank responded that an ability is either classed as a melee ability or power ability. Having both on Avenger Strike would make the ability, ‘OP’. <-- (LOL)

What a load of crap, shadow strike wasn't OP and it scaled off of both (and benefited from the extra armor damage evo from sword mastery). its a single target power with mediocre damage, it needs more oomph.

I know they should not balance with veteran rank X in mind, but can you imagine how great it would be with an Avenger XX and it benefiting from power and melee damage?
My signature is a bold statement.

User Info: donkeyofdestiny

donkeyofdestiny
10 months ago#192
Mr_Pipboy posted...
donkeyofdestiny posted...
BiggyDX posted...

Why doesn’t Avenger Strike benefit from power damage bonuses, and could we see the ability benefiting from power damage in the future? At the very least, can her ramping melee damage bonus apply to Avenger Strike?

RESPONSE - Baastian Frank responded that an ability is either classed as a melee ability or power ability. Having both on Avenger Strike would make the ability, ‘OP’. <-- (LOL)

What a load of crap, shadow strike wasn't OP and it scaled off of both (and benefited from the extra armor damage evo from sword mastery). its a single target power with mediocre damage, it needs more oomph.

I know they should not balance with veteran rank X in mind, but can you imagine how great it would be with an Avenger XX and it benefiting from power and melee damage?

it wouldnt be that big a deal if it did. it may one shot bosses (or leave them hurting) but it is single target.
Well when a big ass car flies over your bird and craps on it! - My mom.
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
10 months ago#193
Here are the questions and responses from other twitch users; most from a user named JRandall0308 (who also fields questions for BSN):

Would you consider add’l methods to alleviate the ‘grind’? -- ex. increased payouts (even beyond Apex or Plat.), pack discounts or sales, higher double-card drop rates, packs with only chars / wpns (no boosters), etc.

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 we're looking at that using the data we get from game

We like the Equipment rotating through the store, but: will you ensure we get 1-2 new equip. ea. week? And see all new equip. within reasonable timeframe? Rather than truly random.

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 i'll double check, but even at random it should rotate everything through before repeating

With so many more cards, the chance to get ammo as a booster is proportionally reduced. Can we please have an 'ammo only' pack?

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 we've explored more ways to get at specific content through item store, so its something we can keep look into

From 1.06 to 1.09, Assault Rifles got significant improvements, but semi-auto ARs are still inferior to semi-auto pistols. Ex: Sidewinder (despite smaller clip) has better DPS compared to Mattock, Sandstorm, Halberd. Semi-auto ARs need love badly!

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 we can take another look at ARs

Sniper Rifles: currently the URs Valiant, Black Widow, Inferno still don’t feel strong enough for their rarity until close to Rank X. Would you look at the UR SRs again, please?

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 yep, we're looking at these as well for balancing

Will you please add better sorting of weapons & boosters, now that there are so many different types? Perhaps allow ‘group by’ base weapon / booster in addition to ‘sort by’ rarity.

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 hmm good q - we have a few ui tweaks we'd love to do so we can look at this if we can get to that

With so many weapons + variants now, will you add a way to group the weapons in the selection list? Would make choosing one faster when in a lobby.

DiscoBabaloo: JRandall0308 on the ui list

BlazingLordSoul: @discobabaloo please make plat harder across the board. Kett specifically is too easy.

DiscoBabaloo: @blazinglordsoul we'll keep looking at the match data as part of balancing for this
Bastiaan also noted that while some of the userbase wants really hard Plat. They do like to do that in missions, but the general Plat difficulty they are happy with.

skauron: SERIOUS QUESTION TIME. During one of the may livestreams you (bioware) said that the problem with the audio cutting out in multiplayer was being passed to the Frostbite Dev team. This was 2 months ago now.. so has there been any update on this? is it going to be fixed? and when?

Bastiaan: it's a Frostbite (the game engine) problem. Even if FB fixes it, the fix won't work for MEA due to (diverged code presumably, he trailed off).

User Info: TemplariShadow

TemplariShadow
10 months ago#194
The new shotgun is really called the Shorty? I thought Pip was BSing.

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
10 months ago#195
TemplariShadow posted...
The new shotgun is really called the Shorty? I thought Pip was BSing.

As did I, lol. At first Pip called it a shortgun though and I thought that was the joke. Hence my bad joke...

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
10 months ago#196
Here's a database on reddit i found of all the questions and answers. Might be Biggys

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k8ug7EIeOqgNYQbrs9TkNWM4c6RalN-myABoGNrVf0Q/htmlview
I gotta have me more boats and hos

BiggyDX
10 months ago#197
SubwooferKing posted...
Here's a database on reddit i found of all the questions and answers. Might be Biggys

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k8ug7EIeOqgNYQbrs9TkNWM4c6RalN-myABoGNrVf0Q/htmlview

Yup, that's linked in the OP.

:)

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
10 months ago#198
BiggyDX posted...
SubwooferKing posted...

Whoops didn't notice that lol
I gotta have me more boats and hos

BiggyDX
10 months ago#199
SubwooferKing posted...
BiggyDX posted...
SubwooferKing posted...

Whoops didn't notice that lol

I should clarify that that spreadsheet isn't mine though.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived