A few weeks since Andromeda's release... how is everyone enjoying the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. A few weeks since Andromeda's release... how is everyone enjoying the game?

User Info: Ntk_Monaco17

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#1
Now that many players have had a few weeks to play the game, how is your experience of the game? How has it changed? Is there a difference between your initial reactions vs. current thoughts?
twitter.com/johnamonaco

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
1 year ago#2
Still enjoyable. Nearing the end of the SP. One planet left, three loyalty missions and no idea how many main quest missions but probably not allot.

Fun experience. Selling it as soon as im done and move onto something else. It's what i do.
It is what it is

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
1 year ago#3
It managed to top Dragon Age 2 as my least favorite bioware game. It disappointed on every level. The combat, writing, level design, aesthetics and character building are all flawed in ways that undercut my enjoyment and in ways that can't be fixed easily with patches. What really makes me sad is that the game has a lot of good ideas and things that sound cool conceptually, but the pieces simply don't fit together well and the result is a lot of wasted potential.

Hopefully they do better next time.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
1 year ago#4
What would you like them to do better about the combat?
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
1 year ago#5
Personally, I thought it was a decent game.

It's not perfect, but few games are. You get a lot of content to explore and the new weapon crafting system provides a lot of fun hours to experiment with different mixes between gear and class.

The story itself is great, but the dialogue amongst characters leaves much to be desired.

Multiplayer is what you expect from ME, it looks like we'll see a lot of growth in character options over time which is pretty exciting.

It's a game worth playing to obtain all achievements, max out multiplayer and then probably move on. Always fun to have around for a few matches of MP when you're bored though.

User Info: Ntk_Monaco17

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#6
Are the missions fun and memorable?
twitter.com/johnamonaco
Loving it. Taking it slow and doing everything I can get to before moving on. Just hit 20% viability on Voeld yesterday and quit right as I got to Hajara.
"By my will, from my breath, the flame you strike shall bring your death."
-- Detective Rowan Black, Black Magick #1

User Info: thepunchline

thepunchline
1 year ago#8
I really love the story. I loved the mp of 3 but something about it in this game feels off. It's not as much fun
OnymousJones:Legendary Pokemon being rare? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!
lwstupidus:It takes a genetic talent and gift to be good enough to compete at the MLG

User Info: AMidnightBaker

AMidnightBaker
1 year ago#9
Finished it just some day ago with around 97% completion and I liked it. It's not a masterpiece or amazing but it's on the good scale and I found it entertaining. It have flaws yes but a lot of people exaggerate.
Currently playing: Mass Effect Andromeda, Star Wars the Old Republic and dusting off my old Arcanum of Steamwork and Magicka Obscura.

User Info: osiris605

osiris605
1 year ago#10
It feels like a mass effect game. Pretty much because they weren't original enough to come up with a different story. I have been enjoying it a lot and I'm at the last mission. But the graphics are all over the place. Some places are breathtakingly beautiful, while others look like the original Xbox or ps1. The game play and story are enjoyable because they are the same story from the first trilogy, just with a different skin.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. A few weeks since Andromeda's release... how is everyone enjoying the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived