• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I have read a number of reviews... but this one is the best, IMO

User Info: Ntk_Monaco17

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#1
I have seen the reviews for this game.. GameSpot gave it a 6/10? The reviews are typically saying the same things despite varying scores.

I found this review to be the best one- not because I agree with him (I haven't even pre-ordered the game), but because he seems to be the most objective, fair, and open reviewer to what Bioware is trying to do.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/early-review-mass-effect-andromeda-is-dragon-age-inquisition-in-space/

Any thoughts? As someone who loves Bioware RPGs, I appreciated the comparative references to Inquisition, although I can see that a reader of this review who has not played DA:I is left in the dark.
twitter.com/johnamonaco

User Info: cabcalloway1983

cabcalloway1983
1 year ago#2
Could have sworn i seen the same post with the same link...
Gamefaqs,you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#3
cabcalloway1983 posted...

Where?
twitter.com/johnamonaco

User Info: SpaceCoyote

SpaceCoyote
1 year ago#4
cabcalloway1983 posted...

Yeah I actually thought this was the same thread until you posted this. Weird

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#5
Where is said thread? That's pretty funny lol
twitter.com/johnamonaco

User Info: disintegration7

disintegration7
1 year ago#6
I just posted that link on another site (great minds think alike lol).

I'm only about 12 hours in, but I think that review is one of the most accurate that I've seen. It's honest about the games flaws, but doesn't verge into hyperbole (ZOMG the faces- preorder cancelled!!)
XBL: Disintegration7
3DS: 0748-3217-6628

Ntk_Monaco17
1 year ago#7
^ exactly dude
twitter.com/johnamonaco

User Info: BIV

BIV
1 year ago#8
That was a damn fine review. Very balanced, as you said.

"What I can say, though, is that this is a good game. This is a BioWare space RPG. This is a Mass Effect game, in character and execution as well as in name. If you’re a Mass Effect fan—the kind who created a custom Shepard and imported a single save game all the way through the original trilogy and has fierce feelings about the proper romance choices for Shepard—then you’ll want to buy Andromeda, because even though it won’t give you any more Shepard, it will give you more Mass Effect (and there are some hints and voice logs from familiar original trilogy faces to be found—if you look for them)."
I own both consoles. I don't care about your console wars idiocy.

User Info: Thearkebelle

Thearkebelle
1 year ago#9
The GameSpot reviewer has a stick up his ass and is pandering to an audience like a populist. But the silent majority likes the game...
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I have read a number of reviews... but this one is the best, IMO
  • Topic Archived