• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Best catalyst for sorceries and miracles?

User Info: TheFallenPriest

TheFallenPriest
5 years ago#1
I've been looking at the wiki to see which ones are the best, but I don't understand how the spell buffs, and stat scaling interact. My character would probably end up having 50 fth and int.

The best ones for dark magic are obvious, since they have scaling for both. And pyromancy only has one option
Play Gamefaqs Bingo with me. Any time you get 5 in a row in a single topic shout BINGO! in it.
https://imgur.com/2hQcuzb

User Info: acangial

acangial
5 years ago#2
How far into the game are you? I usually play magic toons in DS games, but they seem to be s*** tier this go around. Just curious as you are one of the few people who seem to be playing an INT toon. Out of all the 100s of people I have seen on line this week I saw only 1 mage.
ASUS_Z97-A; i7_4790K; G.SKILL_RJs_16GB; ASUS_STRIX GTX970; BenQ_27-1440p; Corsair_750M_PSU; Fractal_Design_R4; 2 x 256GB_SSD; 500GB_SSD

TheFallenPriest
5 years ago#3
acangial posted...
How far into the game are you? I usually play magic toons in DS games, but they seem to be s*** tier this go around. Just curious as you are one of the few people who seem to be playing an INT toon. Out of all the 100s of people I have seen on line this week I saw only 1 mage.

I just got out of ilythil jail and reached the capital. I'm a Jajack of all trades mage. I use sorcery, miracles, and pyromancy. I have yet to find any lightning miracles, and the sorceries were best for a while, but then pyromancy suddenly fit a lot more powerful. Pyromancy seems to be the most powerful so far. I can't help but hope that it's partially due to my catalyst though, because soul spear is doing almost 200 less than dark fire orb.
Play Gamefaqs Bingo with me. Any time you get 5 in a row in a single topic shout BINGO! in it.

User Info: Gogandantess100

Gogandantess100
5 years ago#4
I use a Logan's catalyst with 50 int. It's not called Logan's catalyst in this game but it looks the same and has s scaling. My crystal soul spear does between 750-900 damage depending on distance rings equipped and enemy resistances. I also don't have the best rings yet so I can't wait to see how much it does when I do get them.
P2K
3DS FC: 0963-1194-8693 Ign: P2K

TheFallenPriest
5 years ago#5
Gogandantess100 posted...
I use a Logan's catalyst with 50 int. It's not called Logan's catalyst in this game but it looks the same and has s scaling. My crystal soul spear does between 750-900 damage depending on distance rings equipped and enemy resistances. I also don't have the best rings yet so I can't wait to see how much it does when I do get them.

Is it actually the best one, or best you've found so far?

User Info: Gogandantess100

Gogandantess100
5 years ago#6
TheFallenPriest posted...

Is it actually the best one, or best you've found so far?

its the best one.
P2K
3DS FC: 0963-1194-8693 Ign: P2K

User Info: acangial

acangial
5 years ago#7

If you have 50 Int you should easily be able to acquire the ring you need in Blighttown 2.
ASUS_Z97-A; i7_4790K; G.SKILL_RJs_16GB; ASUS_STRIX GTX970; BenQ_27-1440p; Corsair_750M_PSU; Fractal_Design_R4; 2 x 256GB_SSD; 500GB_SSD

TheFallenPriest
5 years ago#8
The staff I'm seeing that's closest in appearance to Logan's staff is the court sorcerers staff. Is that the one you are referring to?

User Info: 0cu_87

0cu_87
5 years ago#9
Is there a staff or charm that casts both spells and miracles?
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2

User Info: Dead-Dragon

Dead-Dragon
5 years ago#10
0cu_87 posted...
Is there a staff or charm that casts both spells and miracles?

There's a few weapons that can cast sorceries only, and a talisman which can cast pyro and miracles, but that's it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Best catalyst for sorceries and miracles?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A