• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Thought I had the hang of things until...(spoilers)

User Info: MoeJade

MoeJade
4 days ago#1
Thought I had the hang of things until...
The abyss watchers. New to dark souls, so I pat myself on the back for getting this far, but man they kick my ass. Hard to stay away letting the other watchers fight each other, as they can close distance so fast, i don't have time to estus for heal if i do get combo'ed so i'm considering 2-handing,and try not having to heal in first place. BTW, using a knight, got stamina shield and have stamina ring, plenty of health and a decent amount of stamina, just hard to get timing down as they are so fast. Don't have a psn plus account, so playing offline...might have to get it, so i can summon someone to take attention off me so i can backstab. Any advice?
"America is mankind so in love with greed it has forgotten itself and found only appetites"

User Info: Lord_Zenki

Lord_Zenki
4 days ago#2
If you ember yourself, you can summon an NPC to help with the fight. They also stagger pretty easily, so I feel like being aggressive is more effective for the first phase, and then you can play more defensively once you're 1 on 1.
FC: 0748-7304-9172
Pokemon Ultra Moon IGN: Zenki

User Info: jediblaster

jediblaster
4 days ago#3
You need to use the ice arrows.
Why's the rum gone?

MoeJade
4 days ago#4
I can get him down to half of his health in second phase, but while exploring, found entrance to cathedral, so I can maybe come back later and take him on.
"America is mankind so in love with greed it has forgotten itself and found only appetites"

User Info: jediblaster

jediblaster
4 days ago#5
This fight is a gimmick. The trick is using one ice arrow on the main one. Insta win.
Why's the rum gone?
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
3 days ago#6
U better gid gud. Nameless king is coming ... ;)
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...
MoeJade posted...
I can get him down to half of his health in second phase, but while exploring, found entrance to cathedral, so I can maybe come back later and take him on.
Yeah, the cathedral will be far easier than abyss watchers initially.

Abyss watchers second phase can be cheesed to high hell with backstabs. You’ll have to pay attention to when you can roll behind him.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
Nameless King is unreal. I like to think I'm good at the pve. I got real good at dodging and not really using Shields in bloodborne, so I tend to just use quick weapons and stay on the move, and he whooped on me for a good couple hours straight until I finally got through him.
We live in a world of give and take and not enough men are willing to give what it takes.
(edited 3 days ago)
You got an Irithyll Straight Sword on your way to the Road of Sacrifices. Upgrade that as much as you can right now and use that. They are extremely weak to frost, and two frostbite attacks will get you through Phase 1. That's two bursts of R1 and a few hits/a backstab. You'll be fine.
The sun is coming up, over the hill
Or maybe it's not I can't even tell...

MoeJade
3 days ago#10
Got him! Did'nt need an ember, just leveled up str. and put on gear that was good against fire. Also kept weight down so i could roll a bit better.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Thought I had the hang of things until...(spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A