• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Dark Souls 3 - Best Game Ever?

User Info: Keith_Valentine

Keith_Valentine
4 weeks ago#41
Connor4576 posted...
I liked FF8, the gameplay and story was amazing - the Gunsword was a great idea. Squall let the whole game down though, the dude had literally no personality. Especially when compared to Zidane from FF9. Zidane was probably one of my favourite FF protagonists, even if he was a little pervert 😂

Gunblade goddamit. And i liked Squall. He told Quistis.. If you wana talk to someone, go talk to a wall! Hahaha rekt her ass. The cards game was pretty cool too, p sure i got them all. I used to go to the mall and steal Pokemon cards even though I never actually played the game. I just liked having all the cards like Charmander and s***.

Im going to the bar to watch ufc 241 tonight. Anyobe else super excited for that s***?! Nate Diaz is back baby, he lit up a cbd joint at the weigh-ins. s*** was classic. Cant wait to see DC vs Style 2! Im hyped im gonna sneak in a bottle of whiskey.

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
4 weeks ago#42
ImmortalDragonX posted...
penaferus posted...
Suikoden II is better than all Final Fantasy games. Heck, it's the only game in the genre that's better than Chrono Trigger.

I only played Suikoden 1 and 3. I enjoyed 1, but I had to almost force myself to finish 3. Neither of them really topped any FF game for me and certain came nowhere near close to topping Chrono Trigger.

II is leagues better than 1 and 3. So you should play 2 before you judge it.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!
penaferus posted...
penaferus posted...
Suikoden II is better than all Final Fantasy games. Heck, it's the only game in the genre that's better than Chrono Trigger.

I only played Suikoden 1 and 3. I enjoyed 1, but I had to almost force myself to finish 3. Neither of them really topped any FF game for me and certain came nowhere near close to topping Chrono Trigger.

I didn't judge it. I just said that neither of the one's I have played topped FF or CT, for me. I do not speak for experience I do not have. That said, while I did say that in enjoyed Suikoden 1 (and managed to stomach 3), it has a major drawback with me. The magic system. I did not care for it, like...at all.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita
(edited 4 weeks ago)

penaferus
4 weeks ago#44
penaferus posted...
penaferus posted...

I didn't judge it. I just said that neither of the one's I have played topped FF or CT, for me. I do not speak for experience I do not have. That said, while I did say that in enjoyed Suikoden 1 (and managed to stomach 3), it has a major drawback with me. The magic system. I did not care for it, like...at all.

The magic system is pretty cool in the second game. You can get some super massive spells if you have the right magics in your party. Like they boost each other up with other characters' runes. Also, the "Unite" mechanic is really sweet. Man, Suikoden II is amazing. It's also only $10 on PSN.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

Keith_Valentine
4 weeks ago#45
You make me want to play that s***. Was it originally a ps2 game? Its hard for me to play retro games that arent final fantasy tactics. I could still get down on tactics.

penaferus
4 weeks ago#46
Keith_Valentine posted...
You make me want to play that s***. Was it originally a ps2 game? Its hard for me to play retro games that arent final fantasy tactics. I could still get down on tactics.

If you're talking to me, it's a PS1 classic on PSN. It actually has a few tactics elements as well (large scale map battles with armies). So much stuff going on in Suikoden II.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
4 weeks ago#47
I didn't judge it. I just said that neither of the one's I have played topped FF or CT, for me.

Nice to see another Chrono Trigger fan. Nothing, JRPG wise, has come close to top that game for me either. Still play it regularly.

Never played Suikoden II either but I heard a lot of good things about it. Might be time I give it a whirl.

As for the topic in question, Dark Souls 3 is definitely my favorite "recent" game and I'll probably keep playing it as long as people are still on it, or until the next one comes out. If Elden Ring has an invasion system, chances are I'll flip over to that one. The PvP/Invasions is what makes these games so great, without them, they wouldn't appeal to me as much.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~
(edited 4 weeks ago)

penaferus
4 weeks ago#48
Chrono Trigger is a close second of mine.
If you want an action RPG that is very similar to Chrono Trigger in story and scope you should try Terranigma. I'm about halfway through it and heard it has one of the best game endings of all time.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

Keith_Valentine
4 weeks ago#49
-Frog- posted...
I didn't judge it. I just said that neither of the one's I have played topped FF or CT, for me.

Nice to see another Chrono Trigger fan. Nothing, JRPG wise, has come close to top that game for me either. Still play it regularly.

Never played Suikoden II either but I heard a lot of good things about it. Might be time I give it a whirl.

As for the topic in question, Dark Souls 3 is definitely my favorite "recent" game and I'll probably keep playing it as long as people are still on it, or until the next one comes out. If Elden Ring has an invasion system, chances are I'll flip over to that one. The PvP/Invasions is what makes these games so great, without them, they wouldn't appeal to me as much.

Same here, the invasion system is what sets Dark Souls apart. Thats why I cant stand whiny noobs who complain about it. If you dont want to get invaded, dont ember or play offline. Otherwise deal with it, its not that bad.

I like to park myself in the Irithyll Dungeon and kill invaders. The extra estus and hp boost is nice.

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
4 weeks ago#50
Totally off topic, but have any of you guys played Pier Solar? I’ve had it on the potential list for awhile, but haven’t pulled the trigger on it. The old school style of it is intriguing though (and sometimes those single developer games are gems)
The new quote look is terrible
Upvote/Downvote
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Dark Souls 3 - Best Game Ever?
  • Post New Message