You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. couldnt go back to dark souls 1

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#21
frankspank posted...
Broken_Fox posted...
People that say DS1 is better than DS3 are insane

Trying to force your opinion on others is the sign of a true liberal.

And you sound like a leftist. Zero tolerance for anyone with a different opinion.
May the lord of light be with us, for the screen is dark and the script is full of errors.

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#22
SuperMessy posted...
Haven't played DS1 recently but I remember taking a while to adjust to it after Demons Souls. Hopefully playing the remaster isn't a pain to play through after BB and DS3.

I always felt DeS had the better gameplay "feel" to it. Much smoother and more responsive.
May the lord of light be with us, for the screen is dark and the script is full of errors.

User Info: SuperMessy

SuperMessy
1 month ago#23
TorvaMessorem posted...
SuperMessy posted...
Haven't played DS1 recently but I remember taking a while to adjust to it after Demons Souls. Hopefully playing the remaster isn't a pain to play through after BB and DS3.

I always felt DeS had the better gameplay "feel" to it. Much smoother and more responsive.

It still does does, I remember replaying it after finishing Bloodborne to get the platinum trophy and it still plays as good as I remember.

User Info: Colossus-X

Colossus-X
1 month ago#24
I absolutely love every Soulsborne game. I still play them all but for me each new release was better than the last. With the exception of Bloodborne I put behind Dark Souls 2 and 3 strictly because I prefer the Dark Souls setting.

3, 2, BB, 1, Demons

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
1 month ago#25
ShadowGirlxox posted...
Not surprising since the game is garbage and always has been.
No victim no crime.
It was my first and the first is always special. It took me hours to.get out of the burg my first blind play through . when I.discovered summoning by gargoyles, I was in awe.

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
1 day ago#27
Dark Souls 1 is best when you've let the series rest for a while. It's hard to return to it after the more recent entries because it's clunkier. But taken as a stand alone game it's really amazing. The atmosphere is unmatched by any other Souls game. It just has to be played for the experience of playing more than the gameplay itself.

Dark Souls 3 is my favorite though. Followed closely by Bloodborne. With Sekiro somewhere near the bottom of the list.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: MrFaceDude

MrFaceDude
7 hours ago#28
It definitely shows its age. Still my favorite of the Souls series, and probably my second favorite From game behind Bloodborne. No doubt I have a soft spot for it, being my first entry into the series, but despite the improvements made by later entries DS1 has something intangible that draws me back to it more than the other entries in the series (assuming we aren’t including BB). Could very well be rose colored glasses, but they've held up for me on repeated playthroughs.
Psn- tjmincemeat
Fugs still best UGS
(edited 7 hours ago)

User Info: Moeperry

Moeperry
5 hours ago#29
MrFaceDude posted...
It definitely shows its age. Still my favorite of the Souls series, and probably my second favorite From game behind Bloodborne. No doubt I have a soft spot for it, being my first entry into the series, but despite the improvements made by later entries DS1 has something intangible that draws me back to it more than the other entries in the series (assuming we aren’t including BB). Could very well be rose colored glasses, but they've held up for me on repeated playthroughs.

There's no fugs doe...
Barakabama 2020

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
5 hours ago#30
I find souls 1 harder to go back to compared to the other soulsborne game not because of the speed, but because of the controls being rougher and mechanics in general being less intuitive.

I consider it my least favorite soulsborne game, but still leagues better than sekiro.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. couldnt go back to dark souls 1