You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Midir is not a fun fight but a boring slog does anyone really enjoys this fight?

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
1 month ago#1
He is quite possibly the most tedious and boring boss in the game. Once you figure out his pattern the fight turns basically into a battle of attrition with you trying not to fall asleep. He is incredibly formulaic and never really mixes up his movements or does anything unexpected. Not even his second phase add anything to switch things up and make things interesting. Him constantly moving across the stage with you having to run to him over and over also gets tiresome.

It is basically, stay in from of him, dodge, attack his head, dodge for what seems like an eternity given his absurdly massive health pool.

Such a boring boss. Does anyone really enjoys this fight?

User Info: Jacabben

Jacabben
1 month ago#2
I enjoy it quite a bit
Xbox One/PSN: Murmaider358

UnLoco
1 month ago#3
Jacabben posted...
I enjoy it quite a bit

Anything in particular you find enjoyable about it?

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#4
I'm one of the people that still do not find him an easy fight. So, no...I do not. He's pretty much the only fight I actively avoid if I do not need anything from him.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

UnLoco
1 month ago#5
ImmortalDragonX posted...
I'm one of the people that still do not find him an easy fight. So, no...I do not. He's pretty much the only fight I actively avoid if I do not need anything from him.

He is very simple. Just stay in front of him at close range, he will then only resort to melee attacks for the most part. Dodge them and hit his heat. Rinse and repeat until he is dead.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#6
UnLoco posted...
ImmortalDragonX posted...

He is very simple. Just stay in front of him at close range, he will then only resort to melee attacks for the most part. Dodge them and hit his heat. Rinse and repeat until he is dead.

For you and others, maybe. Not me, though. I stand in front of him, I die. Simple as that.

Maybe one day I'll go at him not with the intent to kill him but to simply learn him. Admittedl, this is something I've not ever done as I've always entered with the intent to kill him, and I have, just not without trouble. And no, I killed him solo. I refuse to co-op him.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
1 month ago#7
Yes. I like midir.

He is easy, and it does take a bit, but I like having this huge arena to run around in

It has an intense feel to the battle visually and thematically.

I like to use a bow too, when he’s too far away or in the middle of an unapproachable move, to speed things up and add a little challenge

The fight doesn’t take nearly as long as Gael or friede. Gael phase one and friede 1&2, bow that’s boring after the 50th time
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#8
I hated it at first, but the more I do it, the more I enjoy it.

It wasn't even a "git gud" thing, as I've never struggled with him, I just simply didn't like the concept of him taking half damage everywhere but his head.

Eventually, I just stopped caring or whatever, and ended up enjoying it. It's not like you should be hitting him anywhere else to begin with.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Nadal_Fan13

Nadal_Fan13
1 month ago#9
UnLoco posted...
He is quite possibly the most tedious and boring boss in the game. Once you figure out his pattern the fight turns basically into a battle of attrition with you trying not to fall asleep. He is incredibly formulaic and never really mixes up his movements or does anything unexpected. Not even his second phase add anything to switch things up and make things interesting. Him constantly moving across the stage with you having to run to him over and over also gets tiresome.

It is basically, stay in from of him, dodge, attack his head, dodge for what seems like an eternity given his absurdly massive health pool.

Such a boring boss. Does anyone really enjoys this fight?

I enjoy it for the reasons you mentioned. It's satisfying to figure out the patterns and then have the patience to take him down. Pretending it was real (lol), it would take a lot of patience and strategy to take down a massive dragon
"It's a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same."

User Info: Jacabben

Jacabben
1 month ago#10
UnLoco posted...
Jacabben posted...
I enjoy it quite a bit

Anything in particular you find enjoyable about it?

I got the same feeling of accomplishment from Midir as I did the Fume Knight. There isnt really a way to cheese it and 1 mistake means your in a lot of trouble. When I did finally win it was exciting because I could read everything he did (later still got me a fair amount though) and felt like a boss weaving in and out of his attacks
Xbox One/PSN: Murmaider358
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Midir is not a fun fight but a boring slog does anyone really enjoys this fight?