• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. For weapon upgrade path, fusion vs other upgrades, base damage or rank priority?

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
2 months ago#11
completeboy posted...
Adam_Ocelot posted...
completeboy posted...
so what if you did +5 normal upgrade and then went to fusion path?

weapon gets added bonus of previous upgrade? and for multiplayer does the total weapon level count as +5 to whatever new path is?

It’s much more streamlined than Dark 1, you can infuse any (infusable) Weapon at any level, with any infusion type you have available. (And Andre will need the appropriate ‘key’ item to unlock the ability)

Gone are the upgrade trees, no more ‘only +10 normal weapons can be made blessed’... want to make your dagger refined, all you need is a dagger (at any level) and the infusion gem.

Also, if a weapon is at +6 when you infuse it, it will still be a +6 Weapon, just with the new scaling/damage.

i see, thanks for the info

it is really unnecessarily complicated, if they had traditional weapon upgrades it would have been better

Complicated? How so? (No, I'm not being snarky, here)

As I see it, it's generally straight forward and simple.

Have gems:

Go to Andre
Select weapon
Select gem that will net you the best results (generally based on your stats)
Infuse
Done

The only complicated (and I use that loosely) part is the need to pay attention to weapon scaling changes to make sure you're getting the biggest bang for your buck.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: completeboy

completeboy
2 months ago#12
ImmortalDragonX posted...
completeboy posted...
Adam_Ocelot posted...
completeboy posted...
so what if you did +5 normal upgrade and then went to fusion path?

weapon gets added bonus of previous upgrade? and for multiplayer does the total weapon level count as +5 to whatever new path is?

It’s much more streamlined than Dark 1, you can infuse any (infusable) Weapon at any level, with any infusion type you have available. (And Andre will need the appropriate ‘key’ item to unlock the ability)

Gone are the upgrade trees, no more ‘only +10 normal weapons can be made blessed’... want to make your dagger refined, all you need is a dagger (at any level) and the infusion gem.

Also, if a weapon is at +6 when you infuse it, it will still be a +6 Weapon, just with the new scaling/damage.

i see, thanks for the info

it is really unnecessarily complicated, if they had traditional weapon upgrades it would have been better

Complicated? How so? (No, I'm not being snarky, here)

As I see it, it's generally straight forward and simple.

Have gems:

Go to Andre
Select weapon
Select gem that will net you the best results (generally based on your stats)
Infuse
Done

The only complicated (and I use that loosely) part is the need to pay attention to weapon scaling changes to make sure you're getting the biggest bang for your buck.

yes scaling and elemental affect as well as bleeding and other effect selection can be tricky for novice players

ofcourse it is not as complicated as vagrant story

talking about vagrant story, i wonder how ashley would play in dark souls, he would probably finish them all alone
Video games are a part of my life.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. For weapon upgrade path, fusion vs other upgrades, base damage or rank priority?
  • Topic Archived