You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Too hard, this is the hardest dark souls game i have played

User Info: completeboy

completeboy
1 month ago#1
Using my rapier shield combo, knight class near level 40 and still struggling a lot against most enemies

i used to think the same about dark souls 2 in the tower area but later i killed every enemy in that level with ease, include fighting 3 enemies at once

maybe if i spend near 500 hours that i spent in that one, i will get good and better at this

ofcourse i am still early in the game so the surprise element and lack of practice might also be the reason but this is really hard experience so far

and multiplayer seems too inactive for my taste, not getting summoned and getting no help either

almost 25 hours in, chapel area is brutal
Video games are a part of my life.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
1 month ago#2
One of the problems with online play in this game is that there is weapon level matching too.

If you have a +1 weapon you can’t summon someone with a +3 weapon. That kind of thing.

So if you’re level 10-20 +1 is good

20-30 +2
30-40 +3

And so on
Don't go and die over nothing

MagickArrow
1 month ago#3
What level are you? How upgraded is you’re weapon?

MagickArrow
1 month ago#4
I’m not online very often, but I’d love to co op with you when I am.

What’s your psn name? I’ll send you a friend request

completeboy
1 month ago#5
MagickArrow posted...
I’m not online very often, but I’d love to co op with you when I am.

What’s your psn name? I’ll send you a friend request

MagickArrow posted...
One of the problems with online play in this game is that there is weapon level matching too.

If you have a +1 weapon you can’t summon someone with a +3 weapon. That kind of thing.

So if you’re level 10-20 +1 is good

20-30 +2
30-40 +3

And so on

sadly i cannot reveal my psn because of too many jealous people here, i am both famous and infamous on this website and secondly my psn is based on my professional name, i am a webmaster

anyways, that is so stupid and i haven't upgraded or infused any weapon yet

also always out of ember

those might be too issues contributing to game feeling hard

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#6
Level vigor first. Don’t level anything else until that’s at 27. If you’re using a rapier then level dexterity and infuse it with sharp in order to get acceptable damage. And focus on rolling more than blocking. It costs almost nothing to roll in this game so it’s much more stamina efficient.

MagickArrow
1 month ago#7
Wow, that sounds pretty wild man.

Well, if you’re on the cathedral of deep in the cleansing chapel you should get that weapon up to +3 and level up to 30. You should find signs at that level.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
1 month ago#8
Rapier is not a very good weapon in my opinion, straight swords and greatswords are easier. You should be upgrading weapons otherwise the game will be much harder.

I can help with chapel if you need some help.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

MagickArrow
1 month ago#9
I agree with shadow, the rapier is tough in this game. Trade it for a longsword or claymore or something and get it up to +3. Maybe go back and look for titanite shards you missed.

Also as far as embers go, you can farm them from the knights in the high wall of lothric. If you’re lucky you’ll get one of their swords too which is a wonderful straight sword with good range and extra critical damage

Using spears or rapiers from behind a shield doesn’t work well in ds3, so if that’s your strategy then that would explain the difficulty

completeboy
1 month ago#10
INCompl posted...
Level vigor first. Don’t level anything else until that’s at 27. If you’re using a rapier then level dexterity and infuse it with sharp in order to get acceptable damage. And focus on rolling more than blocking. It costs almost nothing to roll in this game so it’s much more stamina efficient.

i see, i was thinking of upgrading it in refined path
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Too hard, this is the hardest dark souls game i have played