• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Weapon match ups

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
2 months ago#11
Hyperarmor weapons require literally zero skill if you stack poise. Try using them without poise and you will see the difference.

Spear can easily keep shield/SS user outside their range. You don't just walk up to the shield and roll away like a moron.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: HeyItsTig

HeyItsTig
2 months ago#12
ShadowGirlxox posted...
Hyperarmor weapons require literally zero skill if you stack poise. Try using them without poise and you will see the difference.

Spear can easily keep shield/SS user outside their range. You don't just walk up to the shield and roll away like a moron.

It just sounds like you don't have much experience fighting tryhards...

But I'm not one for just talk. If you want we could arrange for duels.
"Just a bunch of #@$%ty parry kings" - Prime

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
2 months ago#13
Oh boy... XD
LOLI IS HOLY!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair; LolinaInverse/Lina

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
2 months ago#14
I think that poise owns the middle tier skill pvp for sure. That’s where I’m stuck, poise is a tool I use and I’ll still loose to people who use poise.

However people who are truly good don’t need poise and punish me for trying to find trades.

When poise was first patched it seemed way op... but it’s actually very middle tier and will never be the best way to win
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
2 months ago#15
When in doubt, whip out a straight sword. It fares well against every single weapon type in the game. Fast moveset, decent range, and a good moveset with a useable weapon art that can give you poise makes it the best weapon class in the game by far. Slap on a small shield or the BKS/LKS and you’re set.

Generally weapon classes don’t hard counter other weapons though. There are exceptions, like the previously mentioned physical spears being walled by medium shields since they have no way of effectively draining the opponent’s stamina. Quickstep weapons also hard counter ultra weapons. They just outright can’t attack since it’s pitifully easy to quickstep into a backstab against ultras. Likewise, perseverance weapons fare alright against predictable quicksteppers who dodge one attack and immediately R1 since they assume they’ll be able to stagger you. Just a couple examples of what I’d consider to be hard counters to weapons. Keep in mind, I just invade so I’m not fighting against top level duellists or anything. I fight against co-opers and gank squads and this is generally what I’ve found to be useful against specific weapon types.

User Info: MrFaceDude

MrFaceDude
2 months ago#16
Ugs. Always Ugs
Psn- tjmincemeat
Fugs still best UGS
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Weapon match ups
  • Topic Archived