• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. If Friede had been in Dark Souls 2 everyone would say it's a bad boss fight

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
1 month ago#21
Also, it's weird to claim that there's hypocrisy going on. That would imply people praise Dark Souls 1 for repeating the Asylum Demon fight, which... I've never seen anyone do. At most I've seen people say the Stray Demon fight isn't a problem since the second Asylum visit is basically just reuse of assets to create extra content and removing it doesn't mean we'd get another boss in its place. Never seen anyone defend Demon Firesage. HE DOESN'T EVEN DO FIRE DAMAGE!

Capra Demon and Taurus Demon reuse as regular enemies is also a fine thing because it makes sense in context that demons are what you find in the Demon Ruins and it creates a feeling of empowerment to be able to squish those bosses from long ago as regular enemy encounters. Also asset reuse is not inherently bad if you can justify it properly like Dark Souls 1 does in this way and if you don't go overboard with it like Dark 2 does. Not particularly asset reuse, (though there's definitely some of that), but more so the concept of repeating supposedly unique enemies.

It's much easier to just claim that everyone who doesn't share your opinion are a hypocritical hivemind rather than engaging them on why they don't share said opinion, though. Totally agree.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#22
Not sure 20 taurus demons copy pasted around counts as smart reuse... it can be done, but that was just silly.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
1 month ago#23
I actually like the idea of some repeat bosses. I actually liked the chalice dungeons for this reason. Sometimes I just don’t like going to another ng cycle to fight my favorite bosses.

I’m always saddened when I defeat the demon prince cause I have to wait so long to fight him again.

Love that boss

I would have loved to see Capra, Taurus and sage demons in the demon ruins as bosses and enemies. Just more demons all around. I’ve talked about this before in other threads, I would have loved a chalice dungeon style demon ruins with different spells, rings, upgrade materials and equipment as prizes for both bosses and chests.

Demon firesage could drop chaos gems, Taurus heavy gems, Capra sharp gems, etc...
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
1 month ago#24
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Not sure 20 taurus demons copy pasted around counts as smart reuse... it can be done, but that was just silly.

You're right. I was thinking of the ones around the Demon Firesage boss-room, which were great. The ones just standing in the middle of the path for no reason were pretty dumb.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#25
DeadBankerDream posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...

You're right. I was thinking of the ones around the Demon Firesage boss-room, which were great. The ones just standing in the middle of the path for no reason were pretty dumb.

Yeah, those 2 demons were fine. The issue isn’t even the number, not directly. The fact that it was several copy pasted like they were was the issue.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. If Friede had been in Dark Souls 2 everyone would say it's a bad boss fight
  • Topic Archived