You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why do so many people consider Bloodborne better than Dark Souls 3?

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#21
UnLoco posted...
Limelol posted...
Because most people play games solo and offline.

The online aspects of DkS3 are far superior than that gutted atrocity that is BB's online.

But the PvE portion of DkS3 is also superior to BB's

That’s just like, your opinion... man
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
4 weeks ago#22
MagickArrow posted...

Why do people say this thinking they are saying some profound thing or something?

Everyone and their mother knows that whatever is posted here is one's opinion. Pointing that out doesn't makes you smart.

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#23
UnLoco posted...
MagickArrow posted...

Why do people say this thinking they are saying some profound thing or something?

Everyone and their mother knows that whatever is posted here is one's opinion. Pointing that out doesn't makes you smart.

It’s a big labowski quote...

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#24
Anyway, I completely disagree about ds3pve vs bb. Bloodborne is way more dynamic and variable. Sure there aren’t as many weapons, but the dark souls weapon movements are boring in comparison. Bosses enemies, all boring in comparison.... but I already said all this in my earlier post. And that’s just like, my opinion

Man

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
4 weeks ago#25
MagickArrow posted...
Anyway, I completely disagree about ds3pve vs bb. Bloodborne is way more dynamic and variable. Sure there aren’t as many weapons, but the dark souls weapon movements are boring in comparison. Bosses enemies, all boring in comparison.... but I already said all this in my earlier post. And that’s just like, my opinion

Man

How are the bosses better in Bloodborne? One Reborn, Micolash, Rom the Spider, the Witch, Blood Starved Beast, Living Failures, Celestial Emissary are all very underwhelming. Not counting the DLC, Dark Souls 3 has far better bosses overall.

Even if you count the DLCs Dark Souls 3 has Friede, Gael and Midir all of which match up quite well to Ludwig, Kos and Maria.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
4 weeks ago#26
Because it is a much better game overall.

Dark Souls 3 is too similar to Dark Souls 1 while also removing all the improvements made in Dark Souls 2. None of the characters or bosses or even the levels in Dks3 are particularly memorable aside from Archdragon Peak. Pvp is simply terrible, only slightly beating the unplayable pvp from Dks1. This is something that was nearly perfected in Dks2 so taking a giant leap backwards is simply inexcusable.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove

User Info: quickbeam

quickbeam
4 weeks ago#27
UnLoco posted...
MagickArrow posted...

Man

How are the bosses better in Bloodborne? One Reborn, Micolash, Rom the Spider, the Witch, Blood Starved Beast, Living Failures, Celestial Emissary are all very underwhelming. Not counting the DLC, Dark Souls 3 has far better bosses overall.

Even if you count the DLCs Dark Souls 3 has Friede, Gael and Midir all of which match up quite well to Ludwig, Kos and Maria.

Blood starved beast underwhelming? That fight is intense as f***. Rom is amazing, the atmosphere, how you get to her, the music, the spider creep factor. One reborn is a great boss as well, that cutscene at the beginning is pretty cool. I don't think bloodborne is lacking in the cool bosses department at all, sounds like those fights just weren't to your taste but you could easily make the same argument about some of Dks3's bulls*** boss fights that were either underwhelming or just cheap.

The dks3 DLC bosses are certainly very cool, but imo they don't stack up bloodborne's DLC bosses at all, those are some of the best fights of all time.
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#28
UnLoco posted...
MagickArrow posted...

Man

I’ll see your One reborn, micolash, rom and celestial emissary and raise you a vordt, ancient wyvern, halflight, yhorm and wolnir.

As for bloodstarved beast, he’s really only underwhelming when you take the area late or spend a lot of time leveling. Try beating father G and rushing to bsb... he’s pretty tough.

Over all, just like my first post, I like bb bosses better because they react and respond to taking damage. I like that you can break limbs and cause more damage to that part. So I can strategize about which limb/part to focus on and get returns for that. Also the bloodborne bosses, on average, are much more aggressive and intense. Sure there’s the ones you mentioned before, but the majority of bosses make up for those by far imo.

Dark souls bosses are boring, save for a few. They’re basically just models moving around doing attacks. They rarely react, you just dodge and attack... nothing really changes until..... PHASE ll!!!!! Then it’s the same again.

Don’t get me wrong, I love all the dark souls games.... a lot. I far prefer the medieval characters. It’s just not as good imo, it’s the online play and extra stats that keeps me playing dark souls more.

Disclaimer: I acknowledge that their are exceptions to some of my umbrella statements.

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#29
ShadowGirlxox posted...
Because it is a much better game overall.

Dark Souls 3 is too similar to Dark Souls 1 while also removing all the improvements made in Dark Souls 2. None of the characters or bosses or even the levels in Dks3 are particularly memorable aside from Archdragon Peak. Pvp is simply terrible, only slightly beating the unplayable pvp from Dks1. This is something that was nearly perfected in Dks2 so taking a giant leap backwards is simply inexcusable.

I agree, and have before, with you on the ds2 pvp.....

If only.....

Soul level matching......

User Info: oneandtwobye

oneandtwobye
4 weeks ago#30
about PVE, DS3 felt good enough but Bloodborne... you could talk about maria, kos, gasdad, ebrietas, gherdad and others as amazing. now, nameless king, gael, friede, midir, even lorian were great, and imma let you finish, but BB had the singlebest boss of all time. ALL TIME.

I found a code that had him as boss in first layer and rushed the lever fast. fought him more than 50 times and still feel like doing it every now and then. I love Abhorrent Beast.

PVP ds3 is better because of better system and netcode, but only that. BB combat is just perfect
Why didn't Yharnam leave the Chalice dungeon? She was feeling Ihyll! XD
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why do so many people consider Bloodborne better than Dark Souls 3?