• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Recommend me Dex weapons for a 60/+6

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#21
Cool! I saved you from a few rollcatch hells during that invaders, and that’s what I’m currently thinking about for practice.

The psn I met you with was “Button_Masher_W,” and will probably be the one I’d want to use. It’s got a pkcs and no int to wield it, and it’s not upgraded. The reason I’m going to try this dumpster fire of a weapon is because it’s going to be the best way to drive home how you can’t panic roll. As an invader, or general PvPer. I could also show you how even an ultra can roll catch too...

We can also have straight up pvp, because there’s more to the game than rollcatching, I’m not good at roll catching with all weapons, but those that don’t have good roll catching abilities tend to have great spacing options.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Biscotti

Biscotti
1 month ago#22
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Cool! I saved you from a few rollcatch hells during that invaders, and that’s what I’m currently thinking about for practice.

The psn I met you with was “Button_Masher_W,” and will probably be the one I’d want to use. It’s got a pkcs and no int to wield it, and it’s not upgraded. The reason I’m going to try this dumpster fire of a weapon is because it’s going to be the best way to drive home how you can’t panic roll. As an invader, or general PvPer. I could also show you how even an ultra can roll catch too...

We can also have straight up pvp, because there’s more to the game than rollcatching, I’m not good at roll catching with all weapons, but those that don’t have good roll catching abilities tend to have great spacing options.

Oh wait! We met each other? I have Character names on for ID, because some are very funny.

I've also got messages disconnected for now, since that scare about PSNs getting bricked by phishing mssgs from cam girls etc.

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#23
My impression was that the psn thing was fixed, but if it hasn’t, it’s overblown. My character was Bella Morte, I think.

I’ve seen some of your vids and your psn as a result. I don’t think I recorded it, but yeah. I was interrupting a red phantom’s roll catches to give you breathing room, and was an aldrich. I killed a blue, but while I was fighting it, the red got you. I half-figured the red would go all out and try to kill me, but I was destroying him each time he approached me, and I stayed passive until he started roll catch hell. I also waved a lot...

If it’s two invaders vs one host, I pay attention. If the host is struggling against one invader, I won’t gank the host, it’s just boring to me. If he’s doing well, I’ll consider it. If he does something that would drive me up a wall in 1v1, he’s getting ganked.

I wanted to 1v1 you, to test a little, and to have some fun. I would have probably let you heal a bit, but also not... to try and show how thoughtful you need to be to get a heal off. It’s probably annoying to people who don’t understand these things, because I draw out 1v1s quite a bit, but I do like to drive home these dangerous concepts. Some learn a little. Some run out of estus. None quite got to healing safely.

You didn’t play timidly, that’s a huge thing as far as me enjoying a fight. Fighting someone who’s scared of attacking isn’t really engaging. That said, you also find yourself getting punished for mistakes more frequently that way. But that can also accelerate learning.

Oh yeah, and I’ll make you hate crossbows too...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.

Biscotti
1 month ago#24
Well s***, now I wish I'd had PSN IDs on. I'll redo my settings in terms of messages at least.

If an Invader is being cool 1v1 I don't usually heal after the initial engagement, just seems fair unless they heal first, or I get blind-sided by another player.

And because I'm not ganking per se, just trying to run bonfire to boss fog and enjoy the fighting, the different interactions make it fun.

Thanks for saying I wasn't timid, I mean I'm trying to learn things/weapons/tactics so turtling won't do me much good ;0).

And thanks for watching my vids (I'm assuming Bloodborne). Unfortunately I can't access that account anymore, got very unwell in 2017/18 and forgot all my passwords. And my passwords to the email accounts that can get new passwords.

Bummer, I had about 200 vids up. Haven't made a new YouTube account yet.

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#25
As an invader, I prefer a host to heal, even if they’re better than me. If I wanted no-heal duels, I’d lay signs or go to the arena for equal hp. I’ll take the disadvantage of lower hp and fewer estus for a prolonged experience, especially since I can also smash through someone’s estus if they don’t adapt ;-)

Sorry to hear about the password and health problems. Sounds like you got through the health problems, whatever level of severity they were. That’s worth losing some non-critical passwords imho.

Biscotti
1 month ago#26
Sorry to hear about the password and health problems. Sounds like you got through the health problems, whatever level of severity they were. That’s worth losing some non-critical passwords imho.

Thank you. I'm getting there. Immuno-disorders suck ass.

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#27
Biscotti posted...

Yes, they do. I can’t speak from experience, but they sound scary as f***. I’m sure there’s decent ways to manage them once you have the right meds, depending on the disorder, but that’s still a permanent lifestyle change, among other things.

Anyway, I can be on usually around 6 hours from now. Not usually on Mondays, but my after-work event is canceled today.

Biscotti
1 month ago#28
Biscotti posted...

Yes, they do. I can’t speak from experience, but they sound scary as f***. I’m sure there’s decent ways to manage them once you have the right meds, depending on the disorder, but that’s still a permanent lifestyle change, among other things.

Anyway, I can be on usually around 6 hours from now. Not usually on Mondays, but my after-work event is canceled today.

I'll be in bed by then, I'm in the UK. Will PM you. And thanks again.

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#29
Lol, well, we bumped into each other at 6 pm MT last time. Would also explain why I eventually stopped seeing you too. We can wait for the weekend if necessary. I know it’s kinda tough to match up weekdays between us ‘muricans and Europeans.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Recommend me Dex weapons for a 60/+6
  • Topic Archived