You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Recommend me Dex weapons for a 60/+6

User Info: Biscotti

Biscotti
1 month ago#11
Button_Masher_Z posted...
I personally really like the scythe. Massive range, middling speed/damage, shield chip.

If you can afford corvian, don’t run any other scythe, unless you REALLY want friede’s.

Friede’s is pretty bad, you can really mess up a Friede’s scythe with a buckler, because the basic attacks are horrible, and the weapon art can be parried very reliably if you understand what part of the attack can be parried. It’s niche is a massive poise weapon art, and it is actually rare that people try to parry it. I like to put the fear of god in Friede users...

I've seen enough ChasetheBro and Prod to see Friede's get parried. Thanks for the Corvian tip.

User Info: bodyjam_3

bodyjam_3
1 month ago#12
Frayed blade!!!

Sharp infused lothric knight sword, saints Biden,

User Info: ErichPryde

ErichPryde
1 month ago#13
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do a low LEVEL FB build
Hesitation is defeat
You know about the R1 WA Combo?

The R1 combos with the flailing move, I can’t remember the input right now, probably R2.

Works both 1-handed and 2-handed, though some report it’s easier 1-handed, so no left hand item or a WA shield.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

Biscotti
1 month ago#15
You know about the R1 WA Combo?

The R1 combos with the flailing move, I can’t remember the input right now, probably R2.

Works both 1-handed and 2-handed, though some report it’s easier 1-handed, so no left hand item or a WA shield.

Nope. I'm kinda nooby at the DS3 peevpee.

I do OK based on spacing and BB experience, but it's totally obvious when a good player reks me.

I just wish they'd stop throwing poo on my head..
@Biscotti

Tag

Protip: if someone doesn’t do the second R1 of a curved sword combo, don’t queue a roll.

If you’d like, we could practice it a bit.

I pissed off that red...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#17
I'm angry nobody has recommended Drakeblood Greatsword. Slap some Pale/Gold Resin or a Lightning/Magic Weapon Buff on it and that thing is a beast, even when Raw.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
4 weeks ago#18
LKSS is likely the objective best pick. It’s a S tier PvP weapon for a reason. Frayed blade has a ranged option which is nice. And any two handed curved sword roll catches like a beast. Though honestly a one handed straight sword is almost just as good and you still have access to a shield for parrying or blockingif they try to attack out of the roll catch.

Biscotti
4 weeks ago#19
Foxhound3857 posted...
I'm angry nobody has recommended Drakeblood Greatsword. Slap some Pale/Gold Resin or a Lightning/Magic Weapon Buff on it and that thing is a beast, even when Raw.

ChasetheBro was using that on a 60/6 during his livestream last night.

Biscotti
4 weeks ago#20
@Biscotti

Tag

Protip: if someone doesn’t do the second R1 of a curved sword combo, don’t queue a roll.

If you’d like, we could practice it a bit.

I pissed off that red...

@Button_Masher_Z, practice would be cool. I kinda suck. Then sometimes I don't.

I've been getting parries/ripostes off now and again, which is very nice, but good players take me apart.

Some of that might be optimisation, and some of it is because I'm so unfamiliar with weapons and movesets in DS3.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Recommend me Dex weapons for a 60/+6