• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. I was getting destroyed by the Demon Prince boss so I tried a different strategy

User Info: quickbeam

quickbeam
1 month ago#1
80/80

That strategy was to summon two npcs and use them as meatshields while I dps’d their but hole. Beat it first try. Didn’t even matter how much extra health the boss had, they went down so much faster because I could attack more and wasn’t dodging out of the way every 5 seconds.
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

User Info: BigBadBastich

BigBadBastich
1 month ago#2
Nice. Now beat it on your own next time.

quickbeam
1 month ago#3
BigBadBastich posted...
Nice. Now beat it on your own next time.

No thanks.
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

User Info: HeyItsTig

HeyItsTig
1 month ago#4
He's honestly easier solo; with summons he just gets ridiculous HP. My strategy in the first half is to kill the 'not so red' demon first, that way the Demon Prince will be the one that shoots the laser instead of the meteor nuke which is hard to dodge.

The demons by themselves aren't challenging; just roll their charge attacks and don't fall for the delayed hits. Keep the poison shooting bastard at bay and don't get hit by the poison exploding trail. When they're both active just keep running around until one fizzes out. My favorite boss honestly.
Greatlance is love, Greatlance is life

quickbeam
1 month ago#5
I know it’s a popular sentiment within the souls community not to summon npcs but in many cases the fight is SO much more manageable with an npc or two (as long as they don’t die) that the fight is actually faster than it would be without the npc. I attempted this boss probably 7-8 times before I finally said eh f*** it lemme summon Gael and Lapp and see how they do. First try. So...yeah. In my experience, the fight is definitely NOT easier solo especially when you’re getting ganked in the first phase. But with two npc summons it’s like I’m not even there so I can just jam my buffed weapon up their ass while the summons facetank direct hits from the boss. Much better time to kill overall because I wasn’t dodging out of the way constantly and could therefore do a lot more damage.

User Info: HeyItsTig

HeyItsTig
1 month ago#6
I've never tried Lapp, but iirc Gael was completely incompetent. I was once summoned to a host with two other phantoms and the amount of health the boss had was ridiculous lmao.
Greatlance is love, Greatlance is life

quickbeam
1 month ago#7
Lapp is great during that fight. Whips out the splitleaf and goes to town. Gael was spamming way of white corona douche frisbee like an idiot but he sure could take a beating, which is all I needed him to do anyway.

And yeah if I summon another player I know NEVER to summon an npc as well. Bad souls etiquette and all that.

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
1 month ago#8
Summoning is for chumps.

quickbeam
1 month ago#9
And trolling is for dark souls boards, apparently.

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
1 month ago#10
What I said is a fact of life.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. I was getting destroyed by the Demon Prince boss so I tried a different strategy
  • Topic Archived