You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Who is the hardest Dark Souls 3 boss?

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
1 month ago#41
Nameless King has to be the most overrated difficulty wise. What's so hard about him?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#42
UnLoco posted...
Nameless King has to be the most overrated difficulty wise. What's so hard about him?

I say the same thing about Orphan of Kos; I can't believe people struggle with him as hard as they do. He's nowhere near the toughest boss in the Souls franchise.

Though I would say Ludwig or Laurence have contention for that spot.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
1 month ago#43
Foxhound3857 posted...

Ludwig is incredibly overrated in terms of difficulty as well. Defiled Amygdala / Watchdog are really where it is at when it comes to difficult Bloodborne bosses.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#44
UnLoco posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Ludwig is incredibly overrated in terms of difficulty as well. Defiled Amygdala / Watchdog are really where it is at when it comes to difficult Bloodborne bosses.

I disagree; those two fights aren't difficult to beat without taking damage. Both bosses have very specific, cut and dry patterns. They may have a lot of range, but they're predictable.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#45
Probably Friede or Gael.

I don't think anyone with an ounce of Souls experience should be struggling with NK or Midir. They're some of the easiest bosses due to their incredibly slow attack speed.
"That is so fetch!"
Main game: Nameless King and Twin Princes Lorian and Lothric.
DLC: Demon Prince and Midir.
-Ymcn

User Info: quickbeam

quickbeam
1 month ago#47
UnLoco posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Yeah I disagree with this as well. Watchdog is super predictable. Amygdala is very easy to space and can be jump attack cheesed in her third phase easily. Ludwig on the other hand is erratic and pressures the s*** out of you.
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

User Info: BigBadBastich

BigBadBastich
4 weeks ago#48
quickbeam posted...
UnLoco posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Yeah I disagree with this as well. Watchdog is super predictable. Amygdala is very easy to space and can be jump attack cheesed in her third phase easily. Ludwig on the other hand is erratic and pressures the s*** out of you.

I dont find any of those to be particularly hard. Thats the beauty of subjectivity.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
4 weeks ago#49
Are Friede and Midir dlc bosses? Haven't played those yet but as for the main game, nothing even compares to the Nameless King. Probably the worst fight ever in this series, although it shares that spot with the final boss fight from the last dlc of DS2, for different reasons. This fight though is all about handling the camera, trying to keep him in your sights while he constantly flies above you, while moving around and dodging. The controls really aren't designed for that. And then trying to get a hit in here and there when you can barely ever reach him. Worst boss design ever.

That fight is what's kept me from finishing the game before simply because I got so annoyed by how bad it was that I didn't even feel like trying again. Something that no other boss has ever done, not even those 2 giant tigers from DS2. And when I now came back and finally beat him after a few tries it was only because some of the guys I summoned were using magic. Trying to fight him with melee is a nightmare.

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#50
UnLoco posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

That entirely depends on lvl, gems and ng cycle. I’d say that in ng+6 with high level cursed gems at lvl 120 Ludwig is much harder than any chalice boss... they don’t scale with ng cycle so....

So if you’re talking the hardest possible difficulty, which to me includes ng+6 bosses none of the chalice bosses make the grade. Ludwig, Laurence and orphan are hardest to me at that point. Laurence hits the top for me, orphan can be parried so he becomes less challenging although still really hard.
Don't go and die over nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Who is the hardest Dark Souls 3 boss?