• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Who is the hardest Dark Souls 3 boss?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#11
Temple posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
Solo: Friede
Group: Midir

Nameless King, Slave Knight Gael and Oceiros get notable mentions too.

The real question is, of the hardest bosses in 3, which ones are considered harder than Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne?

Oceiros?

And I’d say freide is harder than kos. I beat kos in ng+7 with only 5 viscerals... still haven’t beat freide in ng+7...

I struggle with Oceiros sometimes. The second phase is pretty chaotic and he hits hard. It's hard for me to get in close and attack without being at risk myself.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: Temple

Temple
2 months ago#12
Foxhound3857 posted...
Temple posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

The real question is, of the hardest bosses in 3, which ones are considered harder than Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne?

Oceiros?

And I’d say freide is harder than kos. I beat kos in ng+7 with only 5 viscerals... still haven’t beat freide in ng+7...

I struggle with Oceiros sometimes. The second phase is pretty chaotic and he hits hard. It's hard for me to get in close and attack without being at risk myself.

He has a vulnerable spot under him, you can just hang out there and none of his moves hit you except the spin, which is easily dodged. Just stay under him.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#13
Temple posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
Temple posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Oceiros?

He has a vulnerable spot under him, you can just hang out there and none of his moves hit you except the spin, which is easily dodged. Just stay under him.

I know that, I'm just not very good at the execution. In all honesty I find Nameless King to be an easier battle than Oceiros. But that's just me.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: elfmirfkinn

elfmirfkinn
2 months ago#14
Nameless King

https://www.twitch.tv/MediaSubliminal

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
2 months ago#15
I still haven't beat Friede :/
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Voidwards

Voidwards
2 months ago#16
Yeah, have to go with Sister Friede, she is the hardest boss in the game specially solo. Darkeater Midir is surprisingly very manageable solo. In fact I think you could argue he is easier solo than with phantoms.
PSN - Nesraegat

User Info: Temple

Temple
2 months ago#17
Voidwards posted...
Yeah, have to go with Sister Friede, she is the hardest boss in the game specially solo. Darkeater Midir is surprisingly very manageable solo. In fact I think you could argue he is easier solo than with phantoms.

Definitely. I’m not sure if I’ve ever beat him with phantoms. I have as a phantom, but it must have been ng or ng+

User Info: Voidwards

Voidwards
2 months ago#18
Temple posted...
Definitely. I’m not sure if I’ve ever beat him with phantoms. I have as a phantom, but it must have been ng or ng+

Yeah using Phantoms only boosts his health and the help the phantoms provide is not enough to really offset the stats increase. It also makes it harder to focus on hitting his head because it is harder to keep him focused on a specific direction.

Going solo is really the best approach when it comes to Midir. It is kind of the same with Dragonslayer Armor.

Sister Friede on the other hand is really hard solo and still challenging with phantoms.
PSN - Nesraegat

User Info: BigBadBastich

BigBadBastich
2 months ago#19
For me personally its the Dancer. I manged to kill her twice on diff characters in the SL20 and 40 range but i got f***ed many times and her moveset f***s with me in the 2nd phase.

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
2 months ago#20
Ranked from hardest to easiest, based on a solo, NG playthrough:

1. Sister Friede
2. Pontiff Sulyvahn
3. Nameless King
4. Soul of Cinder
5. Slave Knight Gael
6. Demon Prince
7. Abyss Watchers
8. Darkeater Midir
9. Twin Princes
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
11. Iudex Gundyr
12. Champion's Gravetender
13. Vordt of the Boreal Valley
14. Champion Gundyr
15. Curse-Rotted Greatwood
16. Dragonslayer Armour
17. Halflight, Spear of the Church
18. Oceiros, the Consumed King
19. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
20. Old Demon King
21. Ancient Wyvern
22. Crystal Sage
23. Yhorm the Giant
24. High Lord Wolnir
25. Deacons of the Deep
Mods when they see a fun, harmless topic - https://imgtc.com/i/2aZ2BvS.png
Official Grotesque Steve of every board!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Who is the hardest Dark Souls 3 boss?
  • Topic Archived