• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Lothric Knight Long Spear PvP - review & showcase

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#11
JimmyWilly posted...
Temple posted...

Throwing knives may be, but the damage two handed (and one handed) is still better sharp with 14/66 (447, 454) than refined 40/40 (427, 451).

Now that’s not a big difference 2h, but like I said, go for the extra 4 stats in dex. 14/70 sharp gives you 462.

I see that refined could be better, because of throwables and such, but it doesn’t do more damage

40/40 is still the best for weapon diversity. Can use 90% of the weapons in the game with it. It also gives you some spicy hardswap options, like Gundyr's if you're in to that sort of thing.

Idk it's more of a preference for which build you prefer, since the AR difference is rather negligible.

The sharp option does eke out more damage, but you’re definitely right that having options from a quality build is a strong way to play with the spear. It’s basically just got to do with how you want to play with it. If you’d go with a handaxe sidearm, definitely quality.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Temple

Temple
1 month ago#12
JimmyWilly posted...
Temple posted...

Throwing knives may be, but the damage two handed (and one handed) is still better sharp with 14/66 (447, 454) than refined 40/40 (427, 451).

Now that’s not a big difference 2h, but like I said, go for the extra 4 stats in dex. 14/70 sharp gives you 462.

I see that refined could be better, because of throwables and such, but it doesn’t do more damage

40/40 is still the best for weapon diversity. Can use 90% of the weapons in the game with it. It also gives you some spicy hardswap options, like Gundyr's if you're in to that sort of thing.

Idk it's more of a preference for which build you prefer, since the AR difference is rather negligible.

I tend to agree. Most the time the ar difference isn’t much. But in the case of straight swords and greatswords/ultras the difference is well worth it to go sharp or heavy.

Claymore refined 40/40 is like 524ish 2h, and 550ish heavy 2h. A broadsword is around 460-470 1h sharp, and the lks can get into the 440s sharp...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Lothric Knight Long Spear PvP - review & showcase
  • Topic Archived