• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. I may have messed up the spear of the curch

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
2 months ago#1
So, topic. I've been a spear for a while now, and just now wandered into the boss room, and triggered my spear of the church fight. Instead of talking about half-light, the giant dude summoned a yore, which the spells where a heck of a lot stronger.
Will spear of the church still summon me to be the boss, or do I have to go into ng+?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#2
No idea what a yore is, but spears will always summon you if you get the opportunity. Nothing disqualfies spears.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
(message deleted)

User Info: kosc88

kosc88
1 month ago#4
Button_Masher_Z posted...
No idea what a yore is

when ur a member of spears giant gives alternate speech, something along "divine spear of yore i summon thee bla bla" but no he doesnt summon "a yore" lol

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
1 month ago#5
What?

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#6
SolidKnight posted...
What?

My sentiment as well.

The only thing I can think of is that apparently the Judicator didn't summon a player or Halflight, which just sounds all kinds of screwy, and I guess is kind of the point?

Other than this, I have no idea. Because yore isn't a "who"...or even a "what". Its a "when". "Of long ago or former times (used in nostalgic or mock-nostalgic recollection)"
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
1 month ago#7
I think he's just asking if challenging the boss prevents you from getting summoned. It doesn't.

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
1 month ago#8
I truly did not mean to confuse. I apologise.
There was a player summoned, using the greatsword. A spear that's had been a spear for a while, since he had the dew drop item.
As for the judicator, he wasn't going on about half light, but instead talked about somebody by the name of yore instead.
I panicked hard because I was afraid after he called me a traitor, and the odd new dialogue, (ended up dieing easily to a single greatsword user)(usually a lot better lol) I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to be a spear anymore on a charecter i made to be a spear.
Reassuring to hear that I can still do that though, thank you very much, each of you.

Edit: I may play offline, and challenge the boss like that again, see if there is a specific npc attached to this, or if halflight is the only npc boss set for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#9
fuzzy_Wabbit posted...
I truly did not mean to confuse. I apologise.
There was a player summoned, using the greatsword. A spear that's had been a spear for a while, since he had the dew drop item.
As for the judicator, he wasn't going on about half light, but instead talked about somebody by the name of yore instead.
I panicked hard because I was afraid after he called me a traitor, and the odd new dialogue, (ended up dieing easily to a single greatsword user)(usually a lot better lol) I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to be a spear anymore on a charecter i made to be a spear.
Reassuring to hear that I can still do that though, thank you very much, each of you.

Edit: I may play offline, and challenge the boss like that again, see if there is a specific npc attached to this, or if halflight is the only npc boss set for this

When approaching as a member of the Spears of the Church covenant

"Spear of the Church, turn back.
The Abyss runneth deep. Thou'rt sworn to protect our mistress's slumber.
Or wouldst thou thy covenant forsake, in violation of the King's decree?"

"Turn back, Spear of the Church.
Or wouldst thou thy covenant forsake, in violation of the King's decree?"

"Foolishness. To forswear thy covenant and the King's decree.
I, Judicator Argo, shall bring this defiled spear to justice."

"Divine spear of Yore, sworn defender of our Princess Filianore! Harken to the call that summons thee.
Make haste! Divine spear of yore, by sacred decree, protect our dear Princess."

"Divine spear of yore, make haste."

yore noun
\ ˈyȯr \
Definition of yore
: time past and especially long past —usually used in the phrase of yore

Again...yore is not a who or what...its a when.

Judi is basically saying "Divine Spear of the Distant Past"
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#10
Huh, I never paid attention to dialogue I guess. I thought it said “divine spear of filianore.”
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. I may have messed up the spear of the curch
  • Topic Archived