You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. You know what really annoys me when I get ganked?

User Info: KingNothing_VI

KingNothing_VI
4 weeks ago#11
Foxhound3857 posted...
KingNothing_VI posted...
My biggest problem with gankers is that after you take out the 3 phantoms the host just quits out immediatly. Happened 6 times in the last hour or so, and im grinding swordgrass in swamp... just let me kill you to get mah weed mmk?!

MOM PULL THE PLUG, MY PHANTOMS DIED!

Pretty much how i imagine it, yes xD

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
4 weeks ago#12
I hate it when they post the gank on YouTube and make money off of it.

User Info: gotexas872

gotexas872
4 weeks ago#13
SolidKnight posted...

People make money off ganking? There are idiots that pay for that?
PSN - x___APOLLYON___x Youtube - Daniel Plainview
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#14
gotexas872 posted...
SolidKnight posted...

People make money off ganking? There are idiots that pay for that?

Ad revenue.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
4 weeks ago#15
Tbh I am always disappointed when the host and phantoms decide to duel.

I Invaded you to fight all of you. Treat me like the threat I am or I'm melting that host!

Bloodborne is even worse, invaders never seem to treat the fight like an invasion, they always just try to duel me.
When the meta-devil tempted RNGesus in the wilderness, he resisted temptation with 99.8% effectiveness.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
4 weeks ago#16
Artemis86 posted...

Worse is when you attack the host and the phantoms just stand back anyway.

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#17
SolidKnight posted...
Artemis86 posted...

Admittedly, that's typically how I play when I'm summoned as a white. I'll fight the invader for the host, or I'll let the host fight the invader themselves, but I won't help a host gank, whether it's deliberate or not. I'll just stand back and watch. Unless the invader insists and tries to go after me anyway, of course. Or unless the invader chugs Estus first, then I'll go after them. If the host chugs first, then the invader can do as they please.

I typically follow the same conduct when I'm the invader and the host is alone. I'll let the host finish whatever threat they're currently dealing with and give them a moment to prepare, heal, buff, pray to whatever gods they worship, etc. It's the least I can do before the host off to meet them. But if the host has a phantom and they try to gank me, anything goes.

The only exception is when I'm a blue. I have a job to do as a Darkmoon. And earlier tonight I actually got summoned to a world where StillTheBusta was the invader, roughly around SL30 in Cathedral. I went after him, but the host ended up dying to firebomb spam from the trash they were ignoring. I messaged him afterwords and told him I was a fan.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Foxhound3857 posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Artemis86 posted...

Admittedly, that's typically how I play when I'm summoned as a white. I'll fight the invader for the host, or I'll let the host fight the invader themselves, but I won't help a host gank, whether it's deliberate or not. I'll just stand back and watch. Unless the invader insists and tries to go after me anyway, of course. Or unless the invader chugs Estus first, then I'll go after them. If the host chugs first, then the invader can do as they please.

I typically follow the same conduct when I'm the invader and the host is alone. I'll let the host finish whatever threat they're currently dealing with and give them a moment to prepare, heal, buff, pray to whatever gods they worship, etc. It's the least I can do before the host off to meet them. But if the host has a phantom and they try to gank me, anything goes.

The only exception is when I'm a blue. I have a job to do as a Darkmoon. And earlier tonight I actually got summoned to a world where StillTheBusta was the invader, roughly around SL30 in Cathedral. I went after him, but the host ended up dying to firebomb spam from the trash they were ignoring. I messaged him afterwords and told him I was a fan.

FYI,

If I'm invading, and I see this kind of behavior, I exploit it. I will take the duel as long as it's favorable, and will generally outplay a host, or phantom. If I don't, I will heal. Now, I'll push it, because there's little one person can do to pressure me down to nothing solo, but that's because I want to maintain that illusion of going with the duel as long as possible, so I can drop my opponent's hp as low as possible.

People get stunned a little when you heal after it seems apparent that no healing is going on, so then I heal semi-aggressively. I get mid-way, and if my opponent delays AT ALL, I can go in and smack them as they heal. I have seen people melt at this point. This behavior creates openings that otherwise might not exist. It's a risk if there's another person that would hop in, but it's worth it, because sometimes the alternative is failure anyway. Or a long drawn out battle that bores me to tears... I'd rather get on to the next invasion...

Now, to be fair, people often try the duel solo more often than not. But when the group is fighting me, MY gloves come off too. I start using enemies, the environment, etc. I didn't invade for 1v1s, I have plenty of options for that already. But I don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and I take what I can get if someone offers a situation I can turn into an advantage. Hell, I had a "1v1" against a host, he was extremely passive. I taunt a little bit spamming L1, he returns the favor. I break a guard he never intended to block with TWICE because of that. I kill him as a second invader rolls on by.

People don't understand how strongly I play the estus game. If we're dueling, but bring out estus, my 6 to your 15, I will usually win. I don't just heal whenever, I create openings, but I don't usually go too far away either. I will see someone heal immediately after I do, and hit them because they didn't actually line it up with my heal. I will see someone rush me after I heal, and they'll miss, because I spaced it far enough, and they didn't react in time. And if they go real stupid, I take a backstab while they estus up. I get a lot of kills just firing bolts as they reach for that estus, right before the estus triggers. It's really easy to turn a heal into rollcatch hell too, if someone doesn't know the four ways to avoid a rollcatch hell.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#19
My rule of thumb in a 1v1 is that I don't use Estus unless I see my opponent use it first.

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
4 weeks ago#20
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Pseudo-mind games

This is why I backstab invaders during duels. Im a phantom. My job is to keep that host alive. Thanks for the souls and flask refill. Get out.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. You know what really annoys me when I get ganked?