The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Oops, I meant SPEAR Gankers. SPEAR Gankers pay the price...again.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#1
Had to fix a title typo. I drink too much. ;_;

Anyway, ran into these goons earlier, had myself a jolly good stompin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPsa7HOZQo

Can you taste the fear and desperation in the hosts breath? It's almost palpable, like I could reach out and touch it.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#2
And the Gankers must pay the toll yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQe__42wda4

I didn't think I was going to survive that one, that was just desperation on my part at the end. Sometimes things work out though.

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
2 months ago#3
Spear of the church is one of the most entertaining fights to invade into. Hyper armor, insane hp, regular homing soulmass periodically, as well as the buffer on summon, and the ornament you can pick up.
If you bring some Regen or healing, you can be incredibly bs during this fight. Almost to half health? Soothing sunlight. Or bountiful sunlight. Either way, your getting your health back fairly fast. Almost feel bad for them sometimes. Especially lone hosts. All you have to do is keep them from bullying your painting guardians, and they'll get so panicked when the second one summons in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#4
It's weird, I tend to do better against 3v1 and 4v1 Spear invasions than I do against lone hosts.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
2 months ago#5
Foxhound3857 posted...
It's weird, I tend to do better against 3v1 and 4v1 Spear invasions than I do against lone hosts.

You get an insane buff to your defense and poise the more players present. 1v1 you get no buff. 2v1 you still take relatively normal damage. 3v1 or 4v1 and everything tickles you. Pair with regen and laugh.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#6
KDTProjekt posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

You get an insane buff to your defense and poise the more players present. 1v1 you get no buff. 2v1 you still take relatively normal damage. 3v1 or 4v1 and everything tickles you. Pair with regen and laugh.

That's the only reason I'm considering keeping my SL102, to turn it into a full-on regen build specifically for Spear invasions. But I'm thinking about dropping the Luck aspect and just going 45 Faith for a Blessed LKGS and Sunlight spells.

User Info: decafpanda123

decafpanda123
2 months ago#7
Meh, all you do is run around and use the free spell. Every once and a while you spam R1.

Not so amazing, sorry.

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#8
decafpanda123 posted...
Meh, all you do is run around and use the free spell. Every once and a while you spam R1.

Not so amazing, sorry.

Agreed, I play pretty basic and don't really do anything fancy. It gets the job done though. Good enough for me.

That's typically how I fight in 1v1's as well. I'm very passive, I like to let people walk into my attacks, and if they refuse to take the fight to me, I'm happy to just wait them out and regenerate.

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
2 months ago#9
I was a spear of the church it was fun. That poise buff is ridiculous.

User Info: Fizzle_Pork

Fizzle_Pork
2 months ago#10
Spear of the church with regen and a straight sword...
The only one paying any price is you for still playing in the most boring way three years later.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Oops, I meant SPEAR Gankers. SPEAR Gankers pay the price...again.
  • Topic Archived