• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. So for making a low-level invasion build, should upgrades be +1 per 10 levels?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#1
I.E SL40 +4, SL60 +6, SL80 +8, etc?

Or something else?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#2
There are odd quirks, but that works.

Never stop at +5, + 6 is equivalent, or a larger range. The lower range is the same.

From 80 on, go +10
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#3
Button_Masher_Z posted...
There are odd quirks, but that works.

Never stop at +5, + 6 is equivalent, or a larger range. The lower range is the same.

From 80 on, go +10

Alright, getting close to finishing my SL102 for Coop, was considering a SL80 for invading in Lothric Castle and Grand Archives. I'd hope that a Raw Dragonslayer's Axe w/ Gold Pine Resin would still be good at that level?

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/361863

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#4
Actually, scratch that, I think I'm going to make a SL40 +4 Twink for Coop/PvP instead.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/362990

Hunting grounds would be Cathedral, Farron Keep, Catacombs, Smouldering Lake and Boreal Valley. It would have various shields to swap to, including Ethereal Oak, the various Crest shields, Lothric Knight, Llewellyn, etc.

But I see more people now using Iron Round Shield instead of Llewellyn. Was it discovered that Iron Round Shield is better or something?

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
4 weeks ago#5
Foxhound3857 posted...
Actually, scratch that, I think I'm going to make a SL40 +4 Twink for Coop/PvP instead.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/362990

Hunting grounds would be Cathedral, Farron Keep, Catacombs, Smouldering Lake and Boreal Valley. It would have various shields to swap to, including Ethereal Oak, the various Crest shields, Lothric Knight, Llewellyn, etc.

But I see more people now using Iron Round Shield instead of Llewellyn. Was it discovered that Iron Round Shield is better or something?

The iron round shield has more stability so it’s less taxing to setup parry and if you botch a parry you won’t lose as much stamina. It barely has less physical absorption than the Llewellyn too.

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#6
What should the upgrade level be for SL75? I've heard it's a pretty popular stopping point.

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#7
8-10
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#8
Button_Masher_Z posted...
8-10

Cool, figure +8 would be better for the lower range in this case.

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#9
I dunno,

I ran 70 +8 for a long time, and then don tried 70 +10 and said it was better. But activity is a little down since then, so I’m not sure. It’s probably not much different.

User Info: Gixen

Gixen
4 weeks ago#10
You'll probably invade post Dancer, right? Might as well go +10 since there's a lot of chunks there.
Signatures are bad, mkay?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. So for making a low-level invasion build, should upgrades be +1 per 10 levels?
  • Topic Archived