• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Combined all dks into one game.

User Info: darkcresent91

darkcresent91
1 month ago#1
Would be kind of cool to have the whole trilogy combined into one massive world.
Top 5 favorite game series
(5) Dynasty Warriors (4) World of Warcraft (3) Souls/Borne (2) Doom (1) Metal Gear Solid

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#2
I want all the flavors mashed into one poptart.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
1 month ago#3
As long as it uses soul memory matching.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove
FFBE: 682,052,972

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
1 month ago#4
As long as it matches by level range only.
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: Zaikeil

Zaikeil
3 weeks ago#5
ShadowGirlxox posted...

If that's the case, then I am not buying it at all. It's the number one thing I hate about DSII, minus the Shrine of Amana, and a friend of mine forgot that soul memory was a thing, and farmed to the point that I couldn't summon him or vice versa because he had 1.7mil, and I was at 1.2mil. I am a person that can't play a game like DSII for very long because of frustration, and how quickly I get distracted, that it took me forever to get to that point. It also took me increasing the bonfire intensity to where I can fight the Old Iron King again at NG+ (Think that's the name of the end area boss of the Iron Keep.) as a NG sorcerer before I got close to 1.7mil. Also the same friend brought me the digital version if DS Remasteres, and I got the physical copies of DKII SotFS, and DSIII that I don't need another copy of the game.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 weeks ago#6
Button_Masher_Z posted...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the taste.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#7
Limelol posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the taste.

The funny thing is...

I actually sent a letter to Kelloggs saying that when I was a kid.

They replied with a kindly worded letter that basically said “let us do the flavor theory...”
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
3 weeks ago#8
ShadowGirlxox posted...

tombrady3to1 posted...

Good god both of these are terrible ideas. Soul memory was absolute trash since if you were struggling with an area and accumulated an abundance of soul memory, you could be screwed out of co-op in later areas. Not to mention needing to sacrifice a ring slot for the agape ring so that you didn’t have to reset an invasions build every time you moved up a level in soul memory matchmaking was garbage as well.

As for having matchmaking purely based off your SL, I take it you never did PvP in the original Dark Souls? Coming into the game as a brand new player and becoming human so that you can kindle the first bonfire in the Undead Burg, only to get one shot backstabbed by a maxed out chaos weapon on a guy with high poise sucked. It was a bit of a rite of passage for people going into Dark Souls, but incredibly toxic nonetheless. Like if you think twinking is toxic in DS3 as is, you have no idea how bad it’d be if weapon matchmaking was removed in favour of only having SL based matchmaking. My SL16 +1 build got me through the whole game and is beyond broken when invading the High Wall due to poison effectively removing all of the host’s estus because at best he’ll have 5 poison moss clumps and my deep infused longsword being more than capable of chipping through shields and doing high damage. That build would be even easier to set up if I was allowed to max out my weapons and the sword itself would likely 3-4 shot every host I come across, even those that level vigor. Allowing twinking like that would kill the online scene.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
3 weeks ago#9
More stuff for me to pulverize with the biggest sword is always welcome.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: Big_Bawss

Big_Bawss
3 weeks ago#10
INCompl posted...
ShadowGirlxox posted...

tombrady3to1 posted...

Good god both of these are terrible ideas. Soul memory was absolute trash since if you were struggling with an area and accumulated an abundance of soul memory, you could be screwed out of co-op in later areas. Not to mention needing to sacrifice a ring slot for the agape ring so that you didn’t have to reset an invasions build every time you moved up a level in soul memory matchmaking was garbage as well.

As for having matchmaking purely based off your SL, I take it you never did PvP in the original Dark Souls? Coming into the game as a brand new player and becoming human so that you can kindle the first bonfire in the Undead Burg, only to get one shot backstabbed by a maxed out chaos weapon on a guy with high poise sucked. It was a bit of a rite of passage for people going into Dark Souls, but incredibly toxic nonetheless. Like if you think twinking is toxic in DS3 as is, you have no idea how bad it’d be if weapon matchmaking was removed in favour of only having SL based matchmaking. My SL16 +1 build got me through the whole game and is beyond broken when invading the High Wall due to poison effectively removing all of the host’s estus because at best he’ll have 5 poison moss clumps and my deep infused longsword being more than capable of chipping through shields and doing high damage. That build would be even easier to set up if I was allowed to max out my weapons and the sword itself would likely 3-4 shot every host I come across, even those that level vigor. Allowing twinking like that would kill the online scene.

I sometimes think it would have been better if they normalized hp as well as damage and defence values based on weapon/armour type in player vs player scenarios, and just had everyone playing in one big player pool. But I dunno how doable that would be. There would probably be tons of holes in that. You'd still get twinking, because they would inevitably have higher stamina and attunement than the new players as well as end game equipment. Also with no need for a level cap everyone would just be playing as spell casting havelmonsters.

There's not really a good answer to matchmaking in Souls. The RPG mechanics guarantee that there will always be a disparity between players, but that's an important part of the game so you can't really remove it without damaging the PvE experience.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Combined all dks into one game.
  • Topic Archived