• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.

User Info: ffogell

ffogell
4 weeks ago#61
@TC obviously your frustration is speaking by itself.

Keep practicing, while latency and phantom range can get annoying but once you get used to it, you will space properly and anticipate them more easily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 weeks ago#62
kablamo posted...
You understand this board is filled with people using names that keep their identity hidden, and is about video games?

What? lol

The guy's username is literally "Connor4576". He responded a few posts up.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: sinnycool

sinnycool
4 weeks ago#63
I preordered the game and tried pvp in like the first area and got gank squad after gank squad.

It was fun for a minute after I accepted it but got back to annoying pretty quick.

Haven't pvp much since.

But I'm mostly a pve challenge runner and pvp my weakest area in the first place.

Pretty average at it
Sinnycool Games on YouTube

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 weeks ago#64
sinnycool posted...
I preordered the game and tried pvp in like the first area and got gank squad after gank squad.

It was fun for a minute after I accepted it but got back to annoying pretty quick.

Try the dueling scene. Right after Pontiff or even the Arena itself. That would help you improve, if that's the issue, or at the very least, provide a gank-free experience.

Myself, I love gank squads. It's fun being at a disadvantage, but exploiting their greedy habits because they have the numbers advantage. But it's not for everyone. You probably can't enjoy fighting ganks unless you have the mindset to not care about losing, which is a common issue for a lot of people hopping into PvP for the first few times.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Connor4576

Connor4576
4 weeks ago#65
Limelol posted...
kablamo posted...
You understand this board is filled with people using names that keep their identity hidden, and is about video games?

What? lol

The guy's username is literally "Connor4576". He responded a few posts up.

Lol
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Ye Olde Einstein

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#66
Pvp and n this game n honestly entire series ain't good. Can it be fun? Sure. A majority o times, it is fun. But it is not good n never has been. Great in concept, bad in practice
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#67
RainbowRuby posted...
DS2 PvP was pretty much perfect

Agreed
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: ChildOfHades

ChildOfHades
4 weeks ago#68
tombrady3to1 posted...
ChildOfHades posted...

No kidding.

So, you won't be pulling your head out of your ass? Oh well, maybe one day you'll grow up and stop acting so childish and arrogant.

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
4 weeks ago#69
Limelol posted...
SSaiyaman posted...
Actually

Stop.

SSaiyaman posted...
the first bold would be an objective statement (at least in the clearly pointed out context of why it's being called garbage in this thread).

And I stated:

Nobody has contested that the delay isn't a s***ty feature.

That would imply that, from my experience, it's the general consensus.

SSaiyaman posted...
What's subjective would be the second bold - someone's enjoyment or level of tolerance with it despite its lack of performance or its shortcomings as a system.

Why are you telling me what I just pointed out? I don't want to argue the title alone because there are aspects of it that come down to subjectivity, so I chose to argue his points instead of a blanket statement. Why do you think I used that example?...

Do I need to simplify it? I mean, I'm not sure how, tbh. I said that I didn't want to argue a vague topic that could include subjectivity and would rather discuss specific points.

What are you trying to point out exactly? I have a feeling you completely misread that and all of its context.

I'm really not sure how you can read my post and get anything other than, "I want to discuss specific points rather than vague blanket statements".

Lol what prompted this kind of hostile-sounding response? For one thing he did make it clear why he was calling the PvP garbage. The reasons that I saw given were objective. What's subjective is how people feel about those issues with the PvP.

I was just pointing out that you had the objective/subjective thing completely backwards. Even by nature, saying "X is garbage" isn't a subjective statement. Subjective has to do with how something makes you feel, while objective deals with the state of something. Even if it were to be an incorrect statement, just because something is an opinion doesn't make it subjective. There are such things as objective opinions, and they're not automatically correct just because they're objective.

So "PvP is garbage" is an objective opinion. It can be right or wrong, but it's still objective. The following thing you said was, ironically, the thing that's subjective - how people feel about it.

Lemme simplify my point which was missed - tl;dr just because someone can be ok or not ok with something, doesn't make it subjective. Some people might unironically like the movie Birdemic, but it's still objectively a s*** film.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
4 weeks ago#70
Ah I see what's going on. I went back through the whole conversation to get the full context.

While I don't quite understand your first few responses, as they appear to be either defending the PvP's functionality or otherwise disregard its mechanical issues (while later claiming to be aware of them), the TC made the mistake of saying other Souls games didn't have this.

They're all messy in comparison to other games online. Not all other games - there's some that are just as bad, but there's enough examples from other games to give us a higher standard. That the lag exists isn't so bad, though does make it look sloppy. Seeing a hit on your screen, hearing a pained sound from your opponent along with blood, but not landing the hit looks sloppy, and that's when it's running well. But all games have lag to some degree, even if it's not presented as sloppily. Sometimes in Souls it can be bad with the teleporting, but the worst part is its inconsistency in how it determines what "actually" happens, which is what makes it look offensively sloppy.

Offensively because, when you see that you've landed a hit on your screen, hear the pained sound and blood, but deal no damage, the game is telling you that you didn't land the hit on your opponent's side, and so they didn't get hurt. It's telling you that how it determines things is that, if the receiver doesn't see it happen to them on their end, then it doesn't affect them. So, they shouldn't be able to hurt you if they didn't land the hit on your end too, right? Well... no. You can get hurt by an attack that didn't hit you (or even execute) on your end, and sometimes not. It's an inconsistent mess in that regard, which is the higher standard I was talking about. While all games have lag, most don't allow for you to be affected by something that didn't happen to you on your end. That's something that should never happen, and is objectively bad.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.
  • Topic Archived