• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
4 weeks ago#51
forge posted...
Doesn’t what you just describe highlight the TC’s point that the PvP is garbage?

Limelol posted...
Nobody has contested that the delay isn't a s***ty feature.

I contested points he made, not the title of the thread. Using a blanket statement like "PvP is garbage" is too subjective to be worthy of an argument. Obviously some will be okay with it and some won't.

Actually, the first bold would be an objective statement (at least in the clearly pointed out context of why it's being called garbage in this thread). What's subjective would be the second bold - someone's enjoyment or level of tolerance with it despite its lack of performance or its shortcomings as a system.

Though this lag in itself isn't too terrible. It's its inconsistency in how bad it is and which player it tends to favor. Like I said, sometimes you can get hit by something you didn't see hit you merely because the other person hit you on yours, or at the same time you can fail to hit someone that you hit on your screen because they weren't hit on theirs. Two contradicting scenarios, but both can happen in the game, so it makes it seem like the connection doesn't know what it's doing half the time lol.

The game's still fun. And whether or not the PvP scene is too "tryhardy" or people taking it more seriously than it deserves, the real issue is just how the connections work, rather than the game itself. Even when it's running (by players' standards) smoothly, it still seems sloppy compared to other games. It's still fun to play and watch... though that statement's obviously subjective. We can objectively measure something's quality, but not someone's feelings about them.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#52
ChildOfHades posted...
I'm trash

No kidding.
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 weeks ago#53
SSaiyaman posted...
Actually

Stop.

SSaiyaman posted...
the first bold would be an objective statement (at least in the clearly pointed out context of why it's being called garbage in this thread).

And I stated:

That would imply that, from my experience, it's the general consensus.

SSaiyaman posted...
What's subjective would be the second bold - someone's enjoyment or level of tolerance with it despite its lack of performance or its shortcomings as a system.

Why are you telling me what I just pointed out? I don't want to argue the title alone because there are aspects of it that come down to subjectivity, so I chose to argue his points instead of a blanket statement. Why do you think I used that example?...

Do I need to simplify it? I mean, I'm not sure how, tbh. I said that I didn't want to argue a vague topic that could include subjectivity and would rather discuss specific points.

What are you trying to point out exactly? I have a feeling you completely misread that and all of its context.

I'm really not sure how you can read my post and get anything other than, "I want to discuss specific points rather than vague blanket statements".

tombrady3to1 posted...
ChildOfHades posted...

No kidding.

Fun fact, even though he can't see this, editing someone's post to say something else is infraction worthy.

And yes, the mods here enforce it if it's reported. It happened to connor (I think it was him) when he was doing it to tmk.

One of you should tell him.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: GuerrillaGunz

GuerrillaGunz
4 weeks ago#54
I can has post on this topic before it goes away?

Many thanks to that game for giving my hours of fun. Thank you to persons who fight and call the help. Is garbage and is good, you say yes?

Yesterday is less Salt than Tomorrow, but found Sanctuary from the Angry people killed in DkS3. They can't get mine! Haha.

Before then I hear Tom Brady kiss the son of him and dad. TMZ laugh is good funny haha. Homophones.

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
4 weeks ago#55
What exactly do you want TC? Seriously?
No victim no crime.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#56
The game may lag, but it’s pretty consistent. It’s completely possible to play knowing what will and will not happen given enough experience, and a stable connection.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
4 weeks ago#57
Juxtapose posted...
What exactly do you want TC? Seriously?

1. Obviously, they want their opponents in pvp to stand still so that they can easily kill them.
2. They want someone to resolve their problems with the Internet provider as lags are not a usual thing in the game.

User Info: RainbowRuby

RainbowRuby
4 weeks ago#58
DS2 PvP was pretty much perfect

User Info: Connor4576

Connor4576
4 weeks ago#59
Limelol posted...
And yes, the mods here enforce it if it's reported. It happened to connor (I think it was him) when he was doing it to tmk.

I can confirm this to be true, 1 of the many mods I got during my discussions with Tmk xD

I miss Tmk, he was a pretty cool guy underneath.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Ye Olde Einstein

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
4 weeks ago#60
Limelol posted...
SSaiyaman posted...
Actually

Stop.

SSaiyaman posted...
the first bold would be an objective statement (at least in the clearly pointed out context of why it's being called garbage in this thread).

And I stated:

That would imply that, from my experience, it's the general consensus.

SSaiyaman posted...
What's subjective would be the second bold - someone's enjoyment or level of tolerance with it despite its lack of performance or its shortcomings as a system.

Why are you telling me what I just pointed out? I don't want to argue the title alone because there are aspects of it that come down to subjectivity, so I chose to argue his points instead of a blanket statement. Why do you think I used that example?...

Do I need to simplify it? I mean, I'm not sure how, tbh. I said that I didn't want to argue a vague topic that could include subjectivity and would rather discuss specific points.

What are you trying to point out exactly? I have a feeling you completely misread that and all of its context.

I'm really not sure how you can read my post and get anything other than, "I want to discuss specific points rather than vague blanket statements".

tombrady3to1 posted...
ChildOfHades posted...

No kidding.

Fun fact, even though he can't see this, editing someone's post to say something else is infraction worthy.

One of you should tell him.

You understand this board is filled with people using names that keep their identity hidden, and is about video games?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.
  • Topic Archived