• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#1
I don't see how anyone can like this. You know you got a clear hit on someone, you get the sound of hitting them, the blood flying everywhere, yet you get zero damage. Then you land a backstab, the game gives you the animation, it knows you got it, but they just ignore it and you get zero damage. Not to mention that people just roll and roll and roll and roll as rolling through someones razor sharp blade apparently does no damage. I just don't get it, I want to have fun with this with multiplayer but this is seriously like the worst pvp I've ever seen.
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
4 weeks ago#2
You’d get along with mr takisuteni
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
4 weeks ago#3
Invincibility frames sure are a novel concept huh?

User Info: ShadowGirlxox

ShadowGirlxox
4 weeks ago#4
100% agree.

It's amazing how bad the pvp is in Dks3 since it was near perfection in Dks2.
youtube.com/c/ShadowGirlGroove
FFBE: 682,052,972

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 weeks ago#5
The lag is consistent enough to be predictable in most cases. It's basically a delay if anything. Rolling and iframes are the backbone of Dark Souls. What do you want them to do? Just stand there and take it?

Sounds like someone who knew what they were doing just steamrolled you because you didn't know what you were doing.

I guess you should change your name to tombrady3to2.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: forge

forge
4 weeks ago#6
Limelol posted...
The lag is consistent enough to be predictable in most cases. It's basically a delay if anything. Rolling and iframes are the backbone of Dark Souls. What do you want them to do? Just stand there and take it?

Sounds like someone who knew what they were doing just steamrolled you because you didn't know what you were doing.

I agree 100% with TC. Players teleporting around the screen, then hitting you 3 seconds later IS garbage. To have to figure this BS out to have a fair fight IS garbage. You guys who keep saying you have to figure out I frames etc are correct, BUT not in the situations that happen during fights in DKSIII. In a fair fight I can see paying more attention to I frames but c'mon man, not with this BS. Yeah, I know, say it, GG. It's tough to GG with what happens/doesn't happen on your screen.
BTW: TB12 is the GOAT and he proved it again last Sunday vs the Chargers and will again against the Chiefs and go to his 9th Super Bowl. Is that right, 9?? Wow, so many I'm losing track. :>)
Live Long and Prosper - Spock

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#7
Limelol posted...

It's not about winning or losing. It's about the fights taking forever bc people invade and just keep rolling. Didn't have these problems in any other soulsborne

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
4 weeks ago#8
It's fun to watch, but yeah in terms of functionality it's super messy and seems unfinished. That's the peer2peer system, and lag in general. But with peer2peer, you can take damage from an attack you never saw, because on the other person's screen you got hit, so it prioritizes the attacker (where in other games, if something hits you on someone else's screen but not on yours, you don't get hit)... but at the same time you can land a hit on someone that didn't hit them on their side, and it won't hurt them, so it... doesn't prioritize the attacker...

In other words there's no real consistent rhyme or logic to it. Sometimes it prioritizes the attacker so that the defender gets hit by something they never saw hit them, and other times it prioritizes the defender so your attacks that clearly connect on your end do no damage.

Other games of course have lag, but they don't do that BS of prioritizing the attacker, so they don't do the bigger BS of sometimes prioritizing the attacker and sometimes the defender. It's even. In MK you can hit someone with a Shell who never got hit and see them "teleport" forward when the connection catches up, but at the same time someone can swear they hit you and see the same happen. All games online have lag. It's not like we haven't all played other games to know this.

But with this series, it's very egregious with it, and does stuff with lag that most other games don't do. It is objectively sloppy and... well just bad, but can be subjectively fun nonetheless.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

tombrady3to1
4 weeks ago#9
SSaiyaman posted...
It's fun to watch, but yeah in terms of functionality it's super messy and seems unfinished. That's the peer2peer system, and lag in general. But with peer2peer, you can take damage from an attack you never saw, because on the other person's screen you got hit, so it prioritizes the attacker (where in other games, if something hits you on someone else's screen but not on yours, you don't get hit)... but at the same time you can land a hit on someone that didn't hit them on their side, and it won't hurt them, so it... doesn't prioritize the attacker...

In other words there's no real consistent rhyme or logic to it. Sometimes it prioritizes the attacker so that the defender gets hit by something they never saw hit them, and other times it prioritizes the defender so your attacks that clearly connect on your end do no damage.

Other games of course have lag, but they don't do that BS of prioritizing the attacker, so they don't do the bigger BS of sometimes prioritizing the attacker and sometimes the defender. It's even. In MK you can hit someone with a Shell who never got hit and see them "teleport" forward when the connection catches up, but at the same time someone can swear they hit you and see the same happen. All games online have lag. It's not like we haven't all played other games to know this.

But with this series, it's very egregious with it, and does stuff with lag that most other games don't do. It is objectively sloppy and... well just bad, but can be subjectively fun nonetheless.

Yeah, it's just utter nonsense. It makes me wonder why so many people pvp in this game compared to the others...?

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 weeks ago#10
tombrady3to1 posted...
Didn't have these problems in any other soulsborne

Lets see:

tombrady3to1 posted...
You know you got a clear hit on someone, you get the sound of hitting them, the blood flying everywhere, yet you get zero damage.

Happens in every Souls game.

tombrady3to1 posted...
Then you land a backstab, the game gives you the animation, it knows you got it, but they just ignore it and you get zero damage.

Happens in Dark Souls 1 the most when you take damage frames prior to the backstab.

tombrady3to1 posted...
Not to mention that people just roll and roll and roll and roll as rolling through someones razor sharp blade apparently does no damage.

Happens in every Souls game.

Really, I would love to know which Souls game you've been playing that doesn't have i-frames or people rolling.

forge posted...
Players teleporting around the screen

'Players teleporting around the screen' is not the norm. If you're consistently experiencing that, it may be on your end. Look up videos of PvP. You'll get an idea what most of it should look like.

forge posted...
To have to figure this BS out to have a fair fight IS garbage.

Nobody is expecting you to be able to adapt to players teleporting. That's sporadic lag.

Consistent lag is something different entirely. Training yourself to adapt to the 100-500 ms delay that you'll usually see.

Of course, we'd all rather it not exist, but it's certainly manageable most of the time. If it wasn't, nobody would be able to enjoy it, which obviously isn't the case.
"That is so fetch!"
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. the pvp in this game is garbage.
  • Topic Archived