You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. idea i had about nameless king n Priscilla

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#11
Wat made him so desperate then, u genius?

O wait it's kablamo, u never kno wat u talk about, u constantly diarrhea out ur mouth, I guess i gotta wait for one o ur 3 daily posts for a response
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#12
Zach_Nightt posted...
Just putting this out there...

Dark Souls doesn't have much related to Berserk in terms of storytelling. The Catarina armor, as well as the UGS weapon arts may be inspired by Berserk, but that's really the only major link you're gonna find between Dark Souls and Berserk: Shout-Outs.

Also, practically every story is bound to share identical story tropes. Just because Dark Souls has parallels to Berserk is like saying Harry Potter has parallels to RWBY because the main character has unique abilities and goes to a school dedicated to hone those abilities..

My man, get familiar

User Info: Laurie1982

Laurie1982
4 weeks ago#13
While Griffith sure wasn't all that pleased about the whole Guts and Casca thing I can't imagine being in a crippled body done his mind any favours either.

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#14
Laurie1982 posted...
While Griffith sure wasn't all that pleased about the whole Guts and Casca thing I can't imagine being in a crippled body done his mind any favours either.

Nah but his mind n body were perfectly fine n not destroyed tho apparently

User Info: GuerrillaGunz

GuerrillaGunz
4 weeks ago#15
maeve2 posted...
Griffith was punished because he deflowered a daughter of a wealthy man, who was interested in his own daughter, in a world where virginity was a commodity.

The story has nothing to do with DS world. I doubt Gwin would ever bother with such trivia. He's a God, after all.

That wealthy man was the King of Midland, the country Griffith and the Band were fighting for. Griffith was fast becoming suitable marriage material for Princess Charlotte through political machinations and success on the battlefield.

Whether Gwynn was a literal god or just called so by ordinary folk isn't relevant here. Gwynn was a king. With Gwynn dead, the rule of the kingdom would fall to his first born son, hence why his first born son is called the Nameless King.

Both characters could have become the rulers of their respective kingdoms, but they didn't because they both f***ed up.

kablamo
...so, apparently, Griffin DID NOT think he was even in dire straits, because the behelit activated after he was rescued from that dungeon he was 'destroyed' in.

Griffith had the behelit taken from him during his torture. It found him again (after he was rescued) when he commandeered the wagon and crashed into the water, where he was so distraught he tried to slice his own throat on a jagged...rock? Tree trunk?

His torture involved the severing of the tendons that controlled his limbs, the removal of his tongue, emaciation and disfigurement. I'd say he was 'destroyed' to a point just short of being dead.

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#16
GuerrillaGunz posted...
maeve2 posted...
Griffith was punished because he deflowered a daughter of a wealthy man, who was interested in his own daughter, in a world where virginity was a commodity.

The story has nothing to do with DS world. I doubt Gwin would ever bother with such trivia. He's a God, after all.

That wealthy man was the King of Midland, the country Griffith and the Band were fighting for. Griffith was fast becoming suitable marriage material for Princess Charlotte through political machinations and success on the battlefield.

Whether Gwynn was a literal god or just called so by ordinary folk isn't relevant here. Gwynn was a king. With Gwynn dead, the rule of the kingdom would fall to his first born son, hence why his first born son is called the Nameless King.

Both characters could have become the rulers of their respective kingdoms, but they didn't because they both f***ed up.

kablamo
...so, apparently, Griffin DID NOT think he was even in dire straits, because the behelit activated after he was rescued from that dungeon he was 'destroyed' in.

Griffith had the behelit taken from him during his torture. It found him again (after he was rescued) when he commandeered the wagon and crashed into the water, where he was so distraught he tried to slice his own throat on a jagged...rock? Tree trunk?

His torture involved the severing of the tendons that controlled his limbs, the removal of his tongue, emaciation and disfigurement. I'd say he was 'destroyed' to a point just short of being dead.

O no, keep that intelligence n insight outta this topic lol, how dare u

So how plausible u think my theory is? Any evidence to shut it down, or is it a realistic chain of events in ur opinion?

Yorshka referrin to gwyndolin could be a turn of phrase, or could be evidence
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Zach_Nightt

Zach_Nightt
4 weeks ago#17
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
My man, get familiar

Get familiar with what? All you're doing is trying to connect dots that don't exist.

All Miyazaki does is read Berserk. He'll make a few shout-outs to it. That's it.

Also, it's implied that Gwyndolin is Gwyn's legitimate child. The only thing is that Gwyndolin was pretty much raised as a female. Then something happens, and now Aldritch thinks Gwyndolin tastes like chicken.
"And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero."
-Vriska Serket, Thief of Light. "Yeah!!!!!!!!"

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 weeks ago#18
Zach_Nightt posted...
My man, get familiar

Get familiar with what? All you're doing is trying to connect dots that don't exist.

All Miyazaki does is read Berserk. He'll make a few shout-outs to it. That's it.

Also, it's implied that Gwyndolin is Gwyn's legitimate child. The only thing is that Gwyndolin was pretty much raised as a female. Then something happens, and now Aldritch thinks Gwyndolin tastes like chicken.

U need to educate urself before u act like u kno somethin. So like i said, get familiar.

Do ur research then come bak
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GuerrillaGunz

GuerrillaGunz
3 weeks ago#19
I don't think Gwyndolin is the child of NK and Priscilla. He's said to be Gwyn's lastborn son, raised as a daughter because of his affinity to the power of the moon.

Crossbreed Priscilla is a Dragon crossbreed, bastard child, and antithesis of all life. The gods feared her lifehunt ability. She resided in the painted world of Ariamis.

Nameless King is a deific hunter of dragons. He was once a dragon-slaying god of war, heir to lightning, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons.

Did NK have an affair with Priscilla and get kicked out of the royal family? I don't know. Is it plausible? Sure.

The ds1 Ring of the Sun's Firstborn says "...his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known." The ds3 version says "...he was stripped of his stature as punishment for his foolishness. No wonder his very name has slipped from the annals of history."

Lots of room to speculate.

Edit: I can't fix my first post, but evidence shows that NK was already a king, meanwhile Gwyn is always referred to as Lord, not king. (It's in the Lightning Storm miracle item description from ds3.)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Zach_Nightt

Zach_Nightt
3 weeks ago#20
U need to educate urself before u act like u kno somethin. So like i said, get familiar.

Do ur research then come bak

What research? You're telling me to look up how Edward Elric, from Fullmetal Alchemist, is connected to Harry Potter, from his eponymous books, because they're young prodigies. Or how Sora from Kingdom Hearts, and Link from Legend of Zelda inspire each other because the main characters get a special, legendary weapon with mystic properties.

As I said. You're connecting dots that aren't there.

Also, is it difficult to type normally?
"And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero."
-Vriska Serket, Thief of Light. "Yeah!!!!!!!!"
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. idea i had about nameless king n Priscilla