• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Is this game too easy or did you forget to wear your clothes to school again?

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 months ago#1
I don't think the game is easy--still got to put some effort into it.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 months ago#2
Depends on a number of factors. I think it is, though.

If you don't care about personal challenges, that means summoning help and over-leveling are fair game.

If you come from a background of games that require fast reactions and/or games that require you to pay attention to boss mechanics, such as MMOs, then you'd find the Souls bosses to be very lacking. Boss AI is very simplistic and their movepool is incredibly shallow. Most of the time, you'll be able to predict the attacks they're capable of using at any given moment.

Stamina is overly generous in this one. While people love to point out how this makes rolling OP, this isn't as big of a deal as they try to make it out to be. There are rarely any boss attack chains in any of the games that are even capable of depleting half of your stamina bar, unless you roll backwards, which is something combo-heavy bosses always seem to be able to take advantage of.

In the base game, around the halfway mark, bosses simply have too little HP. Pontiff would be far more menacing if he didn't evaporate the second someone touches him. Pontiff is also one of the worst offenders in this category because most players typically find one of his phases to be an absolute joke, which effectively gives him half of an already pitiful HP bar. Bosses in the final DLC, as well as Friede, seem to suggest that FromSoft realized this as well.

All in all, as someone who has sunk a lot of time into the series, I blew through every boss like it was nothing. Dancer is the only one that killed me, and that was once. They were just too simplistic and too predictable for a normal playthrough.

I've come to the conclusion that the difficulty in the series comes from two primary sources: Learning the controls/basics and challenge runs, especially extremities like SL1, SL1 un-upgraded, and No Hit.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Jay_Souls

Jay_Souls
3 months ago#3
This game is hard.

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
3 months ago#4
I forgot to wear clothes cuz no one dressed me.
Annoy everyone using this one weird trick!

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
3 months ago#5
This game is harder than 1 or 2
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
3 months ago#6
It's not easy.

Only reason people complain about the game being easier than DeS or DkS1 and 2, is because they've played those games for years. Of f***ing course you're going to have an easier time with 3 when you've got years of experience with the previous games.

A brand new player would have just as hard a time playing DkS3 as they would playing DeS.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
3 months ago#7
I think the game is fine, it's not easy but it's not hard either. Quite frankly, they did an outstanding job of making the game a blast to play through for all kinds of skill levels with players. Certain bosses can and will destroy you if you are unprepared or don't give them respect (Pontiff, Dragonslayer) and some other bosses are maybe too easy (Wolnir, Deacons) but on the whole, it's well balanced.

I just wish shields were actually useful in pvp as they are in pve.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 months ago#8
riddlebox89 posted...
A brand new player would have just as hard a time playing DkS3 as they would playing DeS.

Doubtful. Dark Souls 3 requires a lot more of a player than DeS. New players could easily take advantage of OP grass and the bosses they face are the easiest in the series due to simplicity.

All of the games have their own easy and hard list, but DeS and DkS1 are very lacking in the hard department if you compare them with the other entries.

BB and DkS3 are probably the most consistently hard Souls games when comparing.

There's no example to prove your statement right or wrong as you can only have your first Souls game experience once. But I do believe what I said: The first Souls game a player plays is typically the hardest due to controls/basics being a steeper learning curve than other games. That said, there's more to the games than that initial Souls learning curve.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Jay_Souls

Jay_Souls
3 months ago#9
Outside of some late game bosses and dlc bosses, this game was pretty breezy. But those tough bosses were pretty beefy tasks.

Bloodborne was probably the most difficult bcuz some of those bosses in that game were on roids, but, when I first played dark souls I thought it was very difficult too.

Dark souls had some really challenging enemies and areas that I really struggled with early on as I learned how to play souls games.

I probably had the most fun in dark souls 3, of the dark souls games, as it was less stressful in that I never worried about losing souls, worried about what enemies would curb stomp me, what was going to hinder progress, what stats to do?, what level should I level up to, what level should I be at in what area, what is a good weapon, should I use this armor vs another etc ... was more balls to the wall and crush souls as I plow through any f***ry in my way. Going with the flow was fun and enjoyable and there was some really good areas to explore too.

But it wasn’t overly difficult, and that’s mainly contributed to years of experience from previous games.

BB is still tops in all areas for me tho...

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
3 months ago#10
The difference between 1 and 3 is where the difficulty is found.

1 The difficulty is in just figuring s*** out and environmental dangers. Its pretty easy to wander into an area that you shouldn't be and find yourself in a lot of trouble. Depending on the player some have the reasoning skills to figure this kind of thing out and decide to go somewhere else, whereas other will drown in those wrong decisions. Furthermore, if you have any experience in the game series at all 1's difficulty dries up really fast as there are only 2 bosses in the game who are legit dangerous. Everything else is a joke.

3 doesn't have those kinds of dangers. 3 tells you exactly where to go and when so your never finding yourself lost in an area you may not be able to fight through. But 3 has bosses and other enemies who are dangerous. And because of the linear nature they do a better job of balancing the challenge so you don't find yourself killing bosses in 3-4 hits like in 1. It makes parts of the journey dull and boring since you never find yourself under/overpowered but the big fights are miles beyond what 1 had.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Is this game too easy or did you forget to wear your clothes to school again?
  • Topic Archived