• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. How Does Luck Effect Bleed?

User Info: Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3
3 months ago#1
Does it actually increase the bleed dmg value in the menu as you increase it?

Or does it effect the dmg from bleed procing?

How is the bleed infusion on bleed weapons?

For example, if I had 40 dex and 40 luck, and was using a scythe, would bleed or sharp infusion be better?
PSN: Zarathustra3
Gamertag: BassOfDoomIn44

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
3 months ago#2
It just reduces the number of hits it takes to proc bleed. A blood infused weapon definitely isn’t optimal for PvP since they hit like a wet napkin and you’re only reducing the amount of hits required by maybe one or two. A sharp infusion would work well, as would a hollow infusion which grants luck scaling so your points invested in luck aren’t a massive waste. Both infusions still allow your weapon to be buffed and don’t neuter your damage like a blood infusion does. Blood infusions are incredibly useful for PvE though. Not so much as a main weapon, but rather something you take out against bosses which are weak to bleed. A blood infused carthus curved greatsword has the highest bleed value of any weapon and blood infused warden twinblades are a great option as well. I used both of these weapons on a dedicated co-op build and they melted bosses like the Demon Prince and Friede (phase 2) and even still did well against bosses that are resistant to bleed like Gael.

User Info: gotexas872

gotexas872
3 months ago#3
INCompl posted...
A blood infused carthus curved greatsword has the highest bleed value of any weapon and blood infused warden twinblades are a great option as well. I used both of these weapons on a dedicated co-op build and they melted bosses like the Demon Prince and Friede (phase 2) and even still did well against bosses that are resistant to bleed like Gael.

Actually, if Im not mistaken, the Corvian Great Scythe has the highest bleed at 118 followed by the Carthus CGS at 108. This is at 50 luck.

Spiked Mace 96
Painted CS 87
Flamberge 86
O&U 85
G. Scythe 85
Carthus CS 85
Warden TB 83
Barbed SS 82
Black Blade 82
Uchi 81
Carthus Shotel 81
PSN - x___APOLLYON___x Youtube - Daniel Plainview

gotexas872
3 months ago#4
@Zarathustra3

As INcompl said, bleed is very good up until around NG+5 or NG+6. Bleed will proc in 4 or 3 hits if I remember in these cycles. However, in lower cycles, bleed doesnt proc on a lot of early enemies because your killing them in 1-3 hits without needing it.

User Info: Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3
3 months ago#5
So it does up the bleed in the menu?

I'm trying out the pontif knight scythe on a pure dex build , and just wondering, if I had like 50 luck would I see bleed proc as well as frost?
PSN: Zarathustra3
Gamertag: BassOfDoomIn44

INCompl
3 months ago#6
gotexas872 posted...
INCompl posted...
A blood infused carthus curved greatsword has the highest bleed value of any weapon and blood infused warden twinblades are a great option as well. I used both of these weapons on a dedicated co-op build and they melted bosses like the Demon Prince and Friede (phase 2) and even still did well against bosses that are resistant to bleed like Gael.

Actually, if Im not mistaken, the Corvian Great Scythe has the highest bleed at 118 followed by the Carthus CGS at 108. This is at 50 luck.

Spiked Mace 96
Painted CS 87
Flamberge 86
O&U 85
G. Scythe 85
Carthus CS 85
Warden TB 83
Barbed SS 82
Black Blade 82
Uchi 81
Carthus Shotel 81

Could’ve sworn the CCGS had a higher bleed rate than that. The CGS has self bleed on it though and the scythe moveset and damage is pretty subpar in my opinion. Warden twinblades is definitely the best bleed weapon overall though since the L1s apply bleed on each hit and the moveset is fast.

INCompl
3 months ago#7
Zarathustra3 posted...
So it does up the bleed in the menu?

I'm trying out the pontif knight scythe on a pure dex build , and just wondering, if I had like 50 luck would I see bleed proc as well as frost?

It ups the bleed in the menu and it will proc more frequently with a higher luck stat. Though I do remember using the Pontiff scythe when helping people kill Gael and I don’t remember the bleed going off very frequently against him (he’s resistant to bleed but things like the bandit knife get him to bleed quite often). Just a side note, the Pontiff scythe is pretty bad. Even though it has S scaling in dex, its damage is pitiful and you constantly need to reapply the frost buff.

gotexas872
3 months ago#8
Forgot to mention, the numbers I listed are for bleed infusions and not hollow. For hollow, subtract 45 to get adjusted bleed effect.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 months ago#9
INCompl posted...
gotexas872 posted...
INCompl posted...

Spiked Mace 96
Painted CS 87
Flamberge 86
O&U 85
G. Scythe 85
Carthus CS 85
Warden TB 83
Barbed SS 82
Black Blade 82
Uchi 81
Carthus Shotel 81

Could’ve sworn the CCGS had a higher bleed rate than that. The CGS has self bleed on it though and the scythe moveset and damage is pretty subpar in my opinion. Warden twinblades is definitely the best bleed weapon overall though since the L1s apply bleed on each hit and the moveset is fast.

Cgs gets 90 bleed at 50 luck, ccgs gets 108.

And the cgs gets pretty good damage, but it really helps to know that any starting R1 combos into a jump attack.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

gotexas872
3 months ago#10
@Button_Masher_Z @INCompl

You two are correct. I dont know how I got 118. Maybe I have it confused with another.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. How Does Luck Effect Bleed?
  • Topic Archived