• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Tips on a PvP Faith Build

User Info: MadGed

MadGed
1 month ago#1
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to come up with a good PvP faith build, and stumbled upon a weapon choice. I created 2 builds, one focusing on a "pure caster" sort of faith-user-ish; the other, a heavier dude capable to wield a Halberd.

I'd like your opinions and suggestions on both builds, maybe pointing out one that's better or improve upon them.

BUILD 1: Halberd Build - https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/343901
BUILD 2: Faith Caster - https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/343902

Quick Breakdown:
- The final miracle on boh builds (Deep Protection and Dorhy's Gnawing, respectively) are there as a placeholder, as I've no idea on what would be the best final miracle (If Dorhy's Gnawing is chosen, I might pick Blindfold Mask as head piece);
- Both builds are at their optimal classes as of now;
- Ethereal Oak and Eastern Iron Shields are chosen for their Weapon Skill WA, allowing a full use of the one-handed moveset on both the Halberd and Longsword;
- Talisman is a good compromise in between poise casting and spellbuff;
- Saint-tree Bellvine offers some interesting tools (note that the Talisman is still the preferred casting choice):
a) a switch in casting speeds: long, drawn-out battles may use this as an advantage;
b) in case of passive opponents, Gentle Prayer + Ethereal Oak or Blessed Eastern Iron Shields offer
HP regen;
c) in case of (b), Saint-tree Bellvine has a 190 spellbuff, meaning that I could hide behind a Gentle
Prayer + Shield regen while casting Lightning Arrows, forcing opponents to come at a Lightning
Stake/Sunlight Spear.
- Ring of Favor is chosen on account that the difference between it and Prisoner's Chain is minimal (but still, 15 extra levels is tempting).

So that's it, this is the point that I'm at. Would appreciate inputs! : )

Oh and btw, main ideia is Arena for the build. Thanks in advance!
Unbeknownst to him, he would never find a good signature.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#2
Poise casting is the way to go for faith builds. Sunlight spear hits like a truck at close range and can outright one shot people if used on low level twink builds. Lightning arrow is also a must since a lot of people are awful at dealing with it. I invade a lot so I’m pretty partial to lightning storm since the aoe is great for pushing off gank squads. However, lightning storm is super slow to cast and so you’d be better off using lightning stake if you wanted a 3rd miracle for arena fights. For secondary weapons I like to use something fast like a straight sword or estoc, but using a halberd is fine as well. You could also try using the dragonslayer swordspear. It has a halberd moveset when two handed and the wa catches a ridiculous amount of people off guard. One handed gives it a spear moveset to punish people for staying at range, which you could in turn respond to with a poise casted sunlight spear. Major downside to this weapon is the stat requirements are very demanding so if you’re wanting to stay at SL120 or lower, your going to be a little lower on health and/or stamina than you may be used to.

MadGed
1 month ago#3
Yeah, I have played with the Dragonslayer Swordspear and have fallen in love with the weapon!

MadGed
1 month ago#4
Bumperino!

User Info: Drago77

Drago77
1 month ago#5
If you're doing the arena build I would recommend the following weapons:

Red-hilted halberd
Mace

The reason for that is the perseverance WA. It works great in tandem with poise casting. Some of the must have miracles are: Lightning arrow, Lightning Stake, and a replenishment buff (I prefer Bountiful Sunlight for low cost and 1 att slot). The perseverance wa works great in tandem with poise casting and lightning arrow is good for poise boost and catching people who try to out range you.
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry

MadGed
1 month ago#6
But isn't the Unfaltering Prayer WA already a poise option? I know Talismans have different poise values (my chosen talisman has a medium type of poise) between each other, but do they only work on miracles when cast with the UP talisman that you used?

User Info: Drago77

Drago77
1 month ago#7
MadGed posted...
But isn't the Unfaltering Prayer WA already a poise option? I know Talismans have different poise values (my chosen talisman has a medium type of poise) between each other, but do they only work on miracles when cast with the UP talisman that you used?

Talismans do have the poise WA (Unfaltering Prayer) that lets you poise cast and gives you a couple of poise frames post cast. That's why Lightning Arrow is so popular for Faith builds, you can hit a lightning arrow and have a couple of poise frames for a follow up swing.

Using Mace and RHH allows you to have a viable melee option to win trades. The mace is particularly good since you can win trades against most weapons and you can catch people on the third R1 swing if they decide to just roll straight back due to its phantom range.

Another benefit is that when you add replenishment and regen into the mix, players who typically play hit and run or try to range will be forced to be more aggressive and more prone to making mistakes. You can stack Bountiful Sunlight + Ethereal Oak Shield (wear on back) + Sun Princess Ring + Sacred Chime of Fillianore (works when you switch to talisman for poise casting).
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Tips on a PvP Faith Build
  • Topic Archived