• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. The vast majority of Dark Souls 3 players are liars. Start leveling past 120.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#31
MajesticUnicorn posted...
People’s builds are NOT based off of Soul Level 120 or 125. Not even close. Far and away the most common soul levels of players are Soul Level 132, 140 and 145? Why, you ask?

Simple answer.

Majority of players don't give a damn about this meta level crap. Community made rules are not real rules, nobody has to abide by them if they don't want to.

It's the same with the "No healing during pvp" thing, that's a community made rule, not a real one.

And those "Rules" were only made up for the pvp crowd, they've got nothing to do with normal players.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
1 month ago#32
riddlebox89 posted...
People’s builds are NOT based off of Soul Level 120 or 125. Not even close. Far and away the most common soul levels of players are Soul Level 132, 140 and 145? Why, you ask?

Simple answer.

Majority of players don't give a damn about this meta level crap. Community made rules are not real rules, nobody has to abide by them if they don't want to.

It's the same with the "No healing during pvp" thing, that's a community made rule, not a real one.

And those "Rules" were only made up for the pvp crowd, they've got nothing to do with normal players.

Basically this.

But also, as was pointed out above, the Roster is for the Darkmoon covenant, not the Warriors of Sunlight. Darkmoon is well known to have a low and unpredictable summon rate. Just standing around waiting to be summoned is not going to get you anywhere (usually), so I suspect a lot of these players are just playing the game normally in PvE, only being called in once in a while to defend a host.

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
1 month ago#33
Ritalinfiend posted...
I’ve never adhered to community level caps. Always seemed weird to let folks make extra rules for me to follow in a video game.

They aren't rules. They are an agreement to maximize fun so that the online is active as opposed to being a deserted wasteland since everyone would otherwise be spread out across different soul levels. Sounds like you're trying to be an ass on purpose as opposed to making a point. "Dur I don't adhere to level caps because I don't like rules." Yeah, that guy totally whiffed on the point.

Just run red lights next time you approach an intersection because rules suck; even though you directly benefit from the rule. Honestly the logic of some people on Gfaqs...
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
1 month ago#34
johnrayjr posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Simple answer.

Basically this.

But also, as was pointed out above, the Roster is for the Darkmoon covenant, not the Warriors of Sunlight. Darkmoon is well known to have a low and unpredictable summon rate. Just standing around waiting to be summoned is not going to get you anywhere (usually), so I suspect a lot of these players are just playing the game normally in PvE, only being called in once in a while to defend a host.

Does not matter. If you have turned in a token, you appear on the roster of knights. How much of the Dark Souls population that is active would you say is NOT on the roster? If you're going to say something low like 15%, then why is the Roster of Knights not a proper sample?
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#35
johnrayjr posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Simple answer.

Basically this.

Does not matter. If you have turned in a token, you appear on the roster of knights. How much of the Dark Souls population that is active would you say is NOT on the roster? If you're going to say something low like 15%, then why is the Roster of Knights not a proper sample?

Sample... You need it to be unbiased.

Basing it on the idea that someone would turn in a proof is a bias. These players may know, or may not know, that turning in an ear may lead to gaining a ring and a spell. These players, one way or another, had to cross an invisible bridge. The sample is not fair, though we don't know what affect it has either.

Moreover, it does not track activity of players, if a character doesn't need DMB or the ring, the player may not add it for that character. Or worse, someone may have gotten there on release, and abandoned the game shortly after turning in a proof.

Hell, there may be a bias towards higher leveled characters, just because "I'm not limiting this one, may as well try to get everything!" While those who limit the level may never want DMB or spell rings at all.

This isn't a good source at all.

Edit: Oh, and you're last comment is looking like you're going to try to shift the burden f proof to someone else, without actually providing your proof. Your data is faulty, you need to support it, or get new data. Nothing anyone can just say will change that.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#36
They aren't rules. They are an agreement to maximize fun so that the online is active as opposed to being a deserted wasteland since everyone would otherwise be spread out across different soul levels. Sounds like you're trying to be an ass on purpose as opposed to making a point. "Dur I don't adhere to level caps because I don't like rules." Yeah, that guy totally whiffed on the point.

Just run red lights next time you approach an intersection because rules suck; even though you directly benefit from the rule. Honestly the logic of some people on Gfaqs...

You're the one acting like every single player needs to abide by the "No leveling after SL120" thing, yet he's the one being an ass? That makes no sense.

And that is a terrible analogy. Running red lights is breaking the law. People who level higher than 120 aren't doing anything wrong.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: decafpanda123

decafpanda123
1 month ago#37
Ritalinfiend posted...
I’ve never adhered to community level caps. Always seemed weird to let folks make extra rules for me to follow in a video game.

You need to realize that the vast majority of players have no idea about the "agreement" and level as high as they can.

The whole, sl 120 has never mattered in any Souls game.

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
1 month ago#38
Well I know I sure as hell don't care about it SL 319 now but i'm all about pve.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
1 month ago#39
Zero280 posted...
Well I know I sure as hell don't care about it SL 319 now but i'm all about pve.

You will be in a much more crowded bracket when you hit 351.
Annoy everyone using this one weird trick!

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
1 month ago#40
Do you want lots of online interaction? Play at lower levels...

A lot of people continue leveling until boredom sets in.

There will always be a small community of 120 players, there has been since demons souls.
Don't go and die over nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. The vast majority of Dark Souls 3 players are liars. Start leveling past 120.
  • Topic Archived