• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. The vast majority of Dark Souls 3 players are liars. Start leveling past 120.

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
3 months ago#1
The cat’s out of the bag. I just audited the game’s Roster of Knights. Guess what? People’s builds are NOT based off of Soul Level 120 or 125. Not even close. Far and away the most common soul levels of players are Soul Level 132, 140 and 145? Why, you ask?

Simple! Players at SL 132 will be able to mathematically match with 120 players in every matchmakingn rule set. Be it invasion, darkmoon blade, or whatever. At 132 they essentially have a 10% level advantage. But guess what? Just as common are players at level 140 and 145. So the cheaters are also cheating the cheaters. At SL 145, you match with all the players at 132 and up.

Now why some players stop level at 140 I have not looked in to yet, but the fact of the matter is that SL 120 is the smallest segment of the population of players between SL 120 and 145. Actually, this is the rank by population size of all players beyond SL119:

Most players: Between SL 132 and 145
Second Most: Players trying to progress to 802
Third Most players: Players at SL120 - 125

Something to note about the players leveling beyond 145, it is possible that a lot of them are retired characters or less played and that people made alternate characters to keep at a low level. So just because there are a lot of characters beyond Lvl 145 does not mean they are “active.”
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
3 months ago#2
I don’t think that the GFAQs crowd is going to be a good representative of the base as a whole. Or the Reddit crowd.

Between the boards there’s maybe 40-50 of us? Maybe...

I don’t imagine most players ever cared about the OL community meta.
Local moms want to meet

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
3 months ago#3
I love this topic. Congrats, you cracked the code. I haven't invaded/ganked on a character lower than 135 in months. And even a year ago, it's still where I spent most of my time. Largely due to the reason you provided: no one stays at 120. How else am I going to make a poise monster in DS3?

MajesticUnicorn
3 months ago#4
Adam_Ocelot posted...
I don’t think that the GFAQs crowd is going to be a good representative of the base as a whole. Or the Reddit crowd.

Not sure what to make of this post? Wrong thread?
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: Love-Wilcox

Love-Wilcox
3 months ago#5
I’m having plenty of fun at SL36, SL55 and SL90 at the mo thnx :)
Its OK to be Way of White
PSN: LoveWilcox NNID: dgwhiley

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
3 months ago#6
MajesticUnicorn posted...
Adam_Ocelot posted...

Not sure what to make of this post? Wrong thread?

I’m saying that we here only represent a portion of the playerbase, so while users here (and other sites) may actually be around 120, the majority of the playerbase was never concerned with a meta level.

I would imagine that for every one player that knew of the ‘meta’, 5 or so didn’t.

My point though, is that I don’t think people are lying about the level they play at, rather, the only people that state their level are the group that seeks out the meta, while those that don’t, never comment.
Local moms want to meet

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
3 months ago#7
How did you find this info again?

Also, 120 isn’t for everyone else... it’s for me.

Sure, back in des and ds1 I stopped leveling there because friends told me it was the meta. As I continued to play I found that it was the perfect stopping point for making different builds with strengths AND weaknesses.

It is a good stopping point for me as far as playing through ng cycles too. Keeps it challenging but gives me unique builds with some hard-capped stats.

Ds2 was different for me, I went to 150 in ds2. It allowed the same kind of builds as I find in the other games with 120-125.

So, I’m gonna stay at 120-125.
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 months ago#8
Already a step ahead of you. Leveled to 150 to keep up with the dishonest 130ers.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: TCrinaleT

TCrinaleT
3 months ago#9
LOOOPS posted...
Already a step ahead of you. Leveled to 150 to keep up with the dishonest 130ers.

Lmao.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1356769

MajesticUnicorn
3 months ago#10
It seems like only a couple of you read my first post. There is nothing here stated by opinion. And I did not conduct some stupid "poll" of gfaqs users as to what SL they are. Why any one would get such an idea after reading my post is beyond me; unless they're a moron.

I Audited an in-game list of thousands upon thousands of players who have ever turned in a sunlight medal on the PS4. The game records these players in a database. I am STATING as a MATTER OF FACT that most players ABOVE SL 119 are in the range of 132-145. And yet the community had reached a 120-125 SL Consensus for Dark Souls 1 and 3. This means that a lot of players are LYING about their SL so they have can have an upper hand.

You can't have a community of players say "SL 120" while at the same time a majority of the community is actually in the range of 132-145. Now, the 145'ers are obviously out to teach the 132'ers a lesson for "cheating the community."

For the purposes of being matched with the MOST people, it seems you would want your SL to be at 132 so that you get paired with people in the range of 120-145.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. The vast majority of Dark Souls 3 players are liars. Start leveling past 120.
  • Topic Archived