• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. My Own Personal Playthrough Topic - Part 2

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#21
Anyone wanna help?
The sun is coming up, over the hill
Or maybe it's not I can't even tell...

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#22
Screw this, I don't need anything he has and the idea of "I'm not a true Dark Souls player if I don't beat everything once" is something I just don't care about at this point. It's not about the enemy as much as game mechanics and the camera being awful for this fight. It's not worth it.

Gael was easy with a great sword because he staggers easily giving you an extra 2-3 hits each time. Lots of rolling but my shield could still handle two hits before I wanted to use my remaining stamina for rolling to make distance or getting a hit or two in. Shields are nice.

So now I'm curious about a few weapons so I'm gonna farm to upgrade them before NG+. Mainly just the Dragonslayer Swordspear as a heavy weapon with some lighting WA. Any other good split damage weapons for NG+? I'm DEX but will slowly build STR up to 40 and higher for refined infusion.

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
1 month ago#23
Don’t give up skeleton!

You can do it!
Local moms want to meet

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#24
Nah. I'm done. I don't care that much.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#25
What's a good HP level for NG+? 27 is the soft cap and 50 is the hard cap. 27 is 1000 HP when unhollowed, 39 is 1200. 12 levels just for 200 HP. Is it worth it for NG+ to cushion that?

Estus shards and undead bone shards are still in NG+ right? Does that mean by the end I'll be at 30 flasks and +20?

User Info: schwarze2011

schwarze2011
1 month ago#26
DesertPenguin09 posted...
Anyone wanna help?

Gael was easy with a great sword because he staggers easily giving you an extra 2-3 hits each time. Lots of rolling but my shield could still handle two hits before I wanted to use my remaining stamina for rolling to make distance or getting a hit or two in. Shields are nice..

you weren't being specific in what kind of help you were expecting. if you were expecting summons, I can't help you as I have put this game down months ago. if you were expecting some advice, I made a mini-guide with video in another thread in case you haven't seen it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/77258151/913477823

Midir is a LOT more predictable and consistent than Gael. the less erratic your movement, the more predictable his attacks are. stay in front of him all the time, always go for the head, never run to his legs, never fight around the edge of the arena, and know when to lock on and when not to. as for armor pieces, ditch shield and estus ring. shield never work against him. his attacks are meant to be dodged, not blocked. I have never seen any shield wielder, host or phantom, had any success in outliving Midir's onslaught. I personally wore Ring of Favor +3, Prisoner's Chain, Lloyd's Sword Ring, and Untrue Dark Ring. the last two aren't going to be of any use to you. as for weapon, try Sharp Sellsword Twinblades since you are running a DEX build. 20% bonus from WKGS is nothing to be excited about, nothing beats sellsword when it comes to melee firepower against Midir. use Gold Pine Bundle (preferably resin if you don't suck at items management). I remember pulling 2~3k per punishment window and up to 6k when he cools down following his laser barrage.
PSN: stevieg005 | xurdias

DesertPenguin09
4 weeks ago#27
I got through everything up to the Catacombs. Nothing was too difficult as you guys said. But difficulty in a Souls game is it's own thing.

Once you learn how to fight the enemies the difficulty is destroyed. All it comes down to is how fast or slow do you want to beat the enemies/how many swings do you want to need and how much do you want them to hurt you/how much HP you have. That's it. Sure, I could use a less powerful weapon but all it would do is make boss fights take longer and enemies would use more swings to kill.

I wish they took the time to program in new moves or enemy placement like other games do. Give NG+ something totally different to throw you off. Batman Arkham games are great at this by throwing the end game enemies at you early on so you have to deal with the tasers and shields right away, but also the tougher enemies in predator modes too. You also lose your counter signal so you have to visually watch enemies to time it. Those are actual changes to gameplay. Souls games just repeat the same cycle over and over with some +1/+2 rings in new locations. That's the only new thing I'm exploring for. Otherwise it's all the same.

DesertPenguin09
4 weeks ago#28
I want to make a viable Lightning weapon for the dragons and such.

I'm SL176 so I have plenty to move around. All I need to know is how high should Faith go and then I'll take an equal amount of points out of strength and dexterity. I don't want to use miracles, just a lightning infused weapon or one with natural lighting damage. The Dragonslayer's Axe has a high base lightning damage, more than the Lothric Knight Greatsword or Drakeblood Greatsword. Should I infused the Dragonslayer's Axe to get even more lightning damage?

Vig - 39
Att - 10
End - 40
Vit - 31
Str - 59
Dex - 59
Int - 10
Fai - 10
Luck - 7
  1. Boards