• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. My Own Personal Playthrough Topic - Part 2

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#11
Hunt down all possible slabs, kill every NPC whose quest is finished, buy every spell, farm up a bunch of upgrade materials in case you decide to upgrade anything early NG+.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#12
Also, about infusions:

Fire: Doesn't scale
Chaos: Scales with int and faith

Deep: Doesn't scale
Dark: Scales with int and faith
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#13
I haven't found Deep/Dark damage to be needed that much. I looked up the Silver Knights when farming to make it as quick as possible and they're weak to Deep/Dark. Can't think of any other prevalent enemies that would require it. Fire and Lightning on the other had are used way more often.
The sun is coming up, over the hill
Or maybe it's not I can't even tell...

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#14
Just looked at the fextralife for each damage type and which enemies are weak to them. It's so varied and I'm not going to remember every single one. I think it will be easier to use a non-infused weapon that's really strong and if I'm having trouble I can add a consumable buff, of which I have a full inventory of each.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#15
NG+ is a cakewalk until you hit Pontiff. It’s then that I first noticed my damage drop off and the damage against me spike. I also went into both DLCs in NG+2 with a 27 vigor character and don’t remember getting one shot outside of a few boss attacks like the giant flaming spirit bomb that one form of the Demon Prince can do (you’re not even supposed to dodge that attack though). Not sure if your absorbtion is just really bad or what the deal is if you’re getting one shot a lot. And if you’re looking for a thorough challenge then I’d recommend playing another cycle or two past NG+. That’s when I noticed the game starting to put up a challenge most of the way through.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#16
I'm not getting one shot but I want to prevent it from ever having the chance to happen hehe.

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
1 month ago#17
INCompl posted...
NG+ is a cakewalk until you hit Pontiff.

That's what I would have guessed - I would have phrased it as "until after the Abyss Watchers" but same thing really.

It basically has to be that way. There is a huge difference between the difficulty level on the High Wall of Lothric Vs. everything after the first Lord of Cinder - if the the challenge increase is going to be proportional, then %-harder early game will still be easier than standard late game. Otherwise, they would have to make the early areas many times harder while only making the late game areas slightly harder.

I think it's actually better for the experience, too, because you get to crush a harder version of the early game, but soon enough, your build is put to the test.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#18
I want to expand my straight sword inventory but it means investing heavily in Faith and/or Intelligence to give them 400+ AR. Which to choose...

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#19
Right now I'm gonna go after Midir. Here's my loadout:

Wolf Knight's Greatsword+5 - 469 AR
Black Knight Shield+4 - 67 Stability

Black Iron Helm
Black Iron Armor
Black Knight Gauntlets
Morne's Leggings

Ring of Steel Protection+3
Havel's Ring+3
Chloranthy Ring+3
Estus Ring

Might change Estus Ring with Flame Stoneplate Ring. Otherwise I think I'm set. This sword does 20% added damage to abyssal enemies which should help. Just like Black Knight weapons against demons.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#20
f*** this fight man...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. My Own Personal Playthrough Topic - Part 2
  • Topic Archived