• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. My Own Personal Playthrough Topic - Part 2

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#1
I actually took too long to update it and it closed. Didn't realize I took that long between playing.

The Ringed City was really beating me up and not being able to take my time and explore was getting annoying so I just put it down hard. I came back and got to the Streets bonfire and now I'm gonna explore the swamp before moving on.

I f***ed up. I re-allocated my points too many times and can't do it again, but now I'm stuck with stats I don't want. I wasted one time moving only 6 points around which was a waste. I could have done that later as part of a major overhaul. The last one I did was to give me points in Intelligence to cast Rapport for farming but it became useless. I can kill the Winged Knights and there's plenty of time to switch to the Mendicant's Staff for the extra souls that way. Rapport is not but unreliable and slows the farming. So now I have 18 Intelligence that I don't need when I'd rather put them into Vitality.

I have sinced raised Vitality and Vigor because I found out you can get killed in one hit even with Vigor at 27 soft cap, so f*** it raise that to 50. It's at 35 now. Vitality at 30, want that to 40 so I can stop using Havel's Ring+3 and use that ring slot for something else. I could wear lighter armor, but I'm going for the highest physical defense possible. I'm curious about it. Right now AngriestPat of Super Best Friends is doing a poise-build playthrough so I'm seeing how that plays out. It's okay, but I'd rather have high physical absorption. It's one thing to have a high health bar but that's meaningless if things still take a huge chunk of it. I'd rather have a smaller one but know that attacks won't always make me have to retreat/estus. And if I can go big armor AND big health bar then I'm a tank. That should take me through Ringed City and then NG+.

NG+ is worth doing yea? I never do NG+ in these games, but DS3 has new item placement and +1 rings that I didn't get +3 variants in the Ringed City. Should be fun with the game actually being a challenge all the way through instead of just halfway towards the end right?
The sun is coming up, over the hill
Or maybe it's not I can't even tell...

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
1 month ago#2
The beginning of NG+ is actually even easier than NG.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#3
At what point does it become "these enemies I used to one-shot are now two or three-shots now"?

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
1 month ago#4
Depends on the weapon you use honestly.
I went into NG+ the other day on my Quality dude and I'm using Lothric's Holy Sword +5; High Wall sword hollows take two 2H hits to die, I think.

But I would say you start feeling like it's NG+ against like miniboss enemies (Black Knights, Wraiths etc) and once you get to Irithyll.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#5
I'm running DEX but I'm thinking since I'll have nowhere else to put points after I do the Vigor/Vitality bit that I'll put them in STR and get that to 40. Some Sharp weapons might then by better as Refined, we'll see.

Right now my Sharp Millwood Battleaxe does 481 and Sharp Lothric Knight Sword does 424. Sharp Longsword is 430. Sharp Morning Star is also 424. It's really useful against armored enemies, plus the bleed. Maybe I'll upgrade to a large strike weapon. Executioner's Greatsword is nice but can't be infused. Cathedral Greatsword is an UltraGS and I don't like those, too slow. Great Mace looks to be nice.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#6
Check list for NG+:
-Titianite Shards, Large, and Chunks, in multiples of 12 to get weapons to +9 early
-Twinkling and Scales in multiples of 15
-I have Black Knight Sword for demons
-Any infusions that would be worth it to carry through? I already have a few Lothric Knight Swords at +9. Fire, Lightning, and Deep.
-My shields are at +4 for added stability. No point wasting a slab for 2 stability points
-I have all estus and bone shards

Should I think about another stat to invest in? Maybe Faith and make Lightning weapons really useful? It's the only elemental that scales with something right?

I'm also trading in the coiled sword fragment for another Titanite Slab. I'm going to farm the Winged Knights and max out my Homeward Bones for NG+. I killed the first two and bought 123 Bones, and you can only store 600 so that's gonna be a quick thing to get and not worry about. Maybe I should also do that for some other consumables.

Consumables to regularly use:
-Undead Hunter's Charm
-Charcoal Pine Resin (when FP runs out)
-Gold Pine Resin
-Assorted Bug Pellets
-Assorted Moss Clumps
-Alluring Skulls

Anything else? Those are what I find I use the most. Instead of firebombs I usually use my bow for a quick shot or two

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#7
All I have left to do in the Ringed City is take out Midir, Slave Knight Gael, and Alva, Seeker of the Spurned NPC invasion after Gael.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#8
First NG+ itertaion is easy but the later cycles are the true challenge in these games.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#9
I don't plan on doing more than one cycle.

DesertPenguin09
1 month ago#10
Is there anything you can think of that you can only get late game that's good for early NG+ that I forgot to mention?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. My Own Personal Playthrough Topic - Part 2
  • Topic Archived