• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?

User Info: Biscotti

Biscotti
3 months ago#41
^ Haven't fired it up yet tbh.
My cat likes Italian biscuits

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 months ago#42
You haven’t started nier until you’ve “beaten” it. One of those spoiler heavy games, so don’t expect an explanation.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
3 months ago#43
Nope. I still go to other games now and then.

I'm replaying SotN for the PS4. Kinda let down that it's the inferior PSP port, but it's still one of the top 5 games I remember it to be. Currently 632 Atk with the Muramasa and Lv61 with 71 in every stat and perfect MP ups. 342 rooms and 274,146 kills. The aim is 999 Atk and 100 Def for "God Mode".

Also busted out the R&C trilogy for the PS3 to show my nephew, and he fell in love with it. Makes me wanna replay them all now too. Still need to play Into the Nexus and the one for the PS4, which I have but never started yet :x
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
3 months ago#44
Nope I'm still able to enjoy other games but these games are definitely some of the finest in the gaming industry.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
3 months ago#45
SSaiyaman posted...

I'm replaying SotN for the PS4. Kinda let down that it's the inferior PSP port, but it's still one of the top 5 games I remember it to be. Currently 632 Atk with the Muramasa and Lv61 with 71 in every stat and perfect MP ups. 342 rooms and 274,146 kills. The aim is 999 Atk and 100 Def for "God Mode".

Also busted out the R&C trilogy for the PS3 to show my nephew, and he fell in love with it. Makes me wanna replay them all now too. Still need to play Into the Nexus and the one for the PS4, which I have but never started yet :x

God mode is cassegrism, lol!
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
3 months ago#46
owenmatthew posted...
SSaiyaman posted...

I think you mean crissaegrim.

Also Shield Rod + Alucard Shield.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
3 months ago#47
ImmortalDragonX posted...
owenmatthew posted...
SSaiyaman posted...

I think you mean crissaegrim.

Also Shield Rod + Alucard Shield.

I did, you are correct, thank you! But yeah, even way under leveled that thing breaks the game.

I’ve beaten the game annually for decades, and I just now, in this new release tried shield rod combos as a main strategy for game play. I think it’s the mablung sword that also allows for the combos, right? It was certainly gorgeous to see the animations, and crushed some bosses without effort, but they are slow and I got bored after awhile.

Incredible game. I still have my original ps1 copy.
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

User Info: sinnycool

sinnycool
3 months ago#48
If I take your post literally then the answer is no but since I'm smart enough to not take everything literally then figuratively yes kinda.

Yes in that the souls games reinforced my love of games that are challenging and don't baby you. The graphics and making it easy for everyone isn't the top priority. I like a penalty for dying, replay ability and using my brain.

Any game where you can pause and not worry, die and lose nothing or beat it by just being able to hold a controller are not for me.

From just showed me these kinds of games are still out there and not everything is pew pew boo hoo let me win!

Some of my favorite games all time are Everquest, dark souls and xcom everything else just plays like a Lego game to me.

Just my opinion I understand some play for fun or to look at pretty colors but fun to me is a challenge using my brain with replay ability these days.
Sinnycool Games on YouTube

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
3 months ago#49
Dt22 posted...
I’ve tried games like Skyrim

I'm actually doing a playthrough of skyrim right now, trying to get through the dlc (have never done it because old rim just started freezing incessantly in solstheim like 5 years ago)...

And I do see what you mean. You see, I really enjoy archery in skyrim, adjusting my aim for long shots, leading targets, etc. but that's about it. The melee is so piss poor by souls soulsborne standards its laughable.

User Info: andy123123

andy123123
3 months ago#50
No but they did make me a lot better at other games lol
Gamertag ChaIRPOnd
www.whatsupguy.com RIP George Carlin
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?
  • Topic Archived