• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
1 month ago#31
INCompl posted...
the_bats17 posted...
KDTProjekt posted...
the_bats17 posted...
Yes, I play two games now DS3 or Bloodborne. I'm hopeful for Sekiro. If it wasn't for these games I probably wouldn't play many games at all. If I get an hour out of another game I'm impressed.

Try Hollow Knight.

I've been looking at it. I'll give it a go for sure. At $20 there's nothing to lose really.

I’d happily pay $60 for Hollow Knight. The amount of content in the game is insane and it’s tough as nails as well.

Two glowing recommendations is enough for me. Sold. I'll grab it this weekend.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#32
INCompl posted...
the_bats17 posted...
KDTProjekt posted...
the_bats17 posted...
Yes, I play two games now DS3 or Bloodborne. I'm hopeful for Sekiro. If it wasn't for these games I probably wouldn't play many games at all. If I get an hour out of another game I'm impressed.

Try Hollow Knight.

I've been looking at it. I'll give it a go for sure. At $20 there's nothing to lose really.

I’d happily pay $60 for Hollow Knight. The amount of content in the game is insane and it’s tough as nails as well.

I see what you did there
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
1 month ago#33
It only saved my interest in gaming. I had pretty much hit the point where nothing good was on the horizon and if it weren't for Souls I could have easily stopped gaming altogether. However, now that Souls is over and I burned through a very small number of other games, there's nothing big on the horizon for me. Just a few games I'll look into after release.

User Info: callipygias

callipygias
1 month ago#34
Yes, almost completely.
Once in a while a game will hold my attention for a little while, like Darksiders 3 and God of War just did, but then it's back to Souls.
Nioh I played for 1k hours though, so I'm really looking forward to Nioh 2.
I.D. callipygias
Pawn: Honeypot

User Info: Dt22

Dt22
1 month ago#35
callipygias posted...
Yes, almost completely.
Once in a while a game will hold my attention for a little while, like Darksiders 3 and God of War just did, but then it's back to Souls.
Nioh I played for 1k hours though, so I'm really looking forward to Nioh 2.

I finished Nioh and quite enjoyed it until the loot system got tedious. I would upgrade my weapons and spend all my cash and then find another weapon to make that obsolete. By the time I could upgrade that weapon I had gotten a better one.

It was the only soulslike combat system that was actually like souls, and was satisfying. I thought there were balance issues and bosses seemed less fair then souls bosses, granted I never tried to master the mechanics because of said issues.

I hope they improve on 2 and I will be buying it possibly even day one. Right behind sekiro and Code Vein for my 2019 games.

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#36
Thing about Nioh is, most of your gear will feel very replacable and quickly obsolete until you beat the game, start running through NG+, and begin collecting divine (green) equipment to upgrade and tweak by using the games forging system. This will be stuff you'll often be sticking with and steadily improving for quite some time. Of course, while they will serve you for quite some time, even these won't last forever as there is a level of gear beyond even this that you will unlock on further playthroughs. Long story short, its really only the first playthrough where you will go through equipment like water.

Then there's the charm/accessory (again, that you'll start to find in NG+) that reduces set bonus requirements by 1, which gives you more room to mix and match sets for set bonus combinations you normally couldn't get which opens up more options for different builds.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#37
No. I’m quite happy to play less difficult games, especially with the improved skill ‘souls’ games have given me. I don’t expect or want every game to be the same. I’ve quite enjoyed the narrative sections of GoW, HZD, and Spider-Man that allow me to connect to the characters. On the other hand, I really like character creators and the wide variety of play styles possible in ‘souls.’ It evens out.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
1 month ago#38
Dt22 posted...
LOOOPS posted...
Nah. I think they are some of the most addicting/replayable games ever made but they get stale after a while like any other game out there. I still enjoy Skyrim, for different reasons that I like DkS. Haven't gotten around to Witcher 3 but one thing I imagine it (offers among other things) is a good story which can't be found in DkS. Assassins Creed games are terrible IMO, the gameplay and story are both so dull but that doesn't really have anything to do with DkS.

You’re basically speaking my language. First post and much of this second one.

I think my issue is I don’t play games for story but rather for Gameplay/combat. Gaming needs to be stimulating and challenging to me. I like rpgs and the dark/fantasy setting so souls games really scratch off all the boxes in things I look for.

I finished games like Diablo and Divinity but no urge at all to replay.

It’s funny that AC released a game every year for so long but that’s actually what From should be doing. These games are played for the combat, throw a new environment and enemies in there and ppl would be buying it every year.
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

User Info: Biscotti

Biscotti
1 month ago#39
I still hop into Bloodborne, made three new builds that took advantage of the chalice hax.
DSR I had 4 characters; DS2, two; DS3, two and a half (an SL60 for gank city).

I'll Day 1 Sekiro, but a bit worried about replayability and I'll miss co'op and PvP.

I have 600 hours in Warframe and recently got back to it; dabbling in Hollow Knight and bought Nier Automata on sale. Sometimes jump into Blops4 with irl friends who live elsewhere.

I do wish there was a new Soulsborne on the horizon; here's hoping the easter eggs in Deracine are an augur for the future.
My cat likes Italian biscuits

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
1 month ago#40
Biscotti posted...
I still hop into Bloodborne, made three new builds that took advantage of the chalice hax.
DSR I had 4 characters; DS2, two; DS3, two and a half (an SL60 for gank city).

I'll Day 1 Sekiro, but a bit worried about replayability and I'll miss co'op and PvP.

I have 600 hours in Warframe and recently got back to it; dabbling in Hollow Knight and bought Nier Automata on sale. Sometimes jump into Blops4 with irl friends who live elsewhere.

I do wish there was a new Soulsborne on the horizon; here's hoping the easter eggs in Deracine are an augur for the future.

How are you liking Nier? I got about 10 hours in and lost interest. It was fun, but it didn’t have a spark I needed.
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?
  • Topic Archived