• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?

User Info: Love-Wilcox

Love-Wilcox
1 month ago#21
With the exception of Nintendo games, pretty much.

Don’t get me wrong, I still play other games but I might only complete them once if at all before eventually coming back to Souls.

The only other games that I play semi-regularly are BotW, Splatoon 2 and Fire Pro Wrestling World (really looking forward to Smash Ultimate!).
Its OK to be Way of White
PSN: LoveWilcox NNID: dgwhiley

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 month ago#22
Love-Wilcox posted...
The only other games that I play semi-regularly are BotW

Haha that was was my prime example of the sort of things that Souls made unappealing to me.

User Info: pigskin94

pigskin94
1 month ago#23
Dt22 posted...
I never seeked a challenge when I gamed it, I usually liked games where I could relax and do as I please like Skyrim. After almost selling this 2 years ago out of frustration I have stuck it out and played all these souls games around 10 times each.

I’ve tried games like Skyrim and the Witcher 3 but I couldn’t play the game longer than 5 mins with my new expectations. FROM has set the bar so high and these other games don’t even come close.

I’m not a pvp guy so after I play through these I take a small break until I start a new build to feel refreshed. What other games do you guys play?

Nioh was the only game I felt satisfied me somewhat but unlike souls games some bosses felt cheap/unfair and that is why they have game breaking spells like sloth because they have some merit. I only played through once and maybe didn’t totally get it but the loot system was getting annoying and so were the same enemies.

I’ve been waiting so long for a new game. Sekiro is a day one buy, I’ll buy dmc 5 and code vein, then ghosts of tsushima and Nioh 2 are a wait and see.

I haven’t touched gow or AC:O cause they look like the Witcher and I couldn’t stand that. You think with all these bogus soulslike comparisons that some of these games can even come somewhat close? But no, it’s like their stuck in the Stone Age. I feel like FROM deserves compensation for every time someone markets a game as soulslike.

God of War is nothing like the Witcher & the combat is pretty challenging at hard difficulty & above.
Strength unguarded is a double weakness
PSN:pigskin94

User Info: Laurie1982

Laurie1982
1 month ago#24
Well that bastard Miyazaki personally came to my house and destroyed my copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door so yes.

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
1 month ago#25
Ruin is saying far too much, but I can't deny that the Souls games do so many things so right that I inevitably find myself missing in other games. Save system, healing system, grounded exploration, art direction, totally unintrusive yet intriguing writing, flavor and storytelling, fantastic voice acting that isn't obsessed with trying to emulate movies and win dem GOTY awards from the "this-game-shows-that-games-can-be-art-by-trying-to-be-a-movie" crowd. These games are just thoroughly excellent, and there are few others out there that do the complete package as well as them.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
1 month ago#26
Yes, I play two games now DS3 or Bloodborne. I'm hopeful for Sekiro. If it wasn't for these games I probably wouldn't play many games at all. If I get an hour out of another game I'm impressed.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#27
the_bats17 posted...
Yes, I play two games now DS3 or Bloodborne. I'm hopeful for Sekiro. If it wasn't for these games I probably wouldn't play many games at all. If I get an hour out of another game I'm impressed.

Try Hollow Knight.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
1 month ago#28
Not even close lol. The PvE isn't difficult at all so long as you're not playing recklessly and the PvP is a joke given the PKCS, regen, the Murky and latency.

Play against tryhards in fighting games that are eligible for EVO if you want a real challenge for PvP. Soulcalibur 6 is a lot of fun for me personally and gets better for me the more I get better.

For PvE it depends on what type of experience you want. Early Zelda/Fallout/Elder Scroll/Metal Gear/Metriod/etc games are a great overall experience while for pure difficulty, Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden is a great place. Go use an emulator and try that bulls*** if you're a masochist.

FROM has great games but they're a tad bit overrated, and I'm saying this as someone who has delved in Dark Souls games enough to win a bit of money in tournaments.
You can take the tryhard out of Old Wolf, but you can't take Old Wolf out of the tryhard.

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
1 month ago#29
KDTProjekt posted...
the_bats17 posted...

Try Hollow Knight.

I've been looking at it. I'll give it a go for sure. At $20 there's nothing to lose really.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#30
the_bats17 posted...
KDTProjekt posted...
the_bats17 posted...

Try Hollow Knight.

I've been looking at it. I'll give it a go for sure. At $20 there's nothing to lose really.

I’d happily pay $60 for Hollow Knight. The amount of content in the game is insane and it’s tough as nails as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Did FROM Ruin Other Games For You?
  • Topic Archived