• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#41
Button_Masher_Z posted...

The first two parts of LOOOPS' argument is "hosts are stupid." That's not a good argument.

In what way is my arguemnt that hosts are stupid?

It's easily possible for someone to tailor their stats specifically to have the advantage at low level PVP. It's not logical at the start of the game for most people to immediately start spamming Vig at the cost of other stats. Some of us might want to play a sorcerer or something and thus pump Int and Faith at a low level instead of min maxing vigor and raw weapons to be the ultimate low level build. Plus all the high level rings etc; I got invaded at level 30 by someone with Lapp's armor, very probable he was running around with +3 rings too.

And ember isn't much to lose, so the host isn't really losing much either.

Souls, ember, progress throughout the level.

Hosts rarely go into enemies, so they might summon if the invader won't engage. Do that.

If your point is that a host should run like a headless chicken back to the bonfire in the hopes that there MIGHT be a summon sign there... f*** that. Even discounting the fact that there might not even be one there. There are too many factors for summons to be a reliable thing in game balance.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#42
LOOOPS posted...
And ember isn't much to lose, so the host isn't really losing much either.

Souls, ember, progress throughout the level.

Only thing really lost is level progress. Souls can be picked up from the spot they died and embers can drop from some mooks and there's plenty to just pick up from static item locations.

Or they could just make a topic here or go on the trading subreddit and ask someone with a mule character to drop them a bunch of embers and the top four consumable soul items. Not that hard to find one since plenty of people have mule characters in this game since they're so much easier to make than in 1 (save for the remaster) and 2.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#43
If your stats aren’t built for survival, you die. Raw gems and good, low requirement weapons are available to basically every character. Sorcerers are unfortunately a victim of the “rough start, high payoff” issue that shouldn’t be part of a souls game, but that doesn’t give excuse for hosts failing their own min/max.

Invaders face the same soul loss. Like I said, ember is little, and progress isn’t big either, distance between bonfires is short. And even soul loss is minimal unless you REALLY hoard souls. Again, host is stupid.

The game gives options to the host, especially if the invader wants to go off and hide. Don’t complain if you don’t use your advantages.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: gotexas872

gotexas872
1 month ago#44
I'm talking about purposely disconnecting. When gankers are about to lose. Its not an accident. There are host that have been ganking since release, disconnect when they cant win, and are still able to abuse the system. I'm creating more videos of them to expose them. But they just change accounts. Scrubs cowards
PSN - x___APOLLYON___x Youtube - Daniel Plainview

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#45
gotexas872 posted...
I'm creating more videos of them to expose them.

I don't think many people actually care, in all honesty.

Seems like a waste of time. And it seems like you're taking it way too seriously.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: gotexas872

gotexas872
1 month ago#46
Limelol posted...
gotexas872 posted...
I'm creating more videos of them to expose them.

I don't think many people actually care, in all honesty.

Seems like a waste of time. And it seems like you're taking it way too seriously.

It makes me happy though.
PSN - x___APOLLYON___x Youtube - Daniel Plainview

riddlebox89
1 month ago#47
gotexas872 posted...
I'm talking about purposely disconnecting. When gankers are about to lose. Its not an accident. There are host that have been ganking since release, disconnect when they cant win, and are still able to abuse the system. I'm creating more videos of them to expose them. But they just change accounts.

We know you're talking about purposely disconnecting.

What you're not getting is that, outside of a video being taken from the disconnectors side, there is no way to tell whether the disconnection was on purpose or legitimate.

They can't and shouldn't ban people just because someone posted a video of them disconnecting, a video of them cheating or hacking the game to give themselves infinite health, stamina, etc or a weapon that does 999999 damage is one thing, but as far as anyone else, including you, knows, a video of someone disconnecting is just someone disconnecting, it's not concrete proof it was on purpose.

So if you haven't got any real proof that the disconnects are on purpose, recording and uploading videos is pretty much pointless.

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
1 month ago#48
There are factors such as one's power or internet going out, no matter how good their internet is.

Not common, but you don't wanna harshly punish someone who might be the victim of this, especially when the crime's pretty insignificant even if intentional.
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#49
SSaiyaman posted...
There are factors such as one's power or internet going out, no matter how good their internet is.

Not common, but you don't wanna harshly punish someone who might be the victim of this, especially when the crime's pretty insignificant even if intentional.

That’s why a ban would only occur after repeated offences within a short period of time like in almost every other game that bans people for disconnecting. In a lot of shooters it typically takes a few disconnects within the same day to result in a temporary ban. The only games I can think of where a ban is applied immediately upon your first disconnect is in some fighting games with a very competitive ranked scene. DS3 obviously wouldn’t fall under that category.

riddlebox89
1 month ago#50
INCompl posted...
That’s why a ban would only occur after repeated offences within a short period of time like in almost every other game that bans people for disconnecting. In a lot of shooters it typically takes a few disconnects within the same day to result in a temporary ban. The only games I can think of where a ban is applied immediately upon your first disconnect is in some fighting games with a very competitive ranked scene. DS3 obviously wouldn’t fall under that category.

And what if the power or internet go out multiple times within a short period of time? Or if their connection isn't all that great and they keep getting disconnected? It isn't impossible for that to happen.

Banning people for disconnecting is a terrible idea, there's way too many factors that make it impossible to tell whether the disconnection was on purpose or something outside of their control.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors
  • Topic Archived