• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors

User Info: Snake99001

Snake99001
3 months ago#21
INCompl posted...
Fizzle_Pork posted...
Taking dark souls online mechanics seriously is a mistake. It exists for fun and nothing more. It's not balanced and it's full of lag. It isn't now and never was intended to be a competitive experience. Play it for fun or not at all.

That’s not really the issue. The issue that the tc brings up is people disconnecting when they’re about to lose. It’s a massive waste of time for everyone involved in that skirmish and every other online game I can think of has some sort of punishment for disconnecting from an online match. Hell, even Animal Crossing has a penalty in place for people who try to save scum. Even leaving invasions aside, you’ll still find people who disconnect in the arena, which is as close to competitive as Souls can get and the only instance where both parties are voluntarily going into PvP. And even in that case, there’s no repercussions for disconnecting.

OK I've never actually met anyone disconnecting from the arena. How salty does one have to be...
Fear your blindness

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
3 months ago#22
I stopped doing that. Now I simply walk back towards the bonfire while disguised from a white branch and if they catch me before I reach the bonfire I just stop moving and let them kill me. I don't care, and I'm close to the bonfire so my soul run isn't an issue. Hope you're happy, you did a simply three hit combo and walked away, such a challenge...
The sun is coming up, over the hill
Or maybe it's not I can't even tell...

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
3 months ago#23
Fizzle_Pork posted...
Taking dark souls online mechanics seriously is a mistake. It exists for fun and nothing more.

This. I could not care less about disconnections.

User Info: bodyjam_3

bodyjam_3
3 months ago#24
tearast posted...
Play DS2, they have the Bone of Order in it that fixes this problem. DS3 went backwards in so many ways.

What's the bone?

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 months ago#25
tearast posted...
Play DS2, they have the Bone of Order in it that fixes this problem. DS3 went backwards in so many ways.

You mean the item you could keep getting indefinitely? The Bone of Order was removed because it was a completely useless feature.

"Hey guys, you know what would be great? A softban for people who disconnect."
"Hey guys, we're also adding an item that spawns every 10 hours that trivializes any punishment."

I typically took players longer than 10 hours to get softbanned too.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
3 months ago#26
It's an amazing idea. Let's ban people who have Internet connection issues or whose game might crash on PC. Even if they paid money for the game.

What about banning those bright individuals who don't understand that no one in the World is obliged to play exclusively according to their, bright individuals' rules.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#27
maeve2 posted...
It's an amazing idea. Let's ban people who have Internet connection issues or whose game might crash on PC. Even if they paid money for the game.

Doesn't have to be an instant ban. They can just track disconnects and use an algorithm to see if there's a pattern evident. Get too many that follow the same pattern in a certain span of time, get a temporary ban. If you have s*** internet you shouldn't be playing online anyway. It's a detriment to everyone, be it co-op or PvP, even if no disconnect occurs, and if you can't reliably maintain a connection, it's really no different than playing offline anyway. It's why I avoid summon signs that have BR in their PSN name.

maeve2 posted...
Even if they paid money for the game.

The game can still be played without an internet connection.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
3 months ago#28
KDTProjekt posted...

Doesn't have to be an instant ban. They can just track disconnects and use an algorithm to see if there's a pattern evident. Get too many that follow the same pattern in a certain span of time, get a temporary ban.

Please give an example of a pattern and how to implement it.

How about banning people who invade those who have no equipment that they have?
Invaded with a Dragonslayer's Axe and the host hasn't it yet? Ban!

If you have s*** internet you shouldn't be playing online anyway.

If you can not stomach that people will not do what you want, you shouldn't be playing online anyway, or intaract with any people at all.

The game can still be played without an internet connection.

It had a coop option included and people paid for it. There is no special price for the game without the coop option. If they deprive the buyers of the part the buyers paid for, it's a fraud and From shall be sued.

User Info: tearast

tearast
3 months ago#29
bodyjam_3 posted...
What's the bone?

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bone+of+Order

Limelol posted...
tearast posted...

You mean the item you could keep getting indefinitely? The Bone of Order was removed because it was a completely useless feature.

"Hey guys, you know what would be great? A softban for people who disconnect."
"Hey guys, we're also adding an item that spawns every 10 hours that trivializes any punishment."

I typically took players longer than 10 hours to get softbanned too.

Not hard to tweak the numbers.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#30
maeve2 posted...
Please give an example of a pattern and how to implement it.

Disconnect occurs when player HP < 20%
Disconnect occurs X times in a row (for the sake of argument, say 3 times)
Disconnect occurs when losing in arena
Disconnect occurs more than X times in a day (lets say 10)

Make each infraction count as so many strikes against your account. Once you hit a certain number of strikes you get a 24 hour ban.

maeve2 posted...
How about banning people who invade those who have no equipment that they have?
Invaded with a Dragonslayer's Axe and the host hasn't it yet? Ban!

That has nothing to do with the argument, and is a false equivalence. Players have control over disconnecting or not. A player has no control over the equipment of another player. Show me on the doll where the twink touched you? Would you extend this to co-op as well? Disconnects aren't limited to PvP.

maeve2 posted...
If you can not stomach that people will not do what you want,

Like not live in a third world country with dial up internet? You realize this argument can be flipped on it's head and the player who disconnects is also not playing the way the other player wants...

maeve2 posted...
It had a coop option included and people paid for it.

It also had the PvP option included, and the two aren't mutually exclusive.

maeve2 posted...
If they deprive the buyers of the part the buyers paid for, it's a fraud and From shall be sued.

That's what TOS is for. Certainly didn't stop them from soft banning players in DkS 2, or permanently banning people who didn't deserve it in DkS 2, DkS 3, and DkSR
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors
  • Topic Archived