• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors

User Info: Love-Wilcox

Love-Wilcox
1 month ago#11
You'll love this:

https://youtu.be/XXlLwBioz7k
Its OK to be Way of White
PSN: LoveWilcox NNID: dgwhiley

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
1 month ago#12
Banning would be too harsh, especially considering some people have limited home internet options. Myself included. I don’t play online in general because of this, but when I was playing online, I would only play with people who understood that I may just... disappear.

If I was banned for this, I’d be pretty pissy. Not gonna lie.

Killer Instinct has that whole ‘jail’ idea going, where if your disconnect to complete match ratio gets too skewed you can only play with other disconnect heavy players. Can’t personally speak to it’s effectiveness though.

I think it would probably be (overall) better for the online community though if players could opt-out of invasions, and matching with disconnect heavy players. Rather than ban the disconnecter, just tag their profile as such, and those that have the ‘no pairing with disconnect players’ toggle switched will never invade those players.

I know this splits up the playerbase*, but if you allow those who don’t want to be invaded, not be, they won’t be disconnecting when they are.

(*although it’s hard to say that the playerbase isn’t already split, just being forced into the same room. Get along!)
Local moms want to meet

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
1 month ago#13
If people don't want to be invaded they should play offline or play a different game, simple as that.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#14
Disconnect'ers were only even an issue when Invasion orbs were hard to come by.

Banning the person for disconnecting was never the right solution. Refunding the orb is all that ever needed to happen.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
1 month ago#15
the_NGW posted...
If people don't want to be invaded they should play offline or play a different game, simple as that.

From your perspective, sure. And I don’t necessarily disagree, but it’s not going to happen when co-op is still an option.

We can all say ‘the game should be played like this, and you need to follow the ‘community’ rules’... but let’s get real. Some people are going to want to co-op, and have no interest in invasions, saying ‘they should be offline’ is not a reasonable compromise.

Honestly though, I’ve still not seen any idea here, Reddit or elsewhere that was agreeable to the majority, so...

Can’t blame From for not figuring it out either.
Local moms want to meet

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#16
Adam_Ocelot posted...
the_NGW posted...

From your perspective, sure. And I don’t necessarily disagree, but it’s not going to happen when co-op is still an option.

We can all say ‘the game should be played like this, and you need to follow the ‘community’ rules’... but let’s get real. Some people are going to want to co-op, and have no interest in invasions, saying ‘they should be offline’ is not a reasonable compromise.

Honestly though, I’ve still not seen any idea here, Reddit or elsewhere that was agreeable to the majority, so...

Can’t blame From for not figuring it out either.

Invasions are a game mechanic though. By playing online and embered these people are agreeing to interact with other players. It’s no different than games like Rust or others of its ilk, where yes you can play with friends but you’re also likely to encounter other players that are hostile towards you. If these people don’t like the invading mechanic then they can either play offline to limit themselves to the NPC invaders, deal with the fact that if they play online that they will be subject to invasions from other players (especially if they’re walking around with summons), or they can drop the game entirely because it clearly isn’t for them. There’s an option in place to opt out of the vast majority of invasions and if it were any other game with a mechanic that people were rage quitting over the people doing the rage quitting would rightly be called out.

User Info: Fizzle_Pork

Fizzle_Pork
1 month ago#17
Taking dark souls online mechanics seriously is a mistake. It exists for fun and nothing more. It's not balanced and it's full of lag. It isn't now and never was intended to be a competitive experience. Play it for fun or not at all.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#18
Fizzle_Pork posted...
Taking dark souls online mechanics seriously is a mistake. It exists for fun and nothing more. It's not balanced and it's full of lag. It isn't now and never was intended to be a competitive experience. Play it for fun or not at all.

That’s not really the issue. The issue that the tc brings up is people disconnecting when they’re about to lose. It’s a massive waste of time for everyone involved in that skirmish and every other online game I can think of has some sort of punishment for disconnecting from an online match. Hell, even Animal Crossing has a penalty in place for people who try to save scum. Even leaving invasions aside, you’ll still find people who disconnect in the arena, which is as close to competitive as Souls can get and the only instance where both parties are voluntarily going into PvP. And even in that case, there’s no repercussions for disconnecting.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#19
INCompl posted...
It’s a massive waste of time for everyone involved in that skirmish

I disagree.

If someone disconnects against me, I honestly don't care. If they disconnect when they start to lose, then at least I got some enjoyment before they pulled the plug.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Snake99001

Snake99001
1 month ago#20
As much as I hate to admit it this is something I've done before but definitely not while fighting and about to lose but before the invader even has time to spawn (at least this way I'm not wasting anybody's time). I will only do it if there are a lot of souls on the line that i'm trying to retrieve. Not always but sometimes I just don't feel like dealing with the stress. Obviously I come from a biased viewpoint but I feel like banning is too harsh for such a non-competitive game. It feels like people sometimes take PvP more seriously than it's worth.
Fear your blindness
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors
  • Topic Archived