• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors

User Info: gotexas872

gotexas872
3 months ago#1
This s*** is so stupid. People can disconnect without penalty. Do I need to start a petition! Right niw I have videos of disconnectors and will call them out publicly but they will probably just start new account after being humiliated
PSN - x___APOLLYON___x Youtube - Daniel Plainview

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 months ago#2
No. That would be dumb as hell. Just move on and except that these people don't want to play with you. Besides, most pvpers love disconnecters and see it as an achievement or some s***.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
3 months ago#3
A ban is a bit harsh. Maybe something small like restricting summons for a certain amount of time that passes for a bit or increasing the invasion priority beyond that of multiple summons and a dried finger. Something to disincentivize it without blocking people out of the game entirely. The only disconnecters that I really take issue with are the ones that do it when they’re about to die because they can’t take a loss. Doesn’t happen too frequently though.

User Info: Kira0987

Kira0987
3 months ago#4
What is the current punishment for disconnection? Is it still where you'll lose the ability to connect to anyone other than other people that disconnect a lot?

User Info: Connor4576

Connor4576
3 months ago#5
I personally don't mind disconnects, saves me the trouble of chasing the dude around for another 10 mins. I don't need the embers and I certainly don't need pale tongues. To me, it's still a victory. Tastes better than killing a noob anyway.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Ye Olde Einstein

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
3 months ago#6
LOOOPS posted...
No. That would be dumb as hell. Just move on and except that these people don't want to play with you. Besides, most pvpers love disconnecters and see it as an achievement or some s***.

Then those people should be playing offline.

A ban is perfectly fine.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416

User Info: tearast

tearast
3 months ago#7
Play DS2, they have the Bone of Order in it that fixes this problem. DS3 went backwards in so many ways.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 months ago#8
LOOOPS posted...

Eh... a ban is harsh, but DCing still needs to net a worse outcome than dying.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
3 months ago#9
Kira0987 posted...
What is the current punishment for disconnection? Is it still where you'll lose the ability to connect to anyone other than other people that disconnect a lot?

There is no punishment as far as I know

User Info: Mordred1737

Mordred1737
3 months ago#10
Kira0987 posted...

That happened to me once. It was like being stuck on Gilligan's Island.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. FROM needs to ban disconnectors
  • Topic Archived