• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Highest Comedy-Value Weapons for Deacons

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
3 months ago#1
As a disclaimer: I consider the Deacons of the Deep to be the easiest fight in Dark Souls III, and in contention for easiest fight in the whole Soulsborne series. I do not think it requires any specific weapon.

That said, for my next playthough, I'm wondering what crowd-control weapon will be the most entertaining.

Two early candidates: Vordt's Great Hammer and the Quakestone Hammer.

I imagine that spamming the WA on a Heavy Cathedral Knight Greatsword would also be hilarious.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
3 months ago#2
I don’t think any weapon would be more hilarious than the earth seeker. Bouncing baldies
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
3 months ago#3
Ringed Knight Paired Greatsword L1 combo spam.
Millwood Greatbow exploding arrow weapon art (i did this on a high FP character, so plenty of blue to spend)
Dragonslayer Greataxe WA (demon greataxe would probably be about the same)
Ringed Knight Straight Sword WA
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

johnrayjr
3 months ago#4
MagickArrow posted...
I don’t think any weapon would be more hilarious than the earth seeker. Bouncing baldies

I may have to try this!

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
3 months ago#5
Splitleaf and hold down L2. Pretty sure that has poise on it too but don’t quote me on that. I don’t use the splitleaf. You could also use the Dancer swords wa or the spin to win with the winged knight halberd

User Info: Connor4576

Connor4576
3 months ago#6
Rose and War Banner buffed Lightning Storm. Great fun.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Ye Olde Einstein

User Info: MrFaceDude

MrFaceDude
3 months ago#7
Another vote for Earth Seeker.

Lightly tap the ground to send them all into orbit with your L2.
Psn- tjmincemeat
FUGS still best UGS

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
3 months ago#8
johnrayjr posted...
MagickArrow posted...

I may have to try this!

Did a playthrough and did that, can confirm that it was hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

johnrayjr
3 months ago#9
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Wow, that was the most wild thing I've seen in Dark Souls 3. I came into the fight with the Earth Seeker and Storyteller's Staff, as well as the Shield of Want for easy access to weapon arts.

But here's the thing. I had forgotten that so many of your NPC allies are also in pursuit of Aldrich. I saw the summon signs for Anri, Horace, and Sirrus, and though... you know, this is generally the easiest fight in the game, let's spice it up!

So on NG+ I went in with a full complement of phantoms, massively boosting the Deacons' HP pool. I was still doing tons of damage with the Earth Seeker WA, and when phase 2 arrived and the four fatties spawned in, I hit them with the Storyteller Staff's special poison cloud. All four purple guys as well as the actual Deacon were immediately poisoned. Then went back to earthquake mayhem.

All of my allies easily survived. Man, that was absurd.

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
3 months ago#10
I had a similar experience with my archer using the Millwood Greatbow while co-opping with a couple of friends.

I kept essentially dropping bombs into the middle of groups of them and laughed gleefully as they scattered to the four winds from the explosions. At one point, we ended up having to wait for like 10-15 seconds for more deacons to respawn so that the red...soul...or whatever had something to transfer into to continue the fight. We honestly thought we broke the game at first.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Highest Comedy-Value Weapons for Deacons
  • Topic Archived